Message In A Bottle - Edition# 8 - Page 9

Message In A Bottle - Edition# 8 - Page 9

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:37 pm

PAGES

"Well blondie is a skeleton I found on an old shipwreck, I use him as a wig stand, he sits in a throne chair I picked up from somewhere, I dressed him up with some of me old clothes and A blond wig I acquired one night when I had far to many drinks,

He has a missing eye just like myself so I gave him one of me patches, But its not entirely uncommon for members of VUDU to find me drunk to the gills, Donning the wig and playing piano singing sea shanties at the top of my lungs. Hence, 'Blondie' is more often used in reference to myself."

As Will downs another ale, Argo wonders if this may be one of those evenings and thinks perhaps she should send warning to members of VUDU to seek other accommodation for the night should they intend to get some sleep. As orders of the beef cassolet begin coming out from the kitchen. Argo begins to think it might be time to wrap up the interview so they can move on to another establishment. She gets a bit more direct with her questions

Argo frowns as she speaks .. "Will, you know... It is widely understood that some sailors have deemed it necessary to actually really cast real hoodoogoogoo on other sailors in a bid to destroy their game.. for me, this is the saddest and lowest thing Ive seen happen in Avonmora ..What do you think has been the Lowest of times in Avonmora for you? I occasionally feel bad when things get pushed a bit to far such as you mentioned or.when conflicts go on and neither side yields, sometimes sailors lose the will to carry on as they used to, some leave Avonmora for bluer waters.
Its not usually good for Avonmora when things like this happen, we need as many sailors as possible out there ..... more importantly - so I got someone to raid" .
Again that deep loud guffaw echoes around the tavern drawing attention from the other patrons.

Argo changes the subject quickly .. ' What do you think are your strengths?"
what are your best skills/attributesWill takes a deep breath, closes his eyes and tips his head back. He appears to be thinking and as he breathes out he says, : " I am good at figuring out creative ways to do a lot with a little.
I'm good at finding a way to make difficult tasks easier by viewing them in a different way. I'm good at assembling people into a team that can work together and get the job done, no matter what the job is.' Nudging here in the ribs again .." I'm not to bad at fighting either." He smiles that big toothy grin

Argo pushes on " if you had to tell a warning of yourself in the 3rd person.. what would ye say ?"" I would tell people, Will might look sometimes like a drunken hobo, sometimes you might see him wasted drunk donning a long blond wig that once belonged to a lady of the night, often he can be on the docks dressed in his outlandish apparel drunkenly shouting at one of his crews, some random sailors, or just the ocean, but do not underestimate this man.Image

He can sling voodoo as fast as he can babel in bareley understandable drunken slurs. He can steal your ship while your in the privy, and your port almost as fast. lock your treasury far underground, cause you not see him coming. If you best William One Eye in a fair fight he will likely offer you congratulations instead of vengeance, If you wrong William one Eye in any other way you will most likely see the latter
when you least expect it.."
As Argo watches a bar patron strangling another bar patron for their soup, she recommends William and herself purchase another bottle of rum to drink on the way and move on to a more refined establishment.

" Aye" says Will, " tis a good night to get home to VUDU and sing a few tales of the Sea."
Argo motions to the barkeep for a bottle of Rum to Go,
As she turns back from the bar with her purchase, the incredible level of composure Will had seemingly kept during the interview inspite of the massive consumption, had quickly faded fast the very moment he stood up from the table. She shakes her head. Not for the first time.
The Will of Interview had vanished. Before Argo now stood the other Will, the one that babbles nonsense. The one she found in the alley only hours earlier .. the familiar one..

Argo helps Will maintain his balance as she moves him towards the door. " Round up the Turtles", he keeps shouting to no-one and everyone as a laughing Argo pushes him out the door of the pub.As Argo helps steady Will while they walk down the street, Will, leaning lopsidedly on her continues shouting nonsense, The laughter and his weight make Argo weak but together they make it a few blocks down when suddenly a loud crash and a human is airborn right in front of them.

It would seem he came out the window of another pub involuntarily.They stood looking dumbstruck at the Medditeranian influenced structure, stucco walls with clay tile roofing, a red flag with a double headed eagle flys above her door. Neither spoke.
A moment later a deep and familiar, piratey growl assails their ears as a giant of man jumps out of the window, holding an oar. He is completely bald and covered in tattoos, even on his head.

Argo recognises him straight away and gasps - she didn't think she could laugh any harder . (She also wonders how Tzorgos has all the giants? A future article begins to form in her mind) ...The tattooed giant raises the oar to attack the man who was ejected, but is distracted momentarily as he looks over at Argo and Will. .. a flicker of recognition spreads across his inked-up face.

As he pauses, his victim jumps up, squeals like a stuck pig and runs quickly into the alley,

Standing with the oar over his head in triumph the giant lets out another loud , " Arrrggggghh, he’ll know better than to show his face in my pub again!" Argo is sure she feels the ground tremble ..

He reaches over and grabs the bottle of rum from her, takes a large swig, and asks "So,,, where we be going next?"

Will responds to Shadowood “ maydbe odsid gosh hom snd sing som songs”

Shadowood looks at Argo and rolls his eyes upward, “ Wigs coming out again”.
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Return to Message in a Bottle