A Suggestion

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

A Suggestion

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:50 am

So as we all know there are a lot of inactive players in Pirates Glory. Most of them started and decided that this wasn't their cup of tea. Others just stopped over time. Now in my mind, it seems like a good idea to implement a way that those accounts are gotten rid of. I realize this isn't as straightforward as it may seem at first blush. But It feels like if every say 1500 days every account that hasn't been active for 2 years is removed. Now those are random numbers that I'm just throwing out and there are probably other things I'm not thinking of so other ideas are appreciated. Or if there are already systems in place.
Gavin

Re: A Suggestion

Postby DezNutz » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:51 pm

This has been done in the past.

A mechanism technically already exists. There are specific requirements beyond inactivity that are and have to be considered.

For example:
Anyone who has bought credits couldn't be removed from teh game.
Anyone who has made an impact in the game (ie has been involved in historical actions, played the game for a bit before going inactive) couldn't be removed.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Lil Lola » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:21 pm

anybody who has an account with credits that has been inactive for 2 years probably don't care about that money or they would have spent it before they left. even if it were through a temper tantrum they can log back on to do something with it.
Lil Lola

Postby The Lamb » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:35 pm

I would also add that anyone who does get dropped, the ships in their marina's or in their inv, get put to the bottom of the ocean to get found and used by players
Remember...
You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin it once!
The Lamb

Postby Captain Jack » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:33 pm

El Draque wrote:I would also add that anyone who does get dropped, the ships in their marina's or in their inv, get put to the bottom of the ocean to get found and used by players

This already happens. However, if you were big enough to have a hideout, the game most probably won't wipe you out.

As Deznutz said, the game already deletes inactives. There are some prerequisites but generally, every account inactive for more than 2 months is a candidate for deletion and credits purchases do not play a role.

It is the impact of the character that plays a role. I have inspected it just now and there is room to make this stricter, which would result in some more deletions but the result wouldn't be enough to even notice.

To give you a perspective based on the current data:
At the moment, there are 13 813 characters. Lets say I change the system and make it strict enough to remove an extra 1000. This would result in deleting some accounts with over 2 years of activity! For which reason?
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby The Lamb » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:45 pm

Fair point!
Remember...
You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin it once!
The Lamb

Return to General Discussion