Hideout Building: Witch Hut

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Hideout Building: Witch Hut

Postby Shadowood » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:38 pm

I agree we need to nail down some cost of the hut

* How much will each level of upgrade cost for the witch hut
* How much will each recipe cost
* Will recipes cost the same or different based on perceived power

If there are no tiers then I think the recipe cost should be the same or maybe a small percentage increase per card you buy. The reason for this is the cost should be in the ingredients to make the card, NOT BOTH.

The above information I feel is needed so one can value what each card is worth a bit better.

While I don't know what price Haron thinks "Very High" and "Astronomical" are, I do know we will work toward "fairly" priced legendary cards that make sense for the power it holds.

-Also I would like to mention again, ingredients can be anything in the game not just cards, even though cards will make up the bulk of most recipes. (Resources, gold, bars, credits, ships, your wife, fame, influence, hostility, etc)
-Crafting time is also a large part of each card (I feel like one should not be able to use turns to speed). By not speeding this will limit what is in the game and in turn, in my mind, raise the price on market but also lower the cost to craft.

Just my two cents for now. I'm sure more later
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Donald Trump » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:45 pm

I believe there needs to be edits. And just because Gems are not in the original idea does not mean they earn no place in the creation. I will make a gem suggestion soon on this.

One that strays from this fear of it becoming another version of Gold Bars. I want this to be only for voodoo.
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Postby Grimrock Litless » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:49 pm

DoS wrote:I believe there needs to be edits. And just because Gems are not in the original idea does not mean they earn no place in the creation. I will make a gem suggestion soon on this.

One that strays from this fear of it becoming another version of Gold Bars. I want this to be only for voodoo.

Do that.
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Haron » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:56 pm

DoS wrote:I believe there needs to be edits. And just because Gems are not in the original idea does not mean they earn no place in the creation. I will make a gem suggestion soon on this.

That suggestion already exists, Diogenes...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2114&hilit=gems&start=30
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Donald Trump » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:00 pm

I have a few ideas that stray from your ideas. I don't want anyway for them to be traded or sold. That way it stays out of the hands of those who don't work.
Donald Trump

Postby Grimrock Litless » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:16 pm

DoS wrote:That way it stays out of the hands of those who don't work.

*smirk*

OH, he said it, he said it!
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Grimrock Litless » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:32 pm

So, what happened to everyone doing suggestions, at this rate, there will never be more than 20 legendary voodoo for the witch hut for show.
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Captain dungeness » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:09 am

Haron, that was an excellent summary post! Thank you for this discussion. Here are my thoughts in green.
Haron wrote:3) The only reason to upgrade the Witch Hut is to get access to more recipes. There will be more recipes than levels of Witch Hut, so no player can ever get access to all recipes. Maybe increasing the level could reduce the time to craft by 0.5% each level similar to the Academy

4) Each time one gets a new level of the Witch Hut, the player gets access to ONE new legendary voodoo recipe. The player chooses among the list of legendary recepies (ALL are available - no "tiers") I think a few tier levels are necessary, otherwise a level 1 witch hut can craft the most powerful legendary voodoo: that doesn't make sense to me. Once chosen, this recipe can NOT be changed (except maybe for a VERY HIGH price). The player gets this recipe by paying for it (or alternatively by doing a mission to get it).You mention missions: there is a great suggestion made by William on eye which includes ingredients being acquired by missions. The witch hut could require certain ingredients (eg. 10 newt tails) to level up certain levels. level 19-20 might require 5 black roses to upgrade which requires many missions to search for the roses. Maybe changing the voodoo choice could require re-paying the correspoding upgrade cost (if you change your level 3 selection then you repay the level 3 upgrade cost. Same goes for all other levels)

9) Unless otherwise specified on the card, legendary voodoo has all the same restrictions as ordinary voodoo. They may fail due to mindbar or confuse, and they may be cleared by purify or serenity. It has been suggested that normal serenity cards can't clear legendary voodoo. I would consider making a legendary serenity card that is able to clear legendary voodoo. I agree Mindbar and Countercurse should work against legendary cards although some legendary cards will have piercing.

-Captain D
Captain dungeness

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:50 am

I agree strongly with the mindbar/counter-curse acting against legendary voodoo : these cards will be powerful critters capable of inflicting vast damage upon the hapless victim : it seems to me that such a card should not be a 'cast and win' one : the caster should have to check for and then break down the usual defences before unleashing the horror.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Donald Trump » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:26 am

Well time to lift the break from the pink elephant. It has been good going on a hiatus from this ever since Tom Lowe's poll, but business is back to normal.

I want to put an end on this topic before anymore legendary voodoo is determined. Let us decide the root. Does everyone agree with this? Anything should be different, or is this good for the Witch hut setup? I will create a later post on Legendary Voodoo which be a bit more constructive in debugging the errors within suggestions.

Haron wrote:1) The Witch Hut is a hideout building. It is built and upgraded using materials, gc, gold bars and possibly credits, just like any other hideout building.

2) The sole purpose of the Witch Hut is to craft legendary voodoo.

3) The only reason to upgrade the Witch Hut is to get access to more recipes. There will be more recipes than levels of Witch Hut, so no player can ever get access to all recipes.

4) Each time one gets a new level of the Witch Hut, the player gets access to ONE new legendary voodoo recipe. The player chooses among the list of legendary recepies (ALL are available - no "tiers"). Once chosen, this recipe can NOT be changed (except maybe for a VERY HIGH price). The player gets this recipe by paying for it (or alternatively by doing a mission to get it).

5) In the Witch Hut, ONE legendary voodoo card can be crafted at any time. The time it takes to craft a card is noted on the recipe.

6) In order to start crafting, the ingredients has to be spent. Ingredients are mainly a set of "ordinary" voodoo cards (common, uncommon and rare cards). These ingredients are consumed (gone forever) once crafting starts.

7) When the crafting period is over, the new legendary card is added to the players voodoo chest. He can now start crafting a new card, if he so desires.

8) Legendary voodoo cards can be sold and bought on the market, just like other voodoo cards. Expect the price to be astronomical for some cards.

9) Unless otherwise specified on the card, legendary voodoo has all the same restrictions as ordinary voodoo. They may fail due to mindbar or confuse, and they may be cleared by purify or serenity.
Donald Trump

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions