Hostile Natives is overbalanced

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

Re: Hostile Natives is overbalanced

Postby Lil Lola » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:46 am

DezNutz wrote:
Mack wrote:If they never use them they are not a factor are they

Actually they are.

The number of cards in circulation plays a factor in determining which cards are generated in voodoo packs and chests.

For shits sake Mack!! Pay attention and quit your ranting. It was just explained to you that even though you hide them and not use them, they are still a factor in determining whether they are common or rare.
Lil Lola

Postby Mack » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:46 am

did you read what I wrote?
ALL HAIL JESUS CHRIST! GOD IS KING!
Mack

Postby Mack » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:07 am

DezNutz wrote:
Lil Lola wrote:No, it wouldn't mack..hiding them would not make them rare. They are still technically in play. And Dez, correct me if I am wrong but Dman tossing them everywhere actually would make them rare?

In a very very general sense, as a card is utilized it's overall availability decreases, making it "rarer". HOWEVER, the ability to replenish the cards via voodoo packs and daily chests, and the fact other cards are utilized counteracts this diminishment.

And if it is first common but then gets changed to uncommon it would be less common than before that new ones are produced correct......

What's up you can't find a way around this one
Mack

Postby DezNutz » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:50 pm

Mack wrote:
DezNutz wrote:
Lil Lola wrote:No, it wouldn't mack..hiding them would not make them rare. They are still technically in play. And Dez, correct me if I am wrong but Dman tossing them everywhere actually would make them rare?

In a very very general sense, as a card is utilized it's overall availability decreases, making it "rarer". HOWEVER, the ability to replenish the cards via voodoo packs and daily chests, and the fact other cards are utilized counteracts this diminishment.

And if it is first common but then gets changed to uncommon it would be less common than before that new ones are produced correct......

What's up you can't find a way around this one

Hold my beer....

There is this tiny inconvenient fact that you would have to move more than just HN.

The number of cards in each rarity are set to keep the ratio of cards and formulas to function properly..

For HNs to become uncommon, an uncommon card would need to be made common. Which one do you suggest?

Furthermore, if HN is uncommon, FFJ can't be uncommon. It would have to be made rare. So then you have the next part, which is what existing rare card should become uncommon. Let me know how that works out for you.

This is one of the reasons, CJ didn't just implement New Voodoo Card Suggestions and pushed more toward the Witch Hut and Legendary Cards, which wouldn't effect the formulas and ratios setup for Voodoo Cards. A reason why CJ hasn't just gotten rid of voodoo but instead looks to repurpose voodoo cards with new effects.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Stan Rogers » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:13 pm

Actually, there are a few Rare cards that I would nominate moving to the common list.
Antagonize, Fireship, Hidden Treasure are all curses that I would agree were they to be relegated to Common, would serve to make a new slot for something like FFJ to move in to.
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:03 pm

Stan Rogers wrote:Actually, there are a few Rare cards that I would nominate moving to the common list.
Antagonize, Fireship, Hidden Treasure are all curses that I would agree were they to be relegated to Common, would serve to make a new slot for something like FFJ to move in to.

no one cares what you agree or disagree on.... hns are not and never have been anything but common
that system was designed utilizing thought to an overall system and not based on your petty self interest :D :D :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Stan Rogers » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:18 pm

Dmanwuzhere wrote:
Stan Rogers wrote:Actually, there are a few Rare cards that I would nominate moving to the common list.

no one cares what you agree or disagree on.... hns are not and never have been anything but common
that system was designed utilizing thought to an overall system and not based on your petty self interest :D :D :D

And a fine rebuttal demonstrated by the wordsmith Dman.

Here is another example of his literary prowess that he may want to read once again.

"damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic"
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby DezNutz » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:34 pm

I'm sure, but you do realize that by moving HNs to uncommon, you are effectively telling new(er) players that don't have large stacks of voodoo that they can't play a certain game style. You are limiting their ability to play the game by limiting their ability to attack and use voodoo to plunder.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:08 pm

liberal logic 101 me me me system be damned.... the complaints on a broken system for what they broke is phase 2 of the gripe :D :D :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Mack » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:14 pm

DezNutz wrote:

I'm sure, but you do realize that by moving HNs to uncommon, you are effectively telling new(er) players that don't have large stacks of voodoo that they can't play a certain game style. You are limiting their ability to play the game by limiting their ability to attack and use voodoo to plunder.

I disagree I think there will still be many available whats the magic numbers
Mack

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion