Message in a Bottle - Edition #6 - Front Page

Message in a Bottle - Edition #6 - Front Page

Postby DezNutz » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:10 am

Message in a Bottle Sixth Edition

PAGES

Message from the Editor:

APOLOGIES FOR THE LATE RELEASE OF MAY MIAB - (A NUMBER OF DELAYS BOTH PG AND REAL LIFE ) and so we have given you a little more to make up for it - and JUST A REMINDER - MIAB REPORTS VERBATIM - WE DO NOT CHANGE, ALTER OR EDIT IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS, CONVERSATIONS AND CONTRIBUTIONS WITHOUT PERSMISSIONS. ALL DEVELOPMENTS AND ADDS/edits ARE DONE ALONGSIDE THE AUTHOR AND/OR WITH THE CONTRIBUTOR.

EDITORIAL
Ahoy all ye sea-farin sea-dogs, wenches and scallywags.... Welcome to the May edition of Message in a Bottle!
We are still here!! No striking the colours!

Lots of laughs with some very funny memes entered in the forum meme competition. It was great to receive your enthusiastic entries and hope you will keep them coming as we have some generous sponsors on board ready to hand out bundles of gold coin. So get your entries in and get your share of the prizes on offer!!!

MIAB must mention here that Feniks ran a great meme comp some time ago and thus we are inspired to have something similar running again. You can still find it even though a few of them memes and gifs have expired there is still some very funny stuff there....A recommended read!

Congrats to Will and Haron for taking out the prizes in the first week sponsored by the very generous Phoenix Knight and Phoenix Consolidated Financial services. Dman taking Ist place in the second week by a landslide victory.
Taking advantage of a quota of 5 entries helps to increase your chances. Well done to our first 3 winners!

Major Sponsor for the 2nd week was Trixikilikili, XMY MYRIAD BANK OF AVONMORA who offered a huge 30M gc.
This last week sees the generosity of Sir Henry Morgan matching previous sponsorship donations @ another 50 million shiny gold coins! Other prizes include 20 credits courtesy of regular and enthusiastic Sponsor Cutpurse .. the usual credits from MIAB .. and some surprises thrown in as well. You never know what may be on offer above the sponsorship prizes.

MANY THANKS AGAIN TO PHOENIX KNIGHT, TRIXIKILIKILI, SIR HENRY MORGAN, CUTPURSE, PULPOP AND LEO FOR THEIR GOLD COIN AND CREDITS DONATIONS.. BANK WITH THEM. TO DMAN AND FENIKS FOR TURNING YOUR WINNINGS BACK INTO THE POOL...THANKS ALSO TO WILL FOR THE LEVIATHANS :)
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ELSE FOR ANY CONTRIBUTION YOU MAKE OR HAVE MADE.

Pulpop jumped aboard to help out in the final (4th) week - Jackpot Week... Offering to match 30 Million with the other kind sponsors. Jackpot week will see all sponsorships donations bundled together for one big payout!!
Enter your memes that have entered and or won you believe are strong enough to win the jackpot or make new ones.

There is a theme for the final game. Your memes must ATTEMPT to reference the magnamimous sponsors!!

Thank you also to Shadowood for his offer to take and then give another players sotl as a prize - more generosity right there! No word as yet from previous winners if they have collected their prize. MIAB cant help wondering how does he keep coming up with these crazy and fun ideas!!

Leo also offered 8 Million gc for the winner this week as he has just reopened his bank and thought it was a good way to let everyone know.
We are also proud to announce our ongoing major sponsor and friend of MIAB is that wild and rather sometimes unpredictible Bermoodian War Lord and wealthy Slave Master, author and plantation owner, Cutpurse. Much more than some Hired Diplomat and far more of an Urban Legend, he has offered 50 credits per month to encourage you scallies all to keep bringing a wee joy with those memes. Bank with him.

Moving on to other news....
A plethora of Bounties over the last month has seen some players suddenly quieten down a great deal indeedy. They can be an effective form of both attack and defence. A well researched bounty can slow a player right down for a couple of weeks or more!!

Other thoughts this month: A number of good ships were sabotaged and or stolen in Avonmora too leading MIAB to question are there any sotls or mows on the seas that have not been sabotaged or stolen at some point...? Or about to be or will be in the future? Seems to be more popular than good old fashioned raiding these days!
Ships changing hands quicker than you can blink your one good eye...

