Aggressive Voodoo List

Through this thread, players can help game development

Re: Aggressive Voodoo List

Postby sXs » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Cutpurse wrote:
Shadowood wrote:
Cutpurse wrote:i dont think this is same hostility that current one, where king and citizen both become pirates after 75 hostility. king with 1k hostility limit would be allowed quite few attacks on his countrymen :)

also, casting urban legend on player and targetting nation which with the players nation is allied with, would lead to deportation of player who urbans were cast on. i dont think voodoo should be able to deport anyone

You can't cast URBAN on that persons current nation.

lets assume you were king of spain, and that spain was allied with usa, for example. i would cast urban on you, and choose usa as target nation to gain hostility. you would after x casts lose citizenship due to increased hostility towards allied nation.

Depends on the Mechanics. If the mechanics are based solely on cards you yourself cast then no you would not.

But i do see you way of thinking here.
sXs

Postby Shadowood » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Cutpurse wrote:lets assume you were king of spain, and that spain was allied with usa, for example. i would cast urban on you, and choose usa as target nation to gain hostility. you would after x casts lose citizenship due to increased hostility towards allied nation.

Ok, I think you might be a bit confused. I can not cast URBAN on you for your own Country to make you deport from Spain. (i just tried to show an example and this is what shows up)

I dont know why we are discussing this as this is NOT on the list of VOODOO that is hostile.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Captain Jack » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:19 pm

No, hostility towards allied nation plays no role.
Remember, laws are for own nation and own subjects only. If you are a Spaniard, the laws of USA do not affect you, at all.

If you are attacking a nation that has the law, it plays no role at all. Only what your own nation has legislated matters. If you are a pirate, you are under no law.

If a nation does not use the law, standard remains (current 10 Hostility Points per attack).
The hostility you gain with OTHER nations, will always be the same as now (10 HP per attack).

However, if your nation has a law, then you will get an EXTRA penalty with your CURRENT nation. This has been roughly introduced here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1797

Obviously, this law is part of the Nation Diplomacy Version 1.0 which will take the game version to 1.9
Game Version 1.8 has been HUGE! ENORMOUS! GIGANTIC! TITANIC!
Our true objective is version 2.0 and Plantations. Therefore 1.9 will mainly have all the required elements for Plantations.

As for questions:
Minimum is 75, maximum 1000 (for loss of citizenship).
Minimum is 0, maximum is 20 (per attack)

Call Leviathan has been added.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Shadowood » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks Cj
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Captain Jack » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:22 pm

Here is an example.

Spain is using the law 5 Hostility Points penalty per card when using offensive voodoo on Allied countries.
Spain is allied with Mexico.

Let's assume that I am a Mexican and I start throwing voodoo to Lodswe; Nothing happens.

A spanish throwing voodoo to a Mexican: 5 Hostility points with Spain per card. This means that if the limit is 75, 15 cards later, Spain will outcast its citizen from the Spanish citizenship for attacking an allied state.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby sXs » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:26 pm

CJ, will there be some game mechanic other than just the passage of time that will reduce your hostility through this?

If not, I have an idea.
sXs

Postby DezNutz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:54 pm

I'm assuming that this is relation to Nation Diplomacy.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Dejanira » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Hum... just a though.
Attacking NPC do count or not?
Coz having to skip all NPC of your own Nation means a big turn cost. CJ maybe NPC could count only half the penalty? Or no penalty at all?
Stay tuned on Radio Image Bermuda!
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Postby Dejanira » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Aargh, rpg wording! :D

Here: http://s2.piratesglory.com/index.php?pa ... e=overview
Instead than "Your character is able to cast voodoo curses" I would prefer "You are able to cast voodoo curses"

I don't have a character (character makes me think at a mage elf or a human rogue etc. :P )
I love those kind of games too, but I think at PG not as a rpg :)

^_^
Stay tuned on Radio Image Bermuda!
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Postby Maha » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Dejanira wrote:Aargh, rpg wording! :D

Here: http://s2.piratesglory.com/index.php?pa ... e=overview
Instead than "Your character is able to cast voodoo curses" I would prefer "You are able to cast voodoo curses"

I don't have a character (character makes me think at a mage elf or a human rogue etc. :P )
I love those kind of games too, but I think at PG not as a rpg :)

^_^
you're quite a character!
Maha

PreviousNext

Return to Development