Hideout Building: Witch Hut

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Hideout Building: Witch Hut

Postby Grimrock Litless » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:37 am

Bumpisgood, Iseedeadbumps, whoisyourbump, thereisnobump, whenyourealizethesearecheatcodesforagame.

Oh wait, I am allowed to bump this right?
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Shadowood » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:03 pm

You are but it is kind of a dead topic right now. Other updates need to take priority. (Ship specialization, nation diplomacy, port buildings).
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Bmw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Shadowood wrote:You are but it is kind of a dead topic right now. Other updates need to take priority. (Ship specialization, nation diplomacy, port buildings).

I have to agree.
Bmw

Postby qpWiseManBellamyqp » Tue May 30, 2017 7:56 pm

maybe these ideas could start with guild specific',(all donations to guild mean donations )
meaning transfer the hideout option into guilds like for like with a few alterations like the marina you could loan donated boats to players ...
these could be for 14day periods otherwise they get returned to guild marina.
all the rest can have the same effect along with the addition of witch hut for donating voodoo to make guild practiced voodoo example 20 iron golems would give 500 each of the resources require for new players.. along with generosity but this may only be used once for any player.
gold smiths use gold for upgrades only (can convert on hidden black market for very poor returns).
education, workshop, mansion to stay the same or maybe even go upto lvl 30-40.(maybe even 100)
bank would only be used to help out other guilds ie: loans to guilds not player.
and all of these would cost at least 3-7 times as much as it does for players ...
donating to guild means your helping the guild not just yourself?
simply what if Dr ??? ... just like marmite.
;)
qpWiseManBellamyqp

Postby DezNutz » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:54 pm

Bumping for discussion renewal.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Haron » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:26 pm

I already made some posts about this back when, and rereading them, I still think I prefer something similar to the variant I proposed.

However, even if it was consensus about that (which it is not - there are several suggestions out there, and many of them could work nicely), the devil is in the details. We did a fair bit of work going through a lot of voodoo suggestions too. Discussing them and sorting them. I still have access to the excel sheet from that time. Whatever the witch hut will be, I think we all agree it will have the ability to craft legendary voodoo cards. And so what is maybe more important than the details about how the witch hut should work, is what legendary cards should be included, and what it should cost to craft them. There are many suggestions, and the set that ultimately is decided on will change the game in one way or another.

I have been away for a while, so it may already have been decided which cards are to be included and which are not, but I don't think that is the case. And so I think deciding this should be the starting point. How do we decide how the witch hut should create legendary cards, without knowing what those legendary cards will be capable of doing?

It's a bit similar with the Flagship. I think a really great concept for XP for the Flagship was presented. However, the boosts one could select was not really great for pirates, and in the end, it is what one can achieve with the Flagship that is most important, more important than how one can achieve those boosts.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Shadowood » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:14 am

After going back through, I think I have to agree with Malachi. In the hut you should be able to "craft" all levels of voodoo.

Given the cost to level the hut up to 20, to unlock some top tier voodoo, I think it only fair that the first 5 levels or so can be able to craft some common/uncommon voodoo. Levels 6-10 can craft uncommon/rare. Levels 11-20 can craft legendary.

This solves the issue of having TO MANY op cards in the game but also allows those who only want to dabble a little in the hut to do so and a reasonable investment.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby DezNutz » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:54 pm

Shadowood wrote:After going back through, I think I have to agree with Malachi. In the hut you should be able to "craft" all levels of voodoo.

Given the cost to level the hut up to 20, to unlock some top tier voodoo, I think it only fair that the first 5 levels or so can be able to craft some common/uncommon voodoo. Levels 6-10 can craft uncommon/rare. Levels 11-20 can craft legendary.

This solves the issue of having TO MANY op cards in the game but also allows those who only want to dabble a little in the hut to do so and a reasonable investment.

I'm not so sure about the ability to craft all levels of voodoo with the Witch Hut.

The biggest drawback to the idea is determining the recipe to craft them. There are 90 existing voodoo cards across common, uncommon, and rare. A recipe would have to be drawn out for each one of them. I just don't see that coming about.

DezNutz

Postby Haron » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:00 pm

I agree with Deznutz. I think only Legendary cards should be possible to craft.

Does the Witch Hut really need to have 20 levels? I think the real price to pay should be in the crafting, not in the building of the Witch Hut. No reason to make it like the gold smith, which is pointless until you reach around level 15. Allowing one recipe per level makes it useful already at level 1, but much more flexible at higher levels. Or you can try cooperation with others who have other recepies.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby DezNutz » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:46 pm

I'm more inclined to this for the Witch Hut:

- Level 1 Only
- Requires Mansion to be constructed but does not use any Hideout Space (Alleviates the need to have Mansions Expanded, but comes so at extra cost to build)
- Building Cost: 20k Wood, 20k Iron, 5k Tools, 20k Gold Bar, 150 Credits, 14 days (Debatable)
- Crafts only Legendary Voodoo.
- Can only craft recipes that you have learned.
- Can only learn (25% or 30%) of total available Legendary Recipes (rounded down)
- Each Recipe has a Learning Cost (150 Credits & 1000 GBs) and Time (10 days) (Cost & Time are debatable)
- Recipes can be Forgotten, but costs cannot be recovered.
- Forgotten recipes can be relearned at cost.
- Every time a recipe is Forgotten, it adds 5% to the base learning time for all recipes.
- Every Academy Level reduces recipe learning time by 2%.
- Can only Craft 1 Card at a time.
- Research and crafting can be done simultaneously.
- Research time can be hastened by turns.
- Crafting time cannot be hastened.
- Resources allocated for crafting are consumed instantly.
- Legendary Cards once crafted can be sold on the Card Market with a maximum starting price of 1 credit. (I like this idea from CJ that we used on Flagships, makes bidding actually competitive.)
- Legendary Cards are immune to Thieving Magpie. (Requires a Legendary version of Thieving Magpie to be stolen)

DezNutz

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions