Hideout Building: Witch Hut

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Hideout Building: Witch Hut

Postby Shadowood » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:39 pm

DoS wrote:I really dislike the fact this would be gold and goldbars. I find it cookie cutter and boring.

Goldbar prices are very low currently. Adding a new element in the game that requires additional gold bars is needed. I believe CJ stated this in his opening address.

Not disagreeing with you that there could be an added element to this as well, but my personal feelings are that Gold Bars are needed.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Malachi Constant » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:43 pm

The question that has been bouncing around in my mind, whether we use books or recipes for "ordinary" cards, is the cost of those cards.

I had suggested that the baseline common cards be attached to market value X gold coin. That seems like it should be more an end point for a max level witch hut and that actually you should be paying a premium in terms of cost for creating specific voodoo to your wants and needs.

This is two fold:

1. You should pay more to create TI, Black Death and the like. These are fairly valuable and powerful common cards.

2. This would keep from undercutting the value of card packs.
Malachi Constant

Postby Haron » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Only legendary cards can be crafted, in my opinion. And the cost will mainly be in terms of "ordinary" voodoo cards.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Shadowood » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:01 pm

I asked CJ about lesser cards being in the Hut and haven't heard back, but I think I would have to agree that the Hut should only be for Legendary cards...
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Donald Trump » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:02 pm

I think Gold bars + gold can be used to upgrade Witchhunt. But making/buying recipes should involve other elements. I think gems would work well here.
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Postby Maha » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:18 pm

DoS wrote:I think Gold bars + gold can be used to upgrade Witchhunt. But making/buying recipes should involve other elements. I think gems would work well here.

the problem with gems is that it becomes either a replacement for goldbars/credits or a total new concept that is a by far larger game implement than the witchhut. this has been discussed elsewhere.
Maha

Postby Malachi Constant » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Maha wrote:
DoS wrote:I think Gold bars + gold can be used to upgrade Witchhunt. But making/buying recipes should involve other elements. I think gems would work well here.

the problem with gems is that it becomes either a replacement for goldbars/credits or a total new concept that is a by far larger game implement than the witchhut. this has been discussed elsewhere.

I agree with this.

But to add to what DoS was saying about about undervalued/used game features.

Why not introduce into Treasure Hunt the ability to dig up card, card packs, or Witch Hut enhancers? For Hut, just a scroll or something that can be dug up and saved that reduces craft time or resources.
Malachi Constant

Postby William one eye » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:48 pm

This was an older suggestion of mine on gem stones - part of my smuggling expansion idea.

Gem stones - for purpose of value - I suggest Gem stones be found as a chests of Gem stones
- a chest of Gem stones would be high value, move valuable than gold bars

gem stone vary in type - rubys, emeralds, sapphires, pearls, diamonds

there is a gem buyer it is automated not player run
- options from the jem buyer
- sell for gc
- convert to jewlery - requires gold bar also - increases fame
- convert to amulet - require gold bar also - carry for protection - possibly better skirmish escape chance - maybe battle defense -can be lost in
battle - it may require you collect more than 1 type of gems
-convert to talisman requires gold bar also - used in the witch hut to access better voodoo - has a value that can be used up
it may require you collect more than 1 type of gems or could be ingredients.

similar to goods, gemstone can only be sold in a port were they are not found

if you win gemstones and wish to sell them they must be loaded as cargo and transported to the other port

extra risk during transport - shipment is flagged as gem shipment on the gossip pages

you can transport gems on your own or hire a smuggler

a tab is created on the left hand side to handle gemstone related activity

how to get gemstones - npc quest - you must find and defeat a series of targets the final target is a treasure fleet carrying gems
- strength of target and amount of gems stones plunder increases with players fleet size as does difficulty
- perhaps you may get them at random chance in normal npc battle also
-- or you can steal them pvp from another player during shipment
-- potential for a not yet created voodoo card to steal gems also -
-- gem mining is a popular option also

missions are port specific - your prize is the gem stones that are in the specific for the port where you do battle with the treasure fleet

you must then get your gemstone to a different port to sell them

this is the link for the smuggling idea - its an older suggestion and could use a bit or a rework
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2617&p=33048&hilit=smuggling#p33016
William one eye

Postby Captain dungeness » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:58 am

I like the idea of gems or "voodoo essences" that you get from treasure hunting and/or destroying unwanted voodoo. I've seen many games do this: you can scrap 10 common cards for 1 essence or 3 uncommon cards for an essence etc. Then those essences could be one of the many reagents in the legendary voodoo crafting recipes. I like the option of using whichever voodoo is extra for me. Of course there will be recipes that require certain cards in addition to essences/gold bars/ships/crates...

How about a legendary voodoo card that requires a level 10 MoW? I can't think of any other single reagent worth more... that would be one powerful card... maybe it would allow the caster to upgrade any single ship +1 level even if it has 10+ levels? I'll make a suggestion for that.

Captain Jack, I don't know if this has been asked before: will the voodoo hut allow players to spend turns to "hasten" the creation of legendary cards? Would you consider making gris gris a common card which produces new crafting reagents instead of existing cards?

-Captain D
Captain dungeness

Postby Haron » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 am

Since we are currently discussing legendary voodoo, I think we need to get the mechanics of the Witch Hut in order. There have been many opinions about how this should work, and this will obviously affect how we should price legendary voodoo, as well as other things regarding such voodoo. I will state how I have pictured the Witch Hut working. Simplicity is key:

1) The Witch Hut is a hideout building. It is built and upgraded using materials, gc, gold bars and possibly credits, just like any other hideout building.

2) The sole purpose of the Witch Hut is to craft legendary voodoo.

3) The only reason to upgrade the Witch Hut is to get access to more recipes. There will be more recipes than levels of Witch Hut, so no player can ever get access to all recipes.

4) Each time one gets a new level of the Witch Hut, the player gets access to ONE new legendary voodoo recipe. The player chooses among the list of legendary recepies (ALL are available - no "tiers"). Once chosen, this recipe can NOT be changed (except maybe for a VERY HIGH price). The player gets this recipe by paying for it (or alternatively by doing a mission to get it).

5) In the Witch Hut, ONE legendary voodoo card can be crafted at any time. The time it takes to craft a card is noted on the recipe.

6) In order to start crafting, the ingredients has to be spent. Ingredients are mainly a set of "ordinary" voodoo cards (common, uncommon and rare cards). These ingredients are consumed (gone forever) once crafting starts.

7) When the crafting period is over, the new legendary card is added to the players voodoo chest. He can now start crafting a new card, if he so desires.

8) Legendary voodoo cards can be sold and bought on the market, just like other voodoo cards. Expect the price to be astronomical for some cards.

9) Unless otherwise specified on the card, legendary voodoo has all the same restrictions as ordinary voodoo. They may fail due to mindbar or confuse, and they may be cleared by purify or serenity.

If at some point the admins decide to reopen the issue of "gems", prices may be adjusted to include this. However, for now, gems is not even in the "approved" section, so this would be a future addition. For now, only "ordinary voodoo cards" are part of the recipes.

This is how _I_ see the witch hut working. How do you others see it? I think we need to get the details of the witch hut in order before starting to discuss prices for legendary voodoo cards.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions