Message In A Bottle - Edition # 9 - Page 2

Message In A Bottle - Edition # 9 - Page 2

Postby Argo » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:02 am

PAGES

A CHAT WITH MIZ B4 SHE WAS QUEEN

I originally joined this game because I had a friend from another online game playing and he encouraged me.
I have historically really been into pirate games going back to Sid Meiers Pirates on the Atari so the genre really appealed to me.

The learning curve here is kind of steep, there's still tons of stuff i don't really understand... as for the pace, well I did drop a little bit of money on the game which has sped things up considerably, I haven't felt like there isn't anything I can't achieve after spending a small amount of IRL cash.

In terms of improvements, I find the interface kind of clumsy and think it would definitely benefit from a redesign and some modernisation.
There doesn't appear to be any active dev work on the game, so I assuming it is in maintenance mode until it eventually gets sunsetted...
The community seems friendly as a whole, always happy to help. My guild are all friendly but not the most helpful... I understand they have some spies in chat and I think that prevents them from opening up too much.

In my first few weeks of the game I was quite confused about how my fleets could get easily beaten by people with the same composition, but then i learned about the various hideout upgrades and it started to make sense, but to a new player it is very hard to understand what battles are winnable and which aren't.

All in all I enjoy the game, logging in once or twice a day to spend my turns, but i definitely think it could be so much more with a bit of investment.
I'm definitely keen for there to be more ways of earning coins and credits, and I am not really a user of the forums at the moment so having something like that there would definitely encourage it.

I'm not really sure what being a pirate in the game entails, what benefits and limitations does it put on me... I don't even know how to be honest. I'm just purely focussed on getting strong and building wealth at the moment so I can keep up with some of the bigger players out there.

Yes I did come in to play a pirate game, and it mostly lives up to my expectations. There are some features which seem pretty redundant to me right now... burying treasure and treasure hunting... maybe something could be done to improve these / make them worth while. At lot of other pirate games I have played often have a focus on exploration which I think is missing from here, but I don't see how it could be nicely implemented.

Also sieging ports is something I have enjoyed in other games that appears to be missing here.

FEATURE ARTICLE #1

: BRITISH INDIA TEA COMPANY

Scottish botanist Robert Fortune was hired by East India Company in 1848. Being a bit of a scallywag he was somewhat adeptly diversified with his many skills!
Prior to his engagement with EIC, the British were in need of more tea than China could currently provide. They wanted a controlling interest in tea production, trade and sales while seeking out and acquiring their own land for plantations ...
"Aha.. we have India!" shouted one of the British boffins triumphantly ...
As much of the land iin India was already under British control it wasnt hard to find lots of acres of fertile lands available.
However, a good quallity yield and centuries of sacred traditional know how was locked away deep within China. England needed to know to grow.
There just wasn't enough tea for all their citizens! If China coudnt keep up then they would make their own! But how?
England realized it was in need of a spy. And a plant finder. And a thief and someone who had a good knowledge of botany.
The aforementioned Robert Fortune fit the EIC brief perfectly.
A botanist, a plant-hunter, a spy and a thief to boot! He disguised himself and travelled all throughout China, nicking tens of thousands of tea seeds and hundreds of plants.
Casting a bit of the ol' scallywag charm, he easily encouraged dozens and dozens of tea workmen to flock to employment in India and work under better conditions for BIC.
It didnt take long for the company to fly .. Only 12 years later India overtook China in the tea trade market stakes..
Britain thrived as their tea industry grew and grew until they had more than enough for themselves and plenty with which to export and profit,
This led to the eventual crashing the Chinese economy.
Robert Fortune is credited with spreading er stealing at least 250 species of plants, mostly teas throughout the world during his life. His distribution of fine teas seeds to countries all over to create the worlds tea plantations we see thriving today .

Provisions of the Tea Act

Before the Tea Act came to be, the British East India Company Tea could only sell their tea at auctions in London. The company paid a tax per pound of tea sold .
This began to weigh heavily on the coffers. The Tea Act changed this restriction and granted the British East India Company license to export their tea to the America's and its territories.. This also enabled British East India Company’s markets to invade thelucrative American colonies. As an added bonus, under the Tea Act, levis and duties Britain charged on tea shipped to the American colonies were to be waived or refunded upon sale.
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Return to Message in a Bottle