Message In A Bottle - Edition# 8 - Page 5

Message In A Bottle - Edition# 8 - Page 5

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:36 pm

PAGES

Again that loud guffaw that turns many heads our way ..- "You know the usual stuff. I enjoy, music, rum, weapons of all sorts, rum, the company of fine wenches, (pauses, looks at her and winks), rum, ale, barley wine, mead-games, games, mead, gambling, plotting robberies, singing in all the taverns, plotting invasions, drinking rum, singing in the streets, finding shipwrecks, drinking rum, keelhauling undisciplined sailors, hangin em from the yard-arm, singing in the great hall of Vudu, shooting people, stabbing people, making people walk the plank.. arrgh oh and and did I mention rum?"

Argo joins the laughter just as their meals arrive. She has no idea what it is she sees on her plate. Nor what is on Williams. But she says nothing.
Meanwhile William is pre-championing their repast a little too much methinks . Argo just looks from plate to plate and from Will to the bartender and back to the plates. She even looks around to see if anyone else has the dish.
Apparently not....She thinks to herself.."What the hey is that???"

As she reaches for some bread and cheese, William clocks the look on her face but seems to ignore it.. He explains as he hungrily shovels the first putrid looking mass spilling from its spoonful into his mouth .. "There is only so long you can pirate most places before governments hunt you down and send you to the gallows, I have put up my colors many places,
By comparison Avonmora seems to reward naughty behavior and the rampant corruption of governments, and the local enforcers, allow for a certain freedom to do as you wish, so long as you don't try to push the limits too hard."
He pauses to dip some bread in the squirming discharge on his plate..

"Did you know Argo, that after wrecking a sloop in a hurricane I accidentally arrived in Avonmora and awoke on a beach in Akrotiri? I quickly, (cough, cough!) he uses his fingers to demonstrate), "commandeered" a ship, and my journey began. Avonmora is a good fit for me habits So I have never seen any reason to move on."

Argo watches him eat and talk and drink seemingly all at the same time. She has not yet touched her meal and maintains a steady gaze. It is hard to take her eyes from this weirdly, oddly, strangely fascinating pirate/governor.privateer and multi-throned KING sitting here before her.. let alone pick up her quill and actually write something!
The crazy avant guard steam-punky pre-era of high punk fashion sits before her - The hats, the boots, the coats, the badges and chains, the wigs, the eye patches, the medusa hair!! (Sometimes known to wear a rather famous blonde wig) Shiver me timbers_the flamboyance!

All somehow in amongst the brilliant mind of him too .. And.. she has never known such rum consumption in all her years on the docks drinking with the best of them ... apart from Charles Vane of course.. Will's long time mates, Vane, Banger,Shadowood, Feniks and Noffin too - used to end up in all sorts of delightfully news-worthy messes!! For instance, Banger and all that orange powd ..oh never mind..."

Argo asks," what changes have you seen over your time for better or worse? William continues to shovel in the food and rum at a pace unseen before. And all the while he keeps up his tale nary missing a beat.

"We opened the credit market, which seems like a nice addition, but I believe its mostly hindered the ability of newer sailors to get started. We opened plantations, which was also a nice addition, but I believe it offers a bit to much of a sheltered environment as there is little you can do to interact with another sailors plant.

" He waves his spork up in the air nonchalantly as if brushing a bug from his epaulettes.. "The opening of Trade routes and open markets were great additions, I love open markets, but sadly have not recently had the time nor trade fleets to play with the trade route system much

I greatly enjoyed the addition of shipwreck hunting, to the tune of 13,305 shipwrecks found. Generally, I like most of the changes we make
to the region, but I hate seeing startups become more difficult for newly arriving sailors

Also a meanie-head
Argo

Return to Message in a Bottle