Credits suggestion

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Credits suggestion

Postby Captain Mac Snow » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:34 pm

:D

Just a suggestion. I do get your point of view though so fair enough.
Me making animal sounds have nothing to do with you. I love animals so that's my way to interfere with people. If you feel like taking it personal, seek doctors attention. My animal sounds are aimed for me only. Don't talk with me if you don't like it.
Captain Mac Snow

Postby Shadowood » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:34 pm

Just remove the cap of $500,000. Lets make it a 100% free market system. Free from restrictions

Then we can have cutters and howkers be worth $750,000 gc. when you can build them for $10,000. Level 1 SOTL and Cutters, both selling for 1 credit. Fun times.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Stan Rogers » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:53 pm

To get credits back on the market, something in game that consumes a lot of Gc needs to happen.
Traditionally, during nation wars, GC becomes a much needed resource and I always got my best credit deals in those times.
One good war can burn a lot of GC and then you see credits selling at what we now can call bargain prices.
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby DezNutz » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:53 pm

Stan Rogers wrote:To get credits back on the market, something in game that consumes a lot of Gc needs to happen.
Traditionally, during nation wars, GC becomes a much needed resource and I always got my best credit deals in those times.
One good war can burn a lot of GC and then you see credits selling at what we now can call bargain prices.

So your saying the credit market is screwed. 'Cuz everyone knows that wars don't last long enough anymore to really burn gc.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Stan Rogers » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:41 pm

DezNutz wrote:So your saying the credit market is screwed. 'Cuz everyone knows that wars don't last long enough anymore to really burn gc.

No, that is not what I am saying. The credit market will revive again but to count on it as a fixture that must operate 24/7/365 is a flawed expectation.

Same thing with the voodoo market, It ebbs and flows with various numbers of pages of listings.
It's not broken, just experiencing a lull in business.
Stan Rogers

Postby Captain Mac Snow » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:07 am

Stan I know you have lot of experience in this game and you propably can think all the parameters affecting this matter. Do you really believe that by giving to every player 182-365 credits