Message In A Bottle - Edition # 9 - Page 4

Message In A Bottle - Edition # 9 - Page 4

Postby Argo » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:03 am

PAGES

MEET THE CREW DEJANIRA CONTINUED:

Without warning the faint strains of orchestra begins to play.. right there from that contraption .. Argo calls out stuttering a littIe.. " Wh..What is that? S s s ..s Some kind of mmmusic box ... or something?"
Dejanira smiles broady, mouths the word "phonogram" and puts her finger to her lips. Argo quietly repeats the word to herself a few times.. She watches Dejanira as she closes her eyes and seems to trance out , the music transporting her.

Her tall and strong body swaying and moving in ways Argo could only describe as .. well .. fluid and maybe even a IittIe sensual..
Argo notes the scent of the jasmine intensifies as her head begins to spin only to find that she too felt she herself was being imbued by the music..

It is consuming them both, mind, body and soul. They have no choice but to give into it.

Some time later Argo seems to come out of a dream state .. the room is silent. The Grimm Queen is standing with her back to Argo looking out a window..

Not sure whether to speak or no, Argo gently clears her throat.

Dejanira spins around with a little flourish and a big smile , 'Oh good, you're back - thought we lost you for a while" .. Feeling a little unsure and a little unsteady Argo thinks it best to get on with the interview and leave this strange
place and this hypnotic woman to their memories er dreams ...Argo has no idea where she has been nor what just happened.

"May I ask you some more questions Dej?"

She thinks to herself ". Im a little short on time tonight and would love to get this done .." Truth be told. Argo had no idea of the time anymore .. Its just aII too weird even if the music is captivating!

Dejanira draws a chair next to Argo and sits.. She leans forward and says.. 'Oh yes of course.. its.. I just.. I.."
..Dejanira seems also to come back to the present moment ' Argo, I am just so preoccupied with the wonderful memories and delights the music and this place brings .. oh .. and this special music - the magical places it takes us ... Did you enjoy it?"

A little shyly Argo replies sleepily 'To be honest, I don't know. I think I fell asleep but I do feel like I be havin had a full nights rest though .. she yawns, stereches and shrugs a little as if to prove.

Dejanira nods knowingly and says, “Aye, that can happen on ye first time. It’s magicaI you know. Next time you will remember I’m sure. There are other…" but as she picks up another envelope Argo signals to her and blurts ..

“N-no, it’s ok. I’m a little short on time tonight and would love to get this done ....if that's ok.. and I am easily distracted as it be."

Truth be, Argo be wantin more of that sweet music! Now!
Dejanira draws a chair from nowhere and floats herself down, refilling their tankards all at once . She leans forward and says “Oh yes, of course.
Fire away!

Puilling her mind as hard as she can to focus, Argo checks her notepad and asks, 'Uhm .. I see you were a Captain in the first ever Ladies Draft - would you like to talk about that?"
Her mind and her eye continually turn to the source of the music fIicking back and forth to DJ.

Dejanira cannot contain her laughter She grins good-naturedly as. her eyes light up the room! She tosses her head back, her hair wild and crazy- "Oh my, I happened to be the last one in on that draft "

She chuckIes .. " I had fun but I must have made many mistakes. Perhaps if had been able to.." her eyes turn to the phonogram as she says .. 'but that would be cheating, no?"
The Queen of Grimm's deep throaty Iaughter fills the room ..Still struggling to focus Argo manages, “Would you be interested in being a Fantasy Draft Captain again?

Dejanira screws up her face yet remains stunningly beautiful .. she guffaws loudly ... “Nah, I-don’t-think-so."
“But you wrote up a blurb… do you remember any of that?”

“It was based on songs I like. But it followed the same path of many Radio Bermuda issues: Only a few knew what I was actually talking about,"
Again that sellf-deprecating laugh.." Argo notices Dejaniras eyes shining and thinks she looks happy.

Time seems to have passed in an instant. Its getting late or it isnt or its aready tomorrow or not and Argo wants to wrap this up and get going.. She is having some trouble focusing and finds her mind magnetically drifting back to that musical contraption .. she wants more .. She takes a big breath and a moment to refocus.
“Aah ,, Ok. Then… Biggest wars or battles in which you were involved ?” she forces it out quicky..
Dejanira leans forward and grabs Argos wrist firmly – “Wars? I’m a quiet kind.” She lets go patting Argos wrist as she does.. her eyes soft indeed ..
"After what happened to my parents I never wanted to go into the big battles.. I prefer the quiet game .. Im much more effective that way - so all I had learned from my studies was and is employed as required - hahaha -even to this day!"

“Any sailors in particular on our seas with whom you are enjoying some exciting adventures these days? I see you are a small but strong guild of 6 fine saiors ...and strong players in Bermuda - Never to be underestimated ..Any other scallywags you like to enjoy your days with sailing around in Avonmora ?”
“Well, many. Also many not sailing anymore. They're either sailed to distant shores or landed themselves in Davy Jones's locker!"
There is a long pause and again Dejanira gently squeezes MIABs reporters wrist..

A gentle smile crosses her lips and she whispers with a smile ... “ and you, Argo, I've liked saiing with you ” . Together they laugh.
The MIAB reporter snaps closed her parchment notebook and says " Well.. I think thats all we need right now. "

She happily yet compusively nods rather a tad too enthusiastically and smiles in the direction of the golden music machine .. . the phonogram ..
Dejanira over-enthusiasticaIIy takes the cue and does not hesitate and with a knowing smile as big as the ocean, she strikes up that contraption and the music begins . The smiIe on her face says it aII..

As the scent of jasmine pervades and overwheIms, their bodies begin to move in what wouId normally seem like ridicuIous jerking steps and gestures. .

Laughing out Ioud at what her body was doing independentIy of her wiII - Argo is amazed - did not even know she had moves Iike this -

The spirit of the music has possesses her - She cIoses her eyes and surrenders completely into it -
The meIodies again sweeping them both away to another place, another time ......

Also a meanie-head
Argo

Return to Message in a Bottle