Hideout Building: Witch Hut

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Hideout Building: Witch Hut

Postby Captain Jack » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:48 pm

Witch hut will be a building that players will be able to to build in their hideout.

Basic Design
-20 Levels
-Each level unlocks 1 recipe slot (maximum a total of 20 slots per player)
-A total of 25-30 recipes will exist in version 1.0

-Each recipe will produce a brand new Legendary voodoo card (pre-designed) but will require as "ingredients" other vooodoo cards (existing or witch-crafted) and/or more (like gold coins/resources)

Example:
Recipe: Golden Chains

Resulting Card:
Name: Golden Chains
Rarity: Legendary
Type: Enchantment, Duration 30 days, Costs 3 turns
Description: Target player cannot attack you in anyway (voodoo/fleets)
Protection from Purify/Serenity

Required Ingredients:
-30 Chains of Justice
-1 Mindbar
-2 Countercurse
-2 Purifies
-2 Serenity
-2 Terrorize

Crafting Duration base cost: 48 hours

Or a simpler one:

Spiritual Dome
Duration 7 days, Target Player has a 90% chance to block any incoming voodoo curses

Ingredients:
-1 Mindbar
-3 Urban Legends
-2 Self Sacrifice

Crafting Duration base cost: 48 hours

Other Info

-Each level will cost mainly Gold Bars.
-Each level will increase crafting speed (by 2.5% perhaps).
-Recipes will be unlocked by levels but they will need to be purchased. Credits and Gold coins will be required for the purchase. Price will be different for each recipe.
-We can also add a level requirement for every recipe. Some super cards will only unlock at level 18 or 20 for example.
-Players will get to choose which recipe to purchase for their every slot.
-Crafted Voodoos will be tradeable just like all other voodoo.
-In general, crafted vooodo curses will be like other curses but with many special traits (ie, some might have protections, like Protection from Thieving Magpie)

Developer notes
This is the main way we can implement a special chapter of unique voodoo.
Voodoo that will be so powerful that they will be regarded as weapons of mass destruction or total defense (or even vengeance).
The fact that these cards will be tradeable, will give a boost to the market. Such cards will probably enter 7-day auctions in order to attract the maximum attention possible for even better pricing.

Expected effects
-Owners will need to pay a hefty price to build such huts.
-Owners will be rewarded with access to such cards.
-Other rewards for them will be the ability to sell them for credits.
-It will give value to some cards that currently command a low price in comparison to their rarity.
-The voodoo market activity will rise.
-Goldsmiths production will increase to cover yet another building.
-Yet another building to use as a gold coins sink (About 20.5Billions are in existence but not in use as we speak)
-In-depth strategic and interesting role for those that choose to run a Witch Hut

Pre - Requirements before Release
-We need currency exchanger (credits-gold coins) to be implemented before this in order to help the credits availability to everyone.
-We need to predesign at least 20 such Legendary cards. This is going to be tough as not only effects are required, but also the card "ingredients". Which btw can be anything but mainly voodoo cards.

Right now, we cannot afford design time for the cards. If you (the playerbase) can come up with good , solid ideas, then we can get this done in little time.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Re: Hideout Building: Witch Hut

Postby Edward_Teach » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:51 pm

This sounds awesome! It would be interesting!
"Those who stand for nothing,
Fall for anything"
-Alexander Hamilton
Edward_Teach

Postby Roileon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:54 am

So is the ability to buy voodoo packs something that the witch hut will still do?
"Dead Mod tell no tales"

Afk, looking for that palm tree island beach of Legends.
Roileon

Postby Captncrunch » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:52 am

Sounds good mostly, but unsure if trading enchanted cards is a good idea: it could create a big step-change in the value of cards on the card market.
Captncrunch

Postby Captain Jack » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Update first topic with our latest design ideas on the initial plan.

This is not a priority feature but can be implemented if we get feedback on card ideas on the majority.
If not, then it will be done much later.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Sebena » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:11 pm

this looks like good idea and I wouldn't hurry with implementation because if it will produce weapons of mass destruction or weapons of mass defense it should have awesome cards I like idea of gold chains etc. it will take some time to think of some great recipies
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby Warrior » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:48 am

I like this and the exchanger (gold-credits). +1
Want to trade ships or voodoo cards or whatever, just contact me in-game.
Warrior

Postby Stan Rogers » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:13 am

I think it is an interesting idea worth exploring however, I am not too quick to jump on the bandwagon until I consider if it will tip even further the advantage to those with large sums of credits on hand.

Of course if the pre-made recipe's are mixed properly, and there are not curses available to only the rich due to credit or gb/gc cost, I could be persuaded to endorse such an expansion.

Of course, the custom curses must have balance in and unto themselves where it almost goes without saying that if you can purchase a curse that sinks ships outright, you need a counter that makes ships unsinkable and that counter should be available for free. At least in limited quantities.

Perhaps a good place to start looking for curses would be the approved new voodoo curse list found elsewhere in the forum
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby Warrior » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:29 am

I think these recipes should be discovered and not given by the game. The game should give some clues to make it or something like that... That'll make it more interesting.
Want to trade ships or voodoo cards or whatever, just contact me in-game.
Warrior

Postby Stan Rogers » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Aye Warrior, tis true that would be most fun. When I see some of the curses proposed in forums, especially the disapproved ones, it kinda scares me.
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Next

Return to Suggestions