Oils

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

Oils

Postby Dr Vegapunk » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:12 am

Is there any chance that this new type of resources will appear in Avonmora?
Start with the whale's oils with the combination of new type of ship for hunting.
im fart a lot

Smell ur Own Fart for an Absolute Calmness
Dr Vegapunk

Re: Oils

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:18 am

What would this oil be used for?
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Lefty » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:37 am

Lubrication! xD
Lefty

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:38 am

Lefty wrote:Lubrication! xD

Clearly a +1

DezNutz

Postby William one eye » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:56 am

Whaler.

A whaler Travels port to port fighing npc monster whales. Whales should be worth a substantial ammount of money.
Fleets gain danger during battles with whales. If you the kill a whale the danger is incurred. they then must deliver a captured whale to a list of npc generated port markets for profit. Each market pays a different rate and some may be more dangerous to reach than others. This is indicated when where you are on the screen that selects the delivery port. Danger in market delivery is gained at departure for that market and is added to danger generated while fighting the whale. Fleet is than at risk of being attacked at kill site or destination. Attack on a whaler is 50/ 50 fail sucess. Per attack until the whalers are taken or the danger has been reduced below visibility. If you capture a whaling fleet, you may only get the whale or you may capture the tail whaling ships also. Any remaing fleet danger conveys with the whale and adds to any you incurred attacking the whaler. You are informed of the destination port and must deliver the whale to the originally selected port to get profit from it. This applies at kill site mid journey or at market port.

" congratulations on your kill "
Leftys lubes is willing to purchase one bowhead whale for 5,000,000 gc in the port of St Martins. This offer expires in 7:59:00 hours
William one eye

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:36 pm

Would assume Instant Travel (Turns) and Flying Dutchman would not be allowed on the whaling fleet/ship that has whale?

Would also assume that the whale then generates oil when sold at the port?

Which brings me back to my original question, what gain or benefit comes from oil?

DezNutz

Postby Lil Lola » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:01 pm

??? Lighting??? I would guess for PG lubricant for boat parts?? Boat mechanics?
Lil Lola

Postby Meliva » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:34 pm

well, whaling could be a way to generate food by battle unlike fishing. Another option is killing and selling off a whale will generate a boatload of certain resources.

food from meat, tools from bones, and a chunk of gold from oil and other miscellaneous things.

Plus this could tie in to the mother nature nation, where if you raise hostility too high with mother nature by constant hunting, whales get harder and harder, but more profitable.

edit-just reread things, and realized the suggestion is for a new resource not whaling, ignore my previous ramblings as I am still tired as I have not yet fully woken up :D
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Lil Lola » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:54 pm

DezNutz wrote:Would assume Instant Travel (Turns) and Flying Dutchman would not be allowed on the whaling fleet/ship that has whale?

Would also assume that the whale then generates oil when sold at the port?

Which brings me back to my original question, what gain or benefit comes from oil?

You know you just want to reenact that Burt Reynolds scene from Striptease.
Lil Lola

Postby William one eye » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:59 pm

Meliva wrote:well, whaling could be a way to generate food by battle unlike fishing. Another option is killing and selling off a whale will generate a boatload of certain resources.

food from meat, tools from bones, and a chunk of gold from oil and other miscellaneous things.

Plus this could tie in to the mother nature nation, where if you raise hostility too high with mother nature by constant hunting, whales get harder and harder, but more profitable.

edit-just reread things, and realized the suggestion is for a new resource not whaling, ignore my previous ramblings as I am still tired as I have not yet fully woken up :D

Suggetion was for the reasouce, ship, and activity.

I like the nature hotillity tie in.
Would be cool if npc whales and seamonsters got angery and started attacking.
William one eye

Next

Return to General Discussion