Hammer of Thor Pronouncement

Anything related to in-game diplomacy (and beyond) can be brought here.
Guild news and announcements, war declarations, recruitment, military service offerings, etc.

Flaming is expected here. If you are easily offended, avoid this thread all together.

Hammer of Thor Pronouncement

Postby Stan Rogers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Fellow Avonmorians.

I have been nominated to be the spokesman for the guild Hammer of Thor [TKP]
Despite appearances, Hammer of Thor [TKP] is a well organized guild consisting of a coalition of players
from guilds all across Avonmora.
The "over fishing" of some guilds has caused players to quit and others to grow
less enchanted with the game.
We are here to challenge this abusive style of game play as we have been invited to do
on numerous occasions.

"Guard your fleets, don't be such easy prey".

The message has been taken to heart so we are responding as requested.
Perhaps not the response some wanted but a response just the same.

For some time now abusive and toxic actions as well as demeaning forum posts have been running rampant across our great community.
There have always been pirates in PG, after all that’s what pulled most of us in given its title. Pirates are essential here and do very well when the role is performed not only with one’s own interests at heart but the games benefit and success as well.
Many understand this and have managed it well previously, however some players belonging to this new generation fail to see the balance, respect, and dignity required to maintain this great community so many have come to enjoy and stick around for long term.
For these reasons, TKP has been called to action.
Not so much as pirate hunters but more so as advocates pushing for cleaner, healthier, and less damaging actions to the game and its players as a whole.

We will be waging war on those who continue to commit harmful actions and create demeaning posts ultimately found harmful for the games future. Good old fashioned forum banter and jabs have been accepted and welcomed for entertainment since the beginning, but now many go too far and some do not know when to call it quits.

We will not stoop to the level of our targets, so those not involved and wishing to be left out of conflict will be. Those found aiding and abetting will not be given quarter. This war is one on players and not nations, therefore TKP will not involve or engage in any port actions involving populations or influence unless the enemy does so first. In which case we will oblige.

If you feel someone has wronged you, your friends, or your guild in a detrimental way to the game please bring their name forward along with any evidence proving their deeds were not clean acceptable forms of gameplay and we will consider adding them to our list. All piratical deeds are not considered harmful, only those who push the limit and ruin enjoyment for others will be considered.

In conclusion, see topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4229 for an understanding of the actions we aim to rectify.
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Re: Hammer of Thor Pronouncement

Postby sXs » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Stan Rogers wrote:
We will be waging war on those who continue to commit harmful actions and create demeaning posts ultimately found harmful for the games future. Good old fashioned forum banter and jabs have been accepted and welcomed for entertainment since the beginning, but now many go too far and some do not know when to call it quits.

sXs

Postby Stan Rogers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Very nice.. the steely eyes and look of determination on that child's face accurately depict the mood of TKP in regards to ending toxic game play in Avonmora
Stan Rogers

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Feniks wrote:
Stan Rogers wrote:

Lol what I see is blah blah blah we decide what goes on here and even if you have a grievance to bring us we will decide if we like you if not then oh well we will be serving our own interests blah blah blah :D :D :D

Tin foil Tyranny has spoken :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby DezNutz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Sorry Stan, but I find the presence of a certain member of TKP to be hypocritical to your point. Past actions speak volumes and are not so easily forgotten.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby sXs » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Dmanwuzhere wrote:

Lol what I see is blah blah blah we decide what goes on here and even if you have a grievance to bring us we will decide if we like you if not then oh well we will be serving our own interests blah blah blah :D :D :D

Tin foil Tyranny has spoken :D

sXs

Postby Stan Rogers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 pm

DezNutz wrote:Sorry Stan, but I find the presence of a certain member of TKP to be hypocritical to your point. Past actions speak volumes and are not so easily forgotten.

No need to be sorry Dez. I think tho, if you look at TKP's roster, you would be hard pressed to deny the majority of TKP are, or once were peaceful traders forced to take action on an ever growing scourge that has affected their game play and style.
Last edited by Stan Rogers on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Rogers

Postby sXs » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 pm

The simple question is this, who decides on what is excessive. It seems to me that now all of Avonmora must first consult with the mighty TPK guild before we can conduct a single raid. That is the only logical way this can end.

What's next, we must ask permission to light up inactives? After that it will be asking permission to post something in the forums. After all, Stans claim here .........

Stan Rogers wrote:
We will be waging war on those who continue to commit harmful actions and create demeaning posts ultimately found harmful for the games future. ]

Again, who gets to decide what is harmful to the game..... obviously only TPK can decide that.....

So now if TPK doesn't like something you post in the forums, you become a target.

"Ultimately found harmful for the games future."

Again, only a tyrant would restrict free speech they disagree with. I would go one step further and call it fascism.
Last edited by sXs on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sXs

Postby Stan Rogers » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:45 pm

You can go as many steps as you want to. If you don't like the way TKP does things in their guild, remember, you can't please all the people all the time. TKP is not really interested in what the "fringe" thinks.
Stan Rogers

Postby DezNutz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Stan Rogers wrote:
DezNutz wrote:Sorry Stan, but I find the presence of a certain member of TKP to be hypocritical to your point. Past actions speak volumes and are not so easily forgotten.

No need to be sorry Dez. I think tho, if you look at TKP's roster, you would be hard pressed to deny the majority of TKP are, or once was peaceful traders forced to take action on an ever growing scourge that has affected their game play and style.

True, but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch, and the players past transgressions are exactly in line with what you are working to fight against now and probably even more so.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Next

Return to Union of Honor