New Resource: Diamonds/gems

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

New Resource: Diamonds/gems

Postby PhoenixKnight » Sun May 21, 2023 7:48 am

How about we add a new resource of diamonds/gems? we can build some industries around it like jewelry crafting, tailoring, ...
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Re: New Resource: Diamonds/gems

Postby Lil Lola » Sun May 21, 2023 12:21 pm

Don’t resources have a function? What would be a perk?
Lil Lola

Postby William one eye » Sun May 21, 2023 3:23 pm

This was a related suggestion, i made a long time ago.
This was my concept of how gemstones could integrate into the game.

It included how they come into the game.
(Via npc action), and what could be done with them once they are held, fashioning amulets, jewlery, ect and how they are transported and sold.

Gem stones - for purpose of value - I suggest Gem stones be found as a chests of Gem stones
- a chest of Gem stones would be high value, move valuable than gold bars

gem stone vary in type - rubys, emeralds, sapphires, pearls, diamonds

there is a gem buyer it is automated not player run
- options from the jem buyer
- sell for gc
- convert to jewlery - requires gold bar also - increases fame
- convert to amulet - require gold bar also - carry for protection - possibly better skirmish escape chance - maybe battle defense -can be lost in
battle - it may require you collect more than 1 type of gems
-convert to talisman requires gold bar also - used in the witch hut to access better voodoo - has a value that can be used up
it may require you collect more than 1 type of gems

similar to goods, gemstone can only be sold in a port were they are not found

if you win gemstones and wish to sell them they must be loaded as cargo and transported to the other port

extra risk during transport - shipment is flagged as gem shipment on the gossip pages

you can transport gems on your own or hire a smuggler

a tab is created on the left hand side to handle gemstone related activity

how to get gemstones - npc quest - you must find and defeat a series of targets the final target is a treasure fleet carrying gems
- strength of target and amount of gems stones plunder increases with players fleet size as does difficulty
- perhaps you may get them at random chance in normal npc battle also
-- or you can steal them pvp from another player during shipment
-- potential for a not yet created voodoo card to steal gems also -

missions are port specific - your prize is the gem stones that are in the specific for the port where you do battle with the treasure fleet

you must then get your gemstone to a different port to sell them

since it shows on the gossip page and you may be plundered for your gemstone cargo - it is high risk

Smuggler exchange
you need to move your gemstones - you can take them yourself or you can hire a smuggler

smuggler operate similar to bounties

you post the gems you wish to transport and what you are willing to pay

a smuggler must post a bond - the value of the gems
if the smuggler loses the gems the bond is tranferred to the gem shipper

if they successfully deliver your gems they get the fee

if gems are stolen in route they become the property of the raider

however the raiders fleet then show the flag showing they are carrying gemstones

If this is possible to implement - I have an idea for a grace period before shipments show on gossip page

Tech upgrade in hideout academy- smuggler tech - each upgrade yields and extra .15 second grace period before flag (or maybe fleet )shows on gossip page

Pirate advantage - pirates get a starting 5 minute grace period on the gossip page - why - because pirates be sneaky
Last edited by William one eye on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
William one eye

William one eye

Postby Lil Lola » Sun May 21, 2023 7:54 pm

Oh you mean I could totally get wonder woman’s arm bands!!Oh and tiara. Ooh and a lasso of truth!!!
Lil Lola

Postby Shadowood » Wed May 24, 2023 3:39 pm

Lil Lola wrote:Don’t resources have a function? What would be a perk?

Not only will all my wives have diamond rings, but now my mistresses will have even bigger Diamond rings.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Lil Lola » Wed May 24, 2023 4:50 pm

Shadowood wrote:

Not only will all my wives have diamond rings, but now my mistresses will have even bigger Diamond rings.

Only Diamonds? They don’t want one of each? Rubies, Emeralds, Sapphires, Amethysts, Garnets are beautiful but underrated. Or do they have all colored diamonds? Blue diamonds, pink diamonds, yellow diamonds, black diamonds.
Lil Lola

Postby Shadowood » Wed May 24, 2023 5:21 pm

Lil Lola wrote:
Shadowood wrote:

Only Diamonds? They don’t want one of each? Rubies, Emeralds, Sapphires, Amethysts, Garnets are beautiful but underrated. Or do they have all colored diamonds? Blue diamonds, pink diamonds, yellow diamonds, black diamonds.

Diamonds are just the rings... I will adorn them with plenty of other jewelry.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Lil Lola » Wed May 24, 2023 5:27 pm

So that’s like your hush money to keep them silent about each other or do you got yourself a harem situation? Or going for the sister-wives polygamy thing?
Lil Lola

Postby Shadowood » Thu May 25, 2023 10:22 pm

Lil Lola wrote:So that’s like your hush money to keep them silent about each other or do you got yourself a harem situation? Or going for the sister-wives polygamy thing?

Oh I don't mind my ladies talking about me... how do you think I got so many ladies. It wasn't the size of my Man O War :P :P :P
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby DezNutz » Thu May 25, 2023 10:33 pm

Lil Lola wrote:
Shadowood wrote:

No longer a fan of pearl necklaces, Lola?

--------
I realized after replying this is a suggestions thread.

In regards to the suggestion, wasn't there an entire topic or set of topics for this already?
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Next

Return to Suggestions