Shipwreck hunting route

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Shipwreck hunting route

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:13 pm

Sometimes it can be annoying to have to manually reassign shipwreck hunting fleets every time a hunt ends. I think there should be an option to permanently assign a fleet to shipwreck hunting, similar to fishing. A fleet starts docked at port, goes out for 12 hours, returns to port, goes out again, and repeats this until the player goes inactive just like with fishing. I don't think this should replace shipwreck hunting as it is, but rather be another option for players looking to do long-term ship hunting instead of just a one-time search. If it seems like it might end up being a little too OP, fleets on scheduled shipwreck hunts could take longer, such as 24 hours instead of 12, for example.
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

Re: Shipwreck hunting route

Postby Assur » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:40 pm

Lovely idea! Had not even thought to suggest it myself :D
A blade is only as sharp as you make it.
Assur

Postby DezNutz » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:42 pm

Question: What should happen if there are no shipwrecks in the port?

There are a limited number of shipwrecks to salvage. Note the part in red from the Quartermaster Page

Quartermaster Page wrote:Governor, hit continue at the bottom of this page to proceed!

This is day 91 of year 10. The new day starts In 09:15:51
There are currently 11,222 active players in Avonmora
A total of 23B people live in the settlements.
There are 129,783 sailing ships and 4 shipwrecks.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Assur » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:47 pm

DezNutz wrote:Question: What should happen if there are no shipwrecks in the port?

There are a limited number of shipwrecks to salvage. Note the part in red from the Quartermaster Page

[quote= Quartermaster Page]
Governor, hit continue at the bottom of this page to proceed!

Suppose they just keep repeating until they find something or the player cancel the process even if they can't find a wreck.
A blade is only as sharp as you make it.
Assur

Postby Lil Lola » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:47 pm

And the ships only hunt in one port so the manual part is also to set the fleets so it hunts in other ports.
Lil Lola

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:18 pm

DezNutz wrote:Question: What should happen if there are no shipwrecks in the port?

Quartermaster Page wrote:Governor, hit continue at the bottom of this page to proceed!

As assur said they would just keep hunting until they found a ship. I mean with manual shipwreck hunting that already happens anyway. Sometimes you come back empty.
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:38 pm

i mean... if folks dont like the voodoo placements .... or the fact you need to send your fleet on another hunt... why play :D :D :D

the game is fine ... you automated fookers have already turned it into crybaby island.... its literally a few clicks..... if you are sending 20 fleets after 4 ships... automated game play isn't going to help you :D :D :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Lil Lola » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:24 pm

Hey hey hey but excuse me mister but it really makes the multi tasking traders life easier. Scenario I can toss HNs on Captain Snow while looking for shipwrecks in multiple ports because Silvershadow skirmished a ship Snow forgot to level up after you tossed fugis a few days before. See win win. You can check pages sure but that don’t mean it has or hasn’t been found. Kind of like a just in case it was missed.
Lil Lola

Return to Suggestions