For us on the under hemisphere...winter is coming.
Activity in Avonmora does indeed seem to peak during the northern hemisphere's colder months.
(If the truth be known the northern summer is actually a rather fruitful time of year :wink: for under-spheric pirates who are usually fighting off the bitter cold and needing to keep active and warm with food in their bellies ).

That's a good thing.. finding your way of surviving and thriving even the roughest of seasons.
There are no 'rights or wrongs' in how we choose to play or with whom we choose to play.
Everyone is different. Everyone has free willy will will. And has their own game plan for themselves.

I remember one time I received a reply from a new arrival I had greeted in the Tavern that simply said 'Shooie".
I was wearing the black flag at the time - (can't imagine that had anything to do with it tho) ...
I honestly thought there was a good chance they answered in some foreign language or with some new tag I hadn't heard.
It did cross my mind at the time this meant 'Shoo,' as in 'go away" but I couldn't be sure.
"Shoo' I understood, but I mean ... there was an ' ie ' on the end..??
Not being one to assume...I asked AB and Silver if they knew what it meant.

I honestly thought Silver was going to join the sea bottom from laughing himself into a wracking coughing fit right there and then.
Ms Bonny, naturally, just rolled her eyes, sighed then scowled and explained it in two words I have heard often enough and understand well!! This caused another near fatal burst of laughter from SilverShadow.
Point is, I didn't contact that player again.. He didn't want to play with me.

Ok, ok ok.. I HEAR YE - let me clarify. 'Coming from you - a pirate - who raids on whim on anyone anytime - free will you say?"...
Aye aye.. I hear ye I said.. me game is raiding aye, yes indeedy. No secret there. Not always on a whim. Sometimes I can put a lot of effort into my raids..
Nothing like a good raid to get the old adrenalin pumpin... and more gold in me warehouses..I love it!! uh .. but I digress...

Lighting folk up is a standard of the game.. It comes with some personal responsibility. For instance, 'over-fishing" is detrimental to the game.
SilverShadow is solid on this and adamant we look after our food sources... er.... I mean 'traders'.
Common sense isn't it? Targeting the same players over and over has a strong potential to deplete resources on all levels. Same with noobs who are just going about starting to build into the game.
If there are only a relatively few traders/players in the game then there is no need for new ideas and features let alone imiplementing them.

No traders would mean no pirates and therefore no need for developers, pr or anything else either.
All great dev ideas would remain just that.
The just remain Ideas bc there would be no game, not enough players, no PG.
Thinking for the long term gain is smart..

PiratesGlory is a slow build game that does not suit everyone. To quote - its a marathon, not a sprint!
There are ways to balance things out. You just have to work out how it works for you and the folk you play with.
Find your own way. Learn from others but develop yourself.
A second rate imitation of someone else can only offer at most, a far less than first rate you.

Be you. Have fun but bring you!

Editors Note
Half asleep after drinking all night in the tavern, Argo listened to a well known guild mate, pirate, trader make claim to having discovered ways to plantation wealth without much use for very few fleets@wt*!

Might have been the rum of course but the thought in that moment to Argo was rather disturbing.
How long this nonsense idea will go on is anybody's guess..
In that moment, Argo actually thought this was close to the dumbest thing she had ever heard!:exploding_head:
What's a pirate to do in a pirate game, then?

One last item...
This months book reviewer had two faves but he told MIAB he couldn't decide between the yet to be released, 'You Imbecile!" and
' I Want to Know why My Good Name is Trashed all the Time I am Off-Line " ... The author has written under many different names so the Reviewer and MIAB are not too sure who he was when he wrote this little gem. Further investigations have found neither does he.

THANK YOU TO OUR BOOK REVIEWER WHO UNDERSTANDABLY WISHES TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS.
VERY MUCH WELCOME AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT SCATHING REVIEW.

** MIAB NOTES: For more book titles you are welcome to send one shiny gold coin to MIAB along with some sealing wax.
Over the last few weeks MIAB has received many wonderful messages, memes and gifs and even a list of some of the latest book releases on Amazon. You can order now, Amazon Books at Troll Bridge Station, Slackton~

We have said it before and we say it again - a good crew here in Avonmora, indeed!!
Arrgh.. rum all round..(please ~ bring a jug and help yourselves to the contents of these Morgan Barrels!! Seriously.. pleeeease..))

- The Argonaut
Editor in Chief
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Return to Message in a Bottle