Buried Treasure (Treasure Hunt) - Earns Interest

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

Buried Treasure (Treasure Hunt) - Earns Interest

Postby DezNutz » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:00 pm

Just a thought to increase Burying Treasure and Treasure Hunting....

Treasure that you bury collects interest from the game.

To gain interest, the treasure must be buried for X consecutive days.

Interest rate is an Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of X% calculated daily.

Successful treasure hunts prevents interest collection for X days.

Daily Interest Amount = (Buried Treasury at Location * APR) / 365

Thoughts?
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Re: Buried Treasure (Treasure Hunt) - Earns Interest

Postby Argo » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:50 am

:chest Thats probably a good idea. (The numbers themselves mean little to me) but it does make sense .. As it is pretty exy to treasure hunt anyway, the interest would go towards covering the cost of the hunt and the hunter would keep more of the booty as profit..May have to look more into treasure hunting as piracy hasn't paid lately as it used to lol
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby PFH » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:41 pm

Realistically speaking, how does burying gold add more gold to the hole you just dug?

Not big on the idea of this personally
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby ChaIbaud » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:30 pm

Clockwork wrote:Realistically speaking, how does burying gold add more gold to the hole you just dug?

Not big on the idea of this personally

Realistically speaking, how is one able to cast voodoo on another?

This is simply a suggestion to incentivize treasure hunting. Many things in this game are unrealistic so this being your reasoning for downvoting is silly.
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby PFH » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:05 pm

There is history, deep history to the idea of voodoo. You can trace it back to African tribes, and I believe there are references to voodoo in most religious texts.

Where is the history in finding more gold in a hole where you buried less than what you just found?

No where.

I’m for the idea of incentives but free sitting income isn’t the way in my opinion.

Sure you have the risk of treasure hunters

But we don’t need more ways to make gold. There’s already plenty of money makers already.
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby ChaIbaud » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:43 pm

There are references to it but that doesn't mean that it is real, that is is employable by us, etc. Poor reasoning still. The entire game functions on inverse relationships between methods to make gold and take it, this is just another addition to an existing feature that makes it more rewarding, especially for something that requires many turns in. If you don't enjoy the idea of "free sitting income" then I hope you are this critical towards 80% of the player base and how they make their gold. I'm also sure that, when the smarter minds log on to comment, an appropriate interest rate will be decided upon and the compounding gold will be less than lucrative, just a small incentive.
ChaIbaud

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:10 pm

The casting and averting of curses is a fundamental feature in every set of religious beliefs. What else is prayer or worship other than seeking blessings or protections?

The forms of prayer may vary but the intent remains the same. Even amongst the irreligious many still engage in practices to avert 'curses' : avoiding black cats, walking under ladders, turning your hat around to change your luck, just about any form of OCD behaviour qualifies as averting curses. What else is Karma than averting ill-fortune by modifying your own behaviour with the added benefit of improving your own future fortune?

So, I think the concept of voodoo has far more going for it as a 'reality' than the notion that gold begets gold just by being buried.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby ChaIbaud » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Prayer and worship are a lot more than seeking blessings or protection. It isn’t very hard to understand this, but for the sake of the original topic we don’t need to delve into it.

Why does it matter if it has more or less than other unrealistic (no matter if ancient tribes believed in it, you’re not hurting a man that you modeled a doll after by poking and prodding it) ideas/beliefs? This is, after all, a game, and there hasn’t been any decent arguments against it that couldn’t be applied the same to countless other game mechanics.
ChaIbaud

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 pm

There is no difference between crossing you fingers for luck and sticking a pin in a doll which is again no different to kneeling before an altar.

All are intended to channel a desired outcome into an actual one.

That some may seem outlandish to you matters not, they will probably think the same about practices you think blindingly obvious.

The only difference between an athiest and a theist is the number of gods they don't believe in.

But I reckon both would agree that gold does not beget gold when buried in the ground... not unless you are an alchemist...

But that said, there is a way that fits neatly into current game mechanics : enable Pouch of Gold to be cast upon your stash in a particular port or enable the Buried and Hidden Treasure cards to be cast and added in the same way.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Meliva » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:40 am

I mean, if you dig deep enough down, odds are you will find some gold ore sooner or later. Or better yet, just bury something that might appreciate in value in a few decades.

Jokes aside, yeah doesn't make much sense for buried treasure to give interest, when banks don't even do that(yet anyway).

Honestly, the main reasons not many bury gold is all the banks out there. Until you get to that legendary status of having more gold then can fit in the main banks, burying gold is kinda pointless. I mean just look at who's booty keeps getting plundered by treasure hunters like me-Typically it's CDV, BS, or inactives.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Next

Return to General Discussion