Pirate Nation Ranks

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Pirate Nation Ranks

Postby ChaIbaud » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:44 pm

Under the Titles FAQ page, there is a section regarding the Pirate "nation."

Is this something still in development? Or is the answer a bit misleading? I imagine that this answer has been around for longer than I've been playing the game, so maybe this can be considered a bump for CJ.
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Re: Pirate Nation Ranks

Postby The Lamb » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:47 pm

+1 Would be cool
Remember...
You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin it once!
The Lamb

Postby DezNutz » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:00 pm

The assumption is that there could be, but I don't think anything was set in stone.

I believe there were several suggestions on the topic at one point. I'll find them and link them here.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3829 Disapproved, but it is a starting point.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby ChaIbaud » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:02 pm

DezNutz wrote:The assumption is that there could be, but I don't think anything was set in stone.

I believe there were several suggestions on the topic at one point. I'll find them and link them here.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3829 Disapproved, but it is a starting point.

Interesting. I'll finish reading through the meatier posts in that thread later and try to piece together a suggestion that corrects some of the most prevailing woes. However, it's worth nothing that some of the complaints are talking about "balance" between nations and the Pirates, which is extremely funny given the current mechanics of the game, and have for a long time.
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby Argo » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:41 am

** Bump'**
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby Argo » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:18 am

Just getting to the head of the queue early for 2023 game updates ... :D
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby William one eye » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3829

I spent a lot of time on republic of pirates, its somewhat historically correct and i got a lot of input from pirate players that were active at the time i put it together.

This was worked to fit closely to the existing nation structure,
So that it would not have to be a completly new design.

I think pirate held ports sould have some sort of function,
That benefits pirates, and possibly merchants that are willing to do buisness in pirates / pirate ports.

If a 3rd rework is in order, i would happily put some more time into it.

It could probably be better if it had its own independent design,
But i worry, to many big development projects are already on the table, i would prefer to see this as an easy implementation by making adjustments to an existing framework, so that itt actually happens in the near future and does not disrupt larger more important game additions,

I think it should be approached with 3 possible development routes.

1 Very stripped down basic addition for a pirates nation.
With choice of independant pirate (current path), or ability to join a pirate faction or possibly factions if desired.
Some basic perks of belonging to a faction, and some small benefits if a port is held by a faction.
Probably its own design different than nations, but basically small enough to be a quick implementation.

2 basically a pirate based copy of our current nation system.
Hopefully implementable without to long a wait or causing to much delay of anything else.
( this was the intent of the republic of pirares idea)

3 totally unique, full featured and highy tailored for pirates add on to be implemented way down the road.
William one eye

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:30 pm

Pirate ranks? Will they rank as high as any in Rome?

(Add speech impediment of choice)
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Argo » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:59 pm

Lol - do you have a lisp, Danik?

Will.. I agree that it doesn't have to take any great implementation. We can keep it simple enough without having to mess around much with coding n stuff I think .. cant we?

We can easily write out some in nation missions which can be rewarded by tribute or boss pirate lol or whatevs ... These missions would have to be completed to gain ranks same as nation - Like nation players, pirates can work together to grow influence and terror - a strong band of ocean terrorists would bring the game back to it namesake ...
Silver, Vane, Anne and I would pool resources to help baby pirates get on their feet - no different to trade guilds - and still very do-able.
Then.. traders would have to fight back.. instead of a couple of players stepping in and fighting for everyone who isnt the attacker- lol

However, raids cost quite a bit right now - an obv disadvantage to Pirates - so it just means more traders being lit in a single raid to make sure all participating pirates receive their roi and a bit of a profit ...

Does that sound skeery to traders? Well, buckle up - that's the name of the game - Pirate's Glory!!

It would mean more TEAMWORK on both sides.. I dont think thats a bad thing... Strengthening factions as you say!
Holding the port would work the same as nations as is.

You did it pretty much on your own, Will - and held it - so with a solid crew, its a goer imo. It doesnt have to be complicated, does it?
Just my 2c. :P and I for one, would really appreciate any more work you could put into making it happen :)
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby PFH » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:23 pm

Maybe some of the past approved suggestions will come to light when CJ comes around. I liked will’s og suggestion to this.
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Next

Return to Suggestions