Buried Treasure (Treasure Hunt) - Earns Interest

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

Re: Buried Treasure (Treasure Hunt) - Earns Interest

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:58 am

Highly unlikely you will find gold ore... the total amount of gold mined annually, globally it is less than 3000 tonnes, is not that much, thus the high price : its rare. It's also reckoned to hit peak production sometime this century then its going to decline ever more rapidly as known sources are mined out.

The thing about gold is that it is infinitely recycable and an awful lot of what we might think is 'new gold' is old stuff melted down again, so we wont ever not have gold, just an increased demand on what is left previously mined/used.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:53 am

I believe additional technology in hideout - such as leveling up past level 20 Cunning Accountants - would work for banks, with interest generated by the game....
Sir Henry Morgan

Postby DezNutz » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:29 pm

Sir Henry Morgan wrote:I believe additional technology in hideout - such as leveling up past level 20 Cunning Accountants - would work for banks, with interest generated by the game....

I would be against interest in the banks, because banks are safe. Treasure Hunt is susceptible to being stolen.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Gregor Egerton » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:52 pm

The reason banks in the real world produce interest, is because the money that gets deposited there is then invested in the from of bank loans. Some players already offer incentives for depositing money in their banks, although not many. If there was to be an interest system in banks, it should be paid by the player who owns the bank as an incentive to deposit there, as a setting of the bank (like how there is a setting for transfers), and players should not feel a necessity to set it above 0%.

The rational behind interest being generated by buried treasure (to my mind) is that whatever currency or valuable is buried, after a sufficiently long time, will have become more rare or valuable than when it was first buried. As an example: say I buried a gold $20 coin from 1853, that coin is worth $36,000 today, at least in part because gold is worth more today. There is also certainly inflation to consider, but I don't think it accounts for everything. What the exact game mechanic to represent this is, I don't know.

Just my two cents.
-The man without a Zauberer
Gregor Egerton

Postby Quad » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:19 am

This seems reasonable, because burying treasure otherwise seems useless with the amount of storage offered by banks. Perhapsthe usage of certain voodoos giving gold money based on how much buried treasure a person has , will be useful
Quad

Previous

Return to General Discussion