Voodoo Team Project

Through this thread, players can help game development

Re: Voodoo Team Project

Postby Shadowood » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:58 pm

This should not all fall on you CD. How can we help. It looks like we need to bump each voodoo card topic with our vote (-1,+1) and discuss why. Since we have links on all suggestions on the Google doc that should be easy enough. The tavern is about to get a little busy. I suggest we start with the disapproved suggestions so the potentials don't get buried.

CJ. I feel the team was hesitant to bump so many topics at once. You were right on the volume of voodoo suggestions out there and I see why you wanted help. I misunderstood you and apologize. I thought we could mass disapprove the bad suggestions and then only bump/discuss the good (which is about 10-15% of total). We will fix this model straight away and vote publicly with a reason.
Last edited by Shadowood on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Captain dungeness » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:14 pm

If certain (obviously bad) suggestions have already received the community's -1 votes, are we free to disapprove them? There are many suggestions that have zero positive posts and all negative posts which would slow us down considerably if we bump them all. I'm just looking at the incredible amount of work our team has to do with encouraging and collecting ideas on all the potentially good topics.

-Captain D
Last edited by Captain dungeness on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain dungeness

Postby Donald Trump » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:15 pm

The thing is that people are told it is accepted. It is originally a public idea. And they still don't put their thoughts on it. So where do we go from there?
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Postby Captain Jack » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:11 pm

I know that the bumping can be so massive that it will become a nuisance. Back in the summer, I worked through many suggestions at once, in one day and I realized that this is not working well.

First I want to say this; I have spent a great deal of time analyzing each one of you. The team composition is not random. Your playing styles and your approach have been taken into account.

I am very happy with Cpt Dungeness contributions so far and I can see that I am amazed. I just want some things to work differently. They must work differently in order to work out eventually. Trust me, I have been doing this for a long time now and I know the common pitfalls. I am also aware of how development works and this is why you need to trust me on this.

So, on your questions:

For disapproving, use common sense. Disapprove rubbish ideas right away. However, for ideas that have attracted a lot of +1 or posts, bump it. The people who supported it need to know why this is disapproved.

Do not rely on the number of +1. Only consider what the many players want. Game development is not a popularity contest. The many know better but the many are not participating at the forums and they are generally not in position to decide in most of the details.

This is why you need arguments. Approval/Disapproval without arguments are mostly helpful in deciding priority but this is not something to troubleshoot.

Since we have a large volume to be worked in short time, you are mostly on your own here. I will be only reading the Approved ones. I will only check the disapproved suggestions once you are over. Just a quick pass though, mostly to upograde my awareness.

Finally, remember your playing style. Always keep in mind YOUR playing style. As far as:
-The idea makes you more interested to play the game
-Engages you more
-Creates a better simulation for you
-Will potentially keep you around
-Will make you more probable to suggest this game to your friends

Then, even if this is against your interests in-game, you should support it.

Do not try to guess everything. Just avoid common pitfall and whatever would break the game.
A common pitfall is to target a scarcely used action only to make it worse. For example, the embezzlement voodoo card, if you implement it now, like PhoenixKnight said, it will simply push countries to stop using it. No one can really stop them from doing this and we will all end up with a useless card.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Haron » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:49 pm

I find it difficult, and possibly also unneccessary, to discuss the suggested Legendary Voodoo cards without a clearer understanding of exactly what the Witch Hut is going to be. I thought I had a reasonably good understanding of this, but it has become clear that there are about as many opinions about this as there are players in the game. I think we need a decision on exactly how the Witch Hut will work before we proceed. Or perhaps it is better to postpone the Hut until a later date.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Captain dungeness » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:14 am

I'd love to hear more about how the Witch Hut will be. I don't like the idea of delaying the feature but I expect there will be many things to test and tweak before it gets released.
-Captain D
Captain dungeness

Postby Captain dungeness » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:20 am

Voodoo Suggestion team:
Let's get some opinions on these topics (both your opinions and the public's opinions):

Kidnap

Dogs of War (I think it needs a new name)

Natural Disaster (needs a new name)

Master Haggler

Siren's Call

Triton's Wrath

Legendary Super Cards

Ability Modifier Legendary Cards
Captain dungeness

Postby Captain dungeness » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:06 am

Hello Voodoo Suggestions team, I have restarted discussions on the legendary voodoo suggestions here: Legendary Voodoo: Suggestions to discuss this week

Please help guide the discussion on-topic and be constructive. Most of us team members have voiced our opinion on these 4 topics but we need more public input since it is usually the same 10 people posting in the voodoo suggestion forums.

Please feel free to post in your guild's shoutbox:
Code: Select all
[color=#ff60ec]Feedback requested in the forums on Voodoo Curse Suggestions![/color] Please give your feedback: [forum]/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3236&p=49946#p49946[/forum]

Which looks like this:
Feedback requested in the forums on Voodoo Curse Suggestions! Please give your feedback:/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3236&p=49946#p49946

Thank you,
Captain D
Captain dungeness

Previous

Return to Development