Changelog Discussion

Any game related discussion can take place here. Examples: Discuss about how bad the merchant rates have been lately, how rich you have became by following this specific strategy which now needs to stop etc etc

Changelog Discussion

Postby Captain Jack » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:47 am

Here you can discuss anything regarding the changelog here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6

Example:
*********************************************************************************************************************************************
Code: Select all
[quote="Changelog"]-0.1.1:In-game changelog deprecated and moved to this forum post. (Feb 09, 2011)[/quote]

Great! I prefer the forums! Will this lead to more frequent updates ?

This will produce:
*********************************************************************************************************************************************
Changelog wrote:-0.1.1:In-game changelog deprecated and moved to this forum post. (Feb 09, 2011)

Great! I prefer the forums! Will this lead to more frequent updates ?
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Re: Changelog Discussion

Postby Captain Jack » Sat May 14, 2011 2:48 am

Updated Changelog:

*May 14,2011
-0.3.26:New battle layout active in NPC battles. Soon will be active in PvP battles as well.
-0.3.27:Added numerical format to various numbers across the site.
-0.3.28:Ship gold cost has been increased by 10 times. This as a result also increases upgrade,repair costs and ransom required after a plunder.
-0.3.29:Doubled Officers Cost
-0.3.30:Reduced repair costs: It is now at 1% of ship gold price (It used to be 5%). Still, total repair costs are greater than before due to new ship prices.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Detritus » Sat May 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Increasing the cost of a ship by a factor of 10 isn't particularly fair to those of us who have recently started playing on this world.

This is the type of change that should be made when a new world is started, not half way through an existing world.

How am I to catch up with the leaders now?
Detritus

Postby Captain Jack » Sun May 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Detritus wrote:Increasing the cost of a ship by a factor of 10 isn't particularly fair to those of us who have recently started playing on this world.

This is the type of change that should be made when a new world is started, not half way through an existing world.

How am I to catch up with the leaders now?

Hi Detritus,

You open a very crucial matter for us and all the players in Pirates Glory now, so I will try to explain you our logic behind this.

First of all this is a world (Eternal Glory) that will end in 2020. Since Pirates Glory is right now in version 0.3 (moving to version 0.4 in a few days with the implementation of the voodoo system - hopefully this week!) it is certain that tweaks will continue. We want to reach version 1 within 2011. Once version 1 is reached, future changes will be very very limited.

For your understanding of our plans, here is a SAMPLE list of how developing is currently structured.
0.4 -> Voodoo System -> Voodoo card will be many and we will keep adding them indifinitely based on user suggestions.
0.5 -> More Mission Types + Guild System
0.6 -> Strategy in Fleet Battles (Formation selection, Planning, more...)
0.7 -> Skill points for Pirates (We might install a few limited buildings that may change some things more)
We will decide exact planning mostly based on player suggestions.

With this particular change, we are trying to limit the number of ships owned by players as well as 5 Ship of the Line fleets. The reasons are obvious and we want to put more focus to each ship. Also it is unrealistic to be able to have that many ships. Ship building and ship maintenance must be a hard task. More measurements will be needed towards this direction and we are open to suggestions.

It is important for us to get decent feedback and game suggestions so we can constantly improve the game. I am unaware of how much time you play but I can reassure you that regardless of this change, the closure of gap from the leaders is still a realistic scenario even for someone that starts now. In a few days, it will not only seem realistic but a rather simple scenario for skilled players.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Captain dungeness » Mon May 16, 2011 6:16 am

Oh, I see where it is written in the changelog now... I was confused why everything was suddenly so expensive.

10x seems pretty extreme since many players have many Ships of the Line that are each worth 17 million now. I'm unlucky I had relatively few before this change.

Detritus, I'm betting the voodoo system will open up some opportunity to advance quickly. I found out on server 1 it just takes a few victories against rich players to jumpstart your trade fleet.

Haha, Captain Jack, your last sentence sounds scary for the leaders. : ) I'm excited to see the voodoo.
Captain dungeness

Postby Captain Jack » Mon May 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Captain dungeness wrote:Oh, I see where it is written in the changelog now... I was confused why everything was suddenly so expensive.

10x seems pretty extreme since many players have many Ships of the Line that are each worth 17 million now. I'm unlucky I had relatively few before this change.

Detritus, I'm betting the voodoo system will open up some opportunity to advance quickly. I found out on server 1 it just takes a few victories against rich players to jumpstart your trade fleet.

Haha, Captain Jack, your last sentence sounds scary for the leaders. : ) I'm excited to see the voodoo.

It is somewhat extreme, agreed. But better now than later as we are noticing a steady increase in the active playerbase lately.
The voodoo will be an oasis for the game we hope.
We would hope that more people will participate in game design discussion as we are very interested in your approach in order to further improve the game.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Detritus » Mon May 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi Captain Jack

Thanks for taking the time to come and answer my question. That's definitely an improvement over most of the game operators in other games I play.

I hadn't realised that this world would go on for so long. I played on the last world and it only lasted about a year so I expected this one to be the same. If we have another 9 years I expect to be able to catch the leaders anyway. :mrgreen:
Detritus

Postby Captain Jack » Mon May 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Detritus wrote:Hi Captain Jack

Thanks for taking the time to come and answer my question. That's definitely an improvement over most of the game operators in other games I play.

I hadn't realised that this world would go on for so long. I played on the last world and it only lasted about a year so I expected this one to be the same. If we have another 9 years I expect to be able to catch the leaders anyway. :mrgreen:

Thank you Detritus.

When this world reaches a good state of development (voodoo, guild system, missions, etc) we will re-open the World 1 which is now called Deathmatch. Deathmatch will last 180 days and will keep running in small intervals there after. Right now we use it as a Beta Server to test new implementations.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Detritus » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:07 am

It is still taking me 1 day to build 1 ship, and I'm still building my trade fleet of galleons. As the price of captains increases with each one I hire and I only have 59 it will take me almost 2 years to catch up with the leader who has 583 ships, and that is if he doesn't build any more.

I'm afraid I can't see how I can reach number 1 on the leader board. It's a shame as I enjoyed this game the last time around and finished in 2nd place (it was a close run thing for 1st).

I'm really disappointed that this game has followed the same tack as so many others I have played where the first to start are given such an advantage by changes to the system. :(
Detritus

Postby Captain dungeness » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:10 am

Detritus,
I agree the current pricing is benefitting the players who already had larger fleets. But, I don't know how Backstabb3r got over 500 ships. I am at 262 and am getting new ones every few days.

I think you have a shot at making it to the top because of what happened on the last server. I started playing in September, only about 4 months before it ended. I got lucky a few times with plundering and got enough for a raiding fleet and an ok trading fleet. At that point I was still far from the leaders in both fame and gold/ships. Somehow I got super lucky and found out Fortune's ENTIRE trade fleet network at Kanoni had reached danger level 3 and there were at least 10 fleets available for plunder. Since he was at the top of the fame list it only took a few plunders to get a ton of fame and gold. I wasn't able to plunder all on them since I had built a ship of the line earlier that day and ran out of turns. That's what really helped me get high up on the fame list on Server 1 but like you said it was close at the end since I didn't quite have the trade fleet you did. I think if it had ended another week later you might have passed me.

Anyway, all that to say I think the voodoo system will give people the opportunity to catch the right fleets. I'm mostly worried the ships of the line are too expensive and the bigger players will be the only ones with full warfleets.

Maybe hang on until the voodoo starts...
Any update on when it will happen Captain Jack?
Captain dungeness

Next

Return to General Discussion