Changelog Discussion

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

Re: Changelog Discussion

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 pm

I see this the same as Shadowood, Redish and Vane - it is a boon to guild defense, and a setback for plundering success.

There is no official vacation mode for the game, but it seems it is almost there - this along with guild banking might just about cover it....
Sir Henry Morgan

Postby PFH » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:33 pm

I am with SHM, redish, and Vane. Although i find it very helpful, it does not help the pirates. As this is pirates glory it should be difficult to stop a raid and difficult to conduct a raid. This makes it easy to stop a raid and makes it more difficult to conduct a raid. The traders tug of war wins with this addition a little more slightly.

I believe if anything we should make Guild Battles a larger tab like the size of the Fleets tab in headquarters. It would make it anlittle more mobile friendly honestly. Tapping such small links can be a noisance when having to zoom in for every link
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby William one eye » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Its is fun, to watch my guild mates stealing ships
I now now instantly know when they are raiding amd can jump in on the raid. No effort at all, if i dont know the targets route by memory, i can now just see where my guild mates are hitting and jump in. If I know the routes, i can even hit a port they have not hit yet. Will be real useful to do a planned coordinated raid to drain down gc and get cap fleets.

If you are in an active guild and no one gives you buried treasure, generosity, or and clearing. There is now no excuse. Cant say you did not see it happening. Better be mad at your guild mates for not helping. Either they dont like you, they are to cheap to help or maybe just to lazy or unconcerned. I would actually be more upset with my guildmates that did not help, than the people that attacked me.

This will make it really difficult to capture ships and raid as a individual. It will make small raids less likely to be profitable. It will make hostile native almost useless when hitting a player in an active guild. Even if you have patience someone else may spot fleets popping attack and blow your raid. There is a good possiblity this would lead to mass player coordinated raids to get good net profit after expenses. Leading to more devastating raids.

I really do not think this a good thing. Seems to be a brilliant tool for merchants. However I think it will lead to more aggressive raids, internal guild arguments, and lost freindships, cause you will certainly know who has your back now.

Also screens are starting to get really cluttered.
The tavern is really bad, and now guild page is getting there.
William one eye

Postby sXs » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:49 pm

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Because this is all that matters anyway ...
sXs

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:17 pm

I dont care how it pans out because I will still do what I do.
My thoughts are simple and I will give them.

When I click on tavern i am looking for the tavern. I would prefer to see the tavern discussions first without scrolling through port babble (if its even used)
And the guild battle screen while is a good idea in theory it is redundant as there are alerts to attacks already.
As a lazy man I enjoy the ability to quit clicking in those places I normally do to watch the guild but as a practical man it is too much.
I have heard this is supposed to be a thinking mans game however it is quickly becoming a lazy mans game and I am not sure that is the path you wish to head however if it is then kudos.

I have no rats asses to give just some thoughts rolling in my head. I figured I would share.
In the end the lazier people become the less movement the game sees.
I dont relish your job trying to find the medium but I enjoy mine of playing regardless of how the shift goes. :pirateflag
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby DezNutz » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:37 am

Charles Vane wrote:Im in agreement with Shadowood and Redish. Sure it saves you a few clicks thats the problem. It makes it more convenient and simple for guilds to see whats going on instead of a small amount of research. Those few clicks made many guildies forget or neglect to look in some cases. Now theres no way to miss it. While those couple clicks only make it 15% easier on Those defending, it makes it 80% more difficult to pull off a successful raid.

I think you are all overreacting. It hasn't been out long enough to make a difference or even draw any sort of statistics. This is fear mongering at its finest. Secondly, it isn't really adding anything that didn't already exist, notifications already provided the data. This just provides it when you open the guild discussion page. Saves quite literally 1 additional click. If 1 click is going to completely destroy raiding, then raiding was already f**ked to begin with.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Meliva » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:10 am

DezNutz wrote:
Charles Vane wrote:Im in agreement with Shadowood and Redish. Sure it saves you a few clicks thats the problem. It makes it more convenient and simple for guilds to see whats going on instead of a small amount of research. Those few clicks made many guildies forget or neglect to look in some cases. Now theres no way to miss it. While those couple clicks only make it 15% easier on Those defending, it makes it 80% more difficult to pull off a successful raid.

I think you are all overreacting. It hasn't been out long enough to make a difference or even draw any sort of statistics. This is fear mongering at its finest. Secondly, it isn't really adding anything that didn't already exist, notifications already provided the data. This just provides it when you open the guild discussion page. Saves quite literally 1 additional click. If 1 click is going to completely destroy raiding, then raiding was already f**ked to begin with.

Dez makes a fair point. Let's roll with it for a while, and if really does seem to be destroying raiding then we can undo it.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Charles Vane » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:48 am

I did not say it would destroy raiding. Its just another add on that makes it that much harder.

Sure Dez makes a fair point in that it really only saving one click and for those observant and watchful it wont change anything, but several players neglect to check the guild battles page, may have chat bar off due to mobile etc. This just adds one more layer to overcome for raiders.

Sure I can role with it, just like when turn storage was cut, active enchants was added to guild page, sink chance was reduced based on ship count, but when does the line get drawn?
Charles Vane

Postby DezNutz » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:10 am

Charles Vane wrote:I did not say it would destroy raiding. Its just another add on that makes it that much harder.

Sure Dez makes a fair point in that it really only saving one click and for those observant and watchful it wont change anything, but several players neglect to check the guild battles page, may have chat bar off due to mobile etc. This just adds one more layer to overcome for raiders.

Sure I can role with it, just like when turn storage was cut, active enchants was added to guild page, sink chance was reduced based on ship count, but when does the line get drawn?

I know, I was exaggerating in kind.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Captain Jack » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:38 am

No one asked for this change. This is part of the on-going progress to feed more game info to everyone.
There are more battles taking part than ever before, still most, as most here agreed, do not get to realize it. This needs to change.

I understand that some of you might be wary of losing the veil of darkness but I do not think it will play any decent role. After all, battles are recorded there after the attack has started.

In all fairness, notifications are much more vicious as they create a popup (at some cases, not always, apparently, for mysterious reasons) whereas these battles will be shown only to those actively checking.

Plus, since we do talk about ALREADY publicly available data, it makes no sense to be against this as anyone with some basic scripting knowledge, could have done this already.

Which brings us to the bottom of our base philosophy here which is triggered twice at this update:
-We are against win-while-he-sleeps strategies. We always try to create the game in a way to help people sleep well.
Whoever doubts this philosophy, I will call upon my own game experience as a player, playing similar games (this one included) for nearly 20 years now. It gets old fast to lose what you created because you were offline. Many games in the past, made this the key strategy and such games no longer survive today.

-Areas that provide a bonus to someone through scripting, should be either eliminated or become available to everyone.
Just image the power one has, by creating a script that allows him to see all recent battles. In this sense, we should add this too. We are not yet sure about this though.

So, our next move will probably be a random delay of showing port battles (low though, perhaps around 2-3 minutes). This will affect all public battles, if implemented, including the ones shown at guild page.

Feel free to suggest which strategies are lost by this, that are key enough for us to proceed with the change above. This must be done through PMs as gameplay strategies should not be forced into the development forums (you can still freely share them here or through a guide - I just do not want to force you).
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion