Mustache's Wishlist

Here you can post your own wishlist and comment on the lists of other players. One topic per player.

Re: Mustache's Wishlist

Postby Argo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 pm

Probably...lol...and I prob lashed out a little as I had just found my chooks all over the yard from damn foxes again...bah!
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby Meliva » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:36 am

Lord Mustache wrote:7. Removal of the option to buy credits with real money. This game should not be buy-to-win. There is the option for you to earn credits manually, but it does not pay off very well. Players should not be divided by class. They should be divided by skill level and experience.

Some of your points I agree with, some I don't care, but this one I definitely have an issue with. Ask any veteran player if they think you can "pay to win" in this game, and I'm confident most if not all will tell you no. Skill and knowledge go a lot further then ships and voodoo here. We've had folks before who dropped a lot of money and did a lot, but even they were not able to just dominate anyone and everyone.

Buying creds is one of the ways the devs here make money, with which they can further make this game. Removing that option would be removing a good chunk of their revenue. Which could lead to things like tons of ads, payed subscriptions or other nasty things to make up for it. I'm sure no one wants any of that.

I highly recommend you take my advice and ask around, or maybe make a post asking the community as a whole if they think you can "pay to win" here. Again, most will say that while it can give an advantage, it can't win you the game.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Haron » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:04 am

I wholeheartedly agree with Mel on this. I encourage everyone to buy credits. Yes, I understand the "we shouldn't pay to get advantages" thought. But you SHOULD pay to support a game you enjoy. If you still play this game a month or two after you started, and enjoy doing so, I encourage you to buy credits to support the game. The devs deserve to make a living. And more support means it's more likely that the game stays alive, and that new stuff gets added to it.

What you should NOT do, however, is start out by buying credits and then spend those like crazy buying big ships. That way you'll end up losing a lot, and maybe get disheartened.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Previous

Return to Wishlists