Captain Jack Teach's Wishlist

Here you can post your own wishlist and comment on the lists of other players. One topic per player.

Re: Captain Jack Teach's Wishlist

Postby DezNutz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:37 pm

I think you are missing my point. A player is only remembered if another chooses to remember them. Time is not a factor. The only factor is that a point worth remembering about the player exists. That point can occur anytime from very quickly or some time down the road for others to notice (which makes time irrelevant). What matters is the action, whether it be in game, the forums, or both. Players aren't remembered for just playing the game, they are remembered for what they did, bounties, wars, ports, piracy, activity in the forums (suggestions and what not), etc.

As for the new players, I don't expect them to know everyone, but how they know is by veterans passing down information. Someone remembered something and deemed it worthy to pass down knowledge of their actions to the next generation of players. Their actions are remembered along with their names. Remembering a name is meaningless if you have nothing to say about them.

Here lies Joe Shmoe. I don't remember anything about him or anything he did.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Meliva » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Dez makes a good point. If a new player hears about an old player from someone other then said player then clearly they did something that someone felt was worth talking about later. I never talk about bigtea, or bring him up because while he did make an impact, I don't really think it worth talking about. Though that's just me.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Sebena » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:52 pm

Exactly they are rememberd for their actions whom are worth of mentioning. Bigtea is not one of those players. What I can say to new player there was a player named bigtea he dumped huge ammount of the cash and then leave the game. For one to be rememberd he need to do actions worth of remembering and for those actions to be worth of remembering needs time. Yes it can be fasten with dumping cash in the game but still you need time to do them. Now it is easier than ever to fasten it with cash I dump 1-2K dollars in credits then I buy voodoo and rest I sell on credit exchange and I can do almost everything as long as I have turns. While before you needed to work to have foundation for this type of play. So no matter how you look at it it takes time to become famouse and worth of remembering and Bigtea is not one of those. This is my opinion people might agree or disagree with it but he is bad example in my book
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby Haron » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Me, I remember BigTea with respect. He was much more than many people think. He had several good ideas. And he spent less money than many think. Oh, and I see people spending money on the game as a GOOD thing, but the way. Lets the admin eat :-)
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Meliva » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Haron wrote:Me, I remember BigTea with respect. He was much more than many people think. He had several good ideas. And he spent less money than many think. Oh, and I see people spending money on the game as a GOOD thing, but the way. Lets the admin eat :-)

He did have some good ideas, while I respect people who spend money on this game, I also envy them a bit-I'm flat broke and prefer to spend money on other things then a game I can play for free, and therefore many players grow faster then me by using money. Irritates me, but it keeps the game alive, and this game is a thousand times better then most "free" to play games with money options. at least here I can compete, in many other games broke people like me don't last long or have much of a chance.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Admiral Nelson » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 pm

Haron wrote:Me, I remember BigTea with respect. He was much more than many people think. He had several good ideas. And he spent less money than many think. Oh, and I see people spending money on the game as a GOOD thing, but the way. Lets the admin eat :-)

A pot noodle a day... Keeps the bugs away... :D

Got to consider though the cost of this server. (I think the server is a dedicated one, and if you look at A2's Hosting prices they would need at least one '1600 Credit' purchase per month to keep it going and that is for the basic dedicated hosting The 'Top of the line' server they would need three 1600 Credit purchases a month (On Average). I could be wrong and probably am.

Either that or they could use 'Mining Software' that uses the users CPU, but thats edgy as... :) :)
Admiral Nelson

Postby Sebena » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:11 pm

I am not aggainst people spending money in fact I did spend some money aswell since I enjoy in the game I can afford to spend little bit.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Previous

Return to Wishlists