Changelog Discussion

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

Re: Changelog Discussion

Postby Shadowood » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Thank you CJ for sharing your wisdom behind this new update.

Onto the next
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Captain Jack » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:30 am

Code: Select all
1.9.145: Ship Page - Information popup, now lists Current PvP, Current PvE and exact battle speed of the ship you are viewing.

When it comes to PvP, all Galleon class ships, if they have Spanish Galleons Technology, they have different HP in PvP than they have in PvE as Spanish Galleons bonus only applies to PvP combat. More differences might be spotted with Durable Sails and Reinforced Hull which only apply to PvP as well.

This will now be mentioned in the ship overview page in an easy to read and understand way.

Speed is rounded where possible. We mention battle speed as it will not include any effects from voodoo which only effect travel speed.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Shadowood » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:20 pm

CJ,

New Demographics page looks good.

Can we add 2 decimal points to the Gold Bar trading. As this gets more popular and players fleets get into the billions, it would be good to see. Currently it doens't have any decimals.

I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Captain Jack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Done!
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Shadowood » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 pm

CJ, you rock!

Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Captain Jack » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:00 pm

The current "combat rankings" are still at their primitive phase, both in data collection and algorithm performance. This is going to be an ongoing process. We will inform through the changelog whenever we improve the algorithm.

Current rankings have been produced in the last 10 days.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Shadowood » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Captain Jack wrote:The current "combat rankings" are still at their primitive phase, both in data collection and algorithm performance. This is going to be an ongoing process. We will inform through the changelog whenever we improve the algorithm.

Current rankings have been produced in the last 10 days.

Can you give us a brief insight into what goes into these rankings? Attacks, Battles Won, Voodoo Cast, Loans, etc?? Did I miss that post?
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Captain Jack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am

Mostly battles and voodoo right now. There are a few more.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Captain Jack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:50 pm

One player has discovered and reported another way (the second found) to exploit trade routes and bring workers to your plantation from same port. We have verified that none was currently using it (like the last one) and we fixed it.

This time, we also added a new element into the game: The game now knows from which port every ship has picked up the immigrants it currently carries. Not only this, but it will also display this piece of information to you, through ships Cargo screen.

The first rule we scripted into the game, is to prevent workers addition into the plantation when they come from the same port. Hopefully, this means that we are once and forever done in coming across a third similar exploit.

However, it is worth to mention that this element brings a wealth of new options for the game. One of them, is that we can now script manual unload of workers into plantation. This will depend in a)User option (You will need to decide it, default will be to the plantation, as long as a licensed plantation exists there) and b)Workers origin (if they are from the same port, they will be added to the port instead).

Another interesting option, will be to start creating ethnic groups in various ports. We will need to create a discussion topic about it but here is the preliminary idea:

1)Initial nationalities at ports will be divided depending on existing influence.
2)When someone adds population to a port through Build Up port, he will add the population of his own country. If he changes country later though, the population will not change.
3)Players will be able to load target ethnicity groups from every port by paying a fee. The fee they will need to pay will be relevant by the counteroffer set by the nations of these groups.

Initially, population ethnicity will play no role. Once it is up and running swiftly, we will be able to consider what role it could play and possible expansions to the way one can increase/decrease them can be also discussed. That's only a preliminary idea.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Captain Jack » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:20 am

Code: Select all
January 25, 2019
1.9.212: Plantations Daily Installment for rent, will not be paid if the hourly installment is active. The rent payment page displays this mechanism already.

Today we harmonize the initial design with current gameplay. The initial design, required that when Hourly installment is triggered, no daily installment was paid. Zephore today sent me a screenshot where the rent payments page would already list this.

However, the game itself, would still require a daily installment. This is no longer the case with the change above.

Let me give you an example on how the daily installment works:
-It divides your remaining debt with 504. If the result is 10k or greater, it passes and no installment is made. Why? Because this means that an hourly installment is active.

Take note that 24 * 10k = 240k

This means that the maximum daily installment will always be in total less than the total hourly installments. However, hourly installments are easier to handle.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion