New players do not join MERC. Hello and Goodbye?

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

Re: New players do not join MERC. Hello and Goodbye?

Postby PFH » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:39 am

Oh quit the yapping no we don’t “force” anything :D
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby sXs » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:46 am

Kando Kanu wrote:Hello, and quite possibly goodbye.

All could be considered helpful advice until I was told all lower ranking members had to send Madhi their voodoo chests.
She was kind enough to point me to the rule and indeed I would have to give her my voodoo card to remain in good standing.

Kanu

" all lower ranking members had to send Madhi their voodoo chests."

"She was kind enough to point me to the rule"

The question posed was is this true?

Does Merc have a posted rule pertaining to this?
sXs

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:49 am

"Pushing is when one or more accounts either through MILKING or through constant aid feed a much stronger account than them. This is prohibited."

nope don't see forced in the description just constant aid feeding a much stronger account is mentioned its very easy to read so bagging beginners cards is bad behavior coonte Image:D :D :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Stan Rogers » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:03 am

This is rich !!!! Trying to make something bad from gifting voodoo gifts.
Its part of the game so get over it.

If you think voodoo card presents should be banished take it up with CJ.
OR
We can all just pretend its a big thing and make stupid hay in the forums for S&G
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby sXs » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:11 am

Stan Rogers wrote:This is rich !!!! Trying to make something bad from gifting voodoo gifts.
Its part of the game so get over it.

If you think voodoo card presents should be banished take it up with CJ.
OR
We can all just pretend its a big thing and make stupid hay in the forums for S&G

Obviously, it was a big enough deal to Kando Kanu that he/she posted this thread as their very first post. Obviously, it was a big enough deal that it threatens new player retention evident by the OP.

But heh, let's let rules violations continue because Stam said this doesn't matter.......after all Stan is much more important than any new player and their opinions.
sXs

Postby Lil Lola » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:18 am

I hope he didn’t quit. I did send him and invite. I do hope he has a change of heart.
Lil Lola

Postby Stan Rogers » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:25 am

And don't you forget it Feniks. You don't like the voodoo presents go cry to CJ.

I see enough snowflakes in the wintertime so listening to a snowflake this early in the season is somewhat depressing.
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby Assur » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:57 am

It wasn't only the new players who send one player voodoos. Every guildmate send their presents to one player. This player in question changes every so often. When a player is lit up, the guild tries to clear that player, without payment as far as I know. And promotions are given when a player asks for one and is seen living up to the requirements set by the guild. I went through this process as well, so I really don't see the issue in it.
A blade is only as sharp as you make it.
Assur

Postby Zephore » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:45 am

Stan Rogers wrote:I'm going to take a stab in the dark and suggest that Kanu had to pay for the clearance of voodoo I cast upon him.
I normally do not cast however, when cast upon, I do bite back.
Nothing too severe for new players learning that voodoo casting lesson.

I did not even ask for the cash back his booty's stole (over 3 mil) so, how else does one pay back the debt to be rid of a few FFJ's ?

Am I getting warm with :hh my little tale ? :hh

That'd surprise me really.
Zephore

Postby Kando Kanu » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:01 am

I do not need to know if it is against the rules or not to create a rule in a guild that does not allow me the full benefit of the gifting mechanic the game is designed for. I know that the math of it is designed to benefit certain players and to do so for long periods of time. One new player complained they had not received a promotion and they had been there several months, so I will utilize that for my math.

Several months, is in my mind, 3 months. So if I gain the promotion (you need more than 1 to be added to the rotation that is not listed in the guild rules but I am using just 1) in 3 months I will have sent 90 voodoo gifts in exchange for 6.
Now I am added to the rotation, but to be fair, I am behind any others who have ranked up before me as well as the other older members and thats lets say 20 people. Madhi has been in that spot 3 weeks according to Caladan so its at least a month.
I am now in a queue and it will be 21 months before I receive this supposed rotational perk. Add the 3 months of waiting for a promotion and thats 2 years.

2 years equals 730 gifts in exchange for 48 (2 a month I rounded down, with 20 people it would be less) gifts if that is not bending the mechanics in favor of the older players I must be blind.
Caladan said it was to benefit the whole group, but 20 players with voodoo partners in two years would bring the guild more cards.
To state otherwise would be foolish.
Caladan told me he has one of the best voodoo chests in the game and Merc is the strongest guild in the game.
He stated he had no problem with giving his gifts up and I tried to explain that with 57 cards the loss has a different impact for me.
I think he understood that but did not care. It is designed to benefit the older players who have history together.

I captured the image of the rules as they were stated and I have the discussion of the buying back of ships captured as well.
Proof that this game treats new players in a manner that is biased and the impact is felt by newer players.

Stan, no one asked for your voodoo to be removed, I would have happily removed my ships from all 12 fleets.
I utilized the voodoo mechanic for the card as it was intended, I read the card twice when I received it 1 minute before seeing you had over 100 million on hand. You utilized the return voodoo as it was intended. If you had demanded your 3 million back you would have been sorely disappointed because I had utilized the mechanics as they were intended. Your response would be utilizing the mechanics of the voodoo you sent as intended. All that I am saying is that the gifting of cards should be utilized as the mechanics intended.
If you don't comprehend that I can understand why this game is under populated.

To those who have written me I am on a schedule and my time is short. I will respond as I can. Those who have sent guild invites, until I decide my future here I will not waste your time.

Mime yori kokoro
Kanu
Kando Kanu

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion