I love talking about alternate/multi accounts Bonanza

Anything related to in-game diplomacy (and beyond) can be brought here.
Guild news and announcements, war declarations, recruitment, military service offerings, etc.

Flaming is expected here. If you are easily offended, avoid this thread all together.

I love talking about alternate/multi accounts Bonanza

Postby Lefty » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:51 pm

Most Lee Harmless wrote:A bit of history :

Back in the day, the Fame mechanic worked differently : once your fame fell below a known level, you could not be hit : your lit fleets dropped off the lists until reset. This gave a clever captain an idea : he would run his many hundred fleets non-stop without regard to danger accumulation, HN's or Fugis. So, every night they all lit up and many pirates would smack away at them until his fame dropped to the point he was protected until reset. The calculation was simple : he would earn far more sailing his many fleets unmolested for 20 or more hours than would be plundered in the few hours of feeding frenzy.

Which cunning plan caused a great wailing and gnashing of teeth! Why? A pirate could plunder a most decent purse nightly without casting a single curse. Easy money! Yet still he was accused of gaming the system and using the low fame mechanic to 'avoid' being plundered for more than the several million he lost daily until the protection kicked in.

Thus the mechanic was eventually changed to the one we know today, an even more flawed mess but one which now allowed total de-fleeting regardless of fame level.

Naturally, that daily bounty ceased to flow and said captain found other ways to protect his incomes.

To mix the metaphors : folk were not careful about what they wished for and cooked their own goose.

Every attack has a counter : every defence has an attack. Every rule has a loophole and closing a loophole often creates a new 'rule' with new loopholes.

It's organic as new ideas create new methods and they create new counters and counter-counters and so on.

I have seen many traders complaints countered with the arguments that they should protect themselves better : low-value tails, powerful guardships, staggered fleets, scattered routes, protective voodoo, all good examples.

Which means that pirates have to up their game too : more powerful hit fleets, using more voodoo to clear protections, more hit-fleets to target the more scattered ports holding lit fleets.

That is the nature of conflict : tactics and strategies develop. No use whining about the inevitable : today's smart play will be inevitsbly become tomorrows dumb move.

To survive and thrive all sides have to get creative and stay creative, have to test and develop new smart moves and toss aside yesterdays dumb ones. Don't get mad, get smart.

So how many alternate accounts do you recommend I create in order to keep up with the latest strategy? :o:
Lefty

Re: Hostile Natives is overbalanced

Postby Lil Lola » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:12 pm

Um in all fairness that was always an issue. Not the latest strategy at all.
Lil Lola

Postby Lefty » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:41 pm

Lil Lola wrote:Um in all fairness that was always an issue. Not the latest strategy at all.

I didnt say it was, you did :D . I just asked the all knowing one how many I needed to keep up with the 'latest' strategy.
Lefty

Postby Lil Lola » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:48 pm

Lol the latest strategy being what? To keep lighting up PR?
Lil Lola

Postby Lefty » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:16 pm

I think its to quit playing. Then make a comeback. Im still trying to get the hang of it. Could you tell us what you know? :arr
Lefty

Postby Lil Lola » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:25 pm

Yeah sure!! All you have to do is accidentally spill one of Nelson’s “secrets that everyone apparently already knows” to Scraps then bada bing bada boom! Nelson lights you up with fugis and keeps you under his thumb then he refuses to listen to reason. Even if you point out that he never told you that it was a secret in the first place. Then hopefully you will have a good friends like Pro and Scraps who actually talk to you and listen and don't want you to quit and talk you off the ledge so to speak.
Lil Lola

Postby Lefty » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:37 pm

Lil Lola wrote:Yeah sure!! All you have to do is accidentally spill one of Nelson’s “secrets that everyone apparently already knows” to Scraps then bada bing bada boom! Nelson lights you up with fugis and keeps you under his thumb then he refuses to listen to reason. Even if you point out that he never told you that it was a secret in the first place. Then hopefully you will have a good friends like Pro and Scraps who actually talk to you and listen and don't want you to quit and talk you off the ledge so to speak.

All I heard is your other account is Scraps. Do you have any proof of this? Or will another of your accounts muddle this even more? :pc
Lefty

Postby Lil Lola » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:53 pm

Lol, well considering that we are all Nelson. you are one of my other accounts. So we are just talking to ourselves in the tavern for our other personalities to complain about.
Lil Lola

Postby Stan Rogers » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:35 pm

Lefty wrote:So how many alternate accounts do you recommend I create in order to keep up with the latest strategy? :o:

ROFL... from what I see, two or three seems to satisfy the most ambitious players but fortunately, most squeak by with just one.
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby Lefty » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:50 pm

Most Lee Harmless wrote:A bit of history :

Back in the day, the Fame mechanic worked differently : once your fame fell below a known level, you could not be hit : your lit fleets dropped off the lists until reset. This gave a clever captain an idea : he would run his many hundred fleets non-stop without regard to danger accumulation, HN's or Fugis. So, every night they all lit up and many pirates would smack away at them until his fame dropped to the point he was protected until reset. The calculation was simple : he would earn far more sailing his many fleets unmolested for 20 or more hours than would be plundered in the few hours of feeding frenzy.

Which cunning plan caused a great wailing and gnashing of teeth! Why? A pirate could plunder a most decent purse nightly without casting a single curse. Easy money! Yet still he was accused of gaming the system and using the low fame mechanic to 'avoid' being plundered for more than the several million he lost daily until the protection kicked in.

Thus the mechanic was eventually changed to the one we know today, an even more flawed mess but one which now allowed total de-fleeting regardless of fame level.

Naturally, that daily bounty ceased to flow and said captain found other ways to protect his incomes.

To mix the metaphors : folk were not careful about what they wished for and cooked their own goose.

Every attack has a counter : every defence has an attack. Every rule has a loophole and closing a loophole often creates a new 'rule' with new loopholes.

It's organic as new ideas create new methods and they create new counters and counter-counters and so on.

I have seen many traders complaints countered with the arguments that they should protect themselves better : low-value tails, powerful guardships, staggered fleets, scattered routes, protective voodoo, all good examples.

Which means that pirates have to up their game too : more powerful hit fleets, using more voodoo to clear protections, more hit-fleets to target the more scattered ports holding lit fleets.

That is the nature of conflict : tactics and strategies develop. No use whining about the inevitable : today's smart play will be inevitsbly become tomorrows dumb move.

To survive and thrive all sides have to get creative and stay creative, have to test and develop new smart moves and toss aside yesterdays dumb ones. Don't get mad, get smart.

So how many alternate accounts do you recommend I create in order to keep up with the latest strategy? :o:

Lefty

Next

Return to Union of Honor