New players do not join MERC. Hello and Goodbye?

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

New players do not join MERC. Hello and Goodbye?

Postby Kando Kanu » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:47 am

Hello, and quite possibly goodbye.

I joined a guild once I received an invite, and things went well for a day or two.
I was told to write someone for cheap credits and build this and build that, do this and do that.
All could be considered helpful advice until I was told all lower ranking members had to send Madhi their voodoo chests.
She was kind enough to point me to the rule and indeed I would have to give her my voodoo card to remain in good standing.
This posed a dilemma for me because in addition to reneging on my current card partner who had only helped me I would only receive a card back once every two weeks.
This sounded a bit one sided and I suddenly felt I was being used or conned because I am new.

So I reached out to Caladen who seemed an OK bloke to chat up and he was the only one showing online at the time.
I expressed the thought that such rules would impede my growth and due to the fact there was no set rotation nor was there
a set time to be promoted (this rule gives cards to higher ranks to be determined by leaders and one member had complained they had been there months with no promotion) this seemed to be and in fact was a pyramid scheme and benefited only the older ranked players.
I set out to explain why I felt that way and at some point I begin to lose trust in his answers I thanked him for his time and for having me and I left.

The conversation however continued and despite my best efforts to see it as anything but bending the game mechanics intended for new players to gain voodoo being harnessed for the gain of older players, I could not.
The mention of mechanics and a one sided deteriorating conversation led to me being told I knew nothing and at my game age he had accomplished this and that and I was clearly inferior.
He told me that if I had a problem with the pyramid scheme I would have a hard time in this game (I took this to mean fleecing new players was normal) and reiterated I did not know the mechanics and they were not being bent in any way.
This led me to asking about something I had read in our chat, so I asked him if the arranged buy between Madhi and senior member The Accountant to purchase his ships he had on the market so he could buy them back from her was bending the mechanics. He replied he was not aware of it.
He asked if I was 12 likened me to a defiant child and I wondered at what point he felt he was my parent but tried to keep the conversation free of off topic discussion that would not address the concerns I was having.

So I post here in hopes to hear from the community at large to see if you agree new players should give up items of value for weeks and months on end to benefit older players as was insinuated or if there is a reason to stay. I do not want to waste my time playing against a stacked deck or a crooked community.

Thank you for your time, Mime yori kokoro
Kanu
Kando Kanu

Re: New players do not join MERC. Hello and Goodbye?

Postby Lil Lola » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:52 am

Yeah **** that!!! Come to Tudor. We don’t abuse players like that.
Lil Lola

Postby Meliva » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:58 am

Voodoo partners is the norm in most of the guilds i've been in, I personally have never been in Merc, and have had little dealings with them, so I can't say much about them as a guild. But if what you say is true, then I do not agree with the practice, though I do not think it breaks any rules- I would need to double check that honestly. Best to just move on to a more like minded guild. Tudor is pretty good. Just don't go to PR it's ran by a crazy old hag :D
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:22 am

most folks here are helpful some may provide loans with interest but they wont outright rob you unless youre on the plunderboard with no treasury lol
im a meany and so is anyone who posted before me :D :D :D
dont judge everyone by the actions of a few
explains a lot though :D :D :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby DezNutz » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:32 am

Kando Kanu wrote:He told me that if I had a problem with the pyramid scheme I would have a hard time in this game (I took this to mean fleecing new players was normal) and reiterated I did not know the mechanics and they were not being bent in any way.
This led me to asking about something I had read in our chat, so I asked him if the arranged buy between Madhi and senior member The Accountant to purchase his ships he had on the market so he could buy them back from her was bending the mechanics. He replied he was not aware of it.

Based on the spelling of Madhi, I assume that kanu is referring to Madiha (Admiral Madiha (#93341)) as there is no one else in MERC with a similar name.

Please tell me this isn't serious?

Arranged sales on the ship market are explicitly against the rules.

https://s2.piratesglory.com/window_help ... t_faq&cl=1

I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby PFH » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:57 am

He’s really upset over sending presents? Jeez
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby Lil Lola » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:03 am

The hypocrisy of it all. Cheating newbs..and then the whole BBC and Madshan fiasco. Man are y’all some scumbags.
Lil Lola

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:07 am

lol just give madshan the credits to buy cards
why rob newbs
problem solved new players don't feel cheated :D :D
or quit :(
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Lil Lola » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:09 am

Exactly
Lil Lola

Postby Stan Rogers » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:27 am

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and suggest that Kanu had to pay for the clearance of voodoo I cast upon him.
I normally do not cast however, when cast upon, I do bite back.
Nothing too severe for new players learning that voodoo casting lesson.

I did not even ask for the cash back his booty's stole (over 3 mil) so, how else does one pay back the debt to be rid of a few FFJ's ?

Am I getting warm with :hh my little tale ? :hh
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Next

Return to General Discussion