Haron's wishlist: Song of the Mercenary

Here you can post your own wishlist and comment on the lists of other players. One topic per player.

Haron's wishlist: Song of the Mercenary

Postby Haron » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:53 pm

My desire is an increased incentive for action all around Avonmora. That is the basis for this wishlist.

1: External Political Events: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2591&p=42793&hilit=external+political#p42793
This is basically an idea to "force" situations like war upon nations. Why, you ask? Because peace is too lucrative. Even if we give them the means to do so, nations will hardly ever go to war, because peace is too profitable. This suggestion is a way to remedy that.

2: Enhanced Supply and Demand: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2900&hilit=enhanced+supply
This is a suggestion to make prices much more dependent on trade volume. The intention is to cause more competition among traders. Today, the income of one trader is more or less independent of the actions of other traders. This suggestion will make others who trade in the same port as you, a competitor. This will make trade more sophisticated - and, I believe, more fun. It will also give incentive for actions, be it battles, blockades or other things.

3: Improved Trade Tax: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3945&hilit=blockades
I believe that holding a port should be more lucrative than it is today, to make it more worthwhile to fight for port control. I also believe that ports with lots of trade should be more "valuable" to hold than others, so that a nation will want as much trade as possible to their ports. This will also tie nicely with blockades, although I believe it would be a good idea even without blockades implemented.

4: Port Blockades: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3925&hilit=blockades
This gives us more ways to fight, although we also need more reasons. It is very different from my own old suggestion "Wars and Blockades", but I think the suggested mechanism could be quite interesting.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Re: Haron's wishlist: Song of the Mercenary

Postby Haron » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:53 pm

Reserved
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Re: Haron's wishlist: Song of the Mercenary

Postby Haron » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:54 pm

Reserved (actually quite shy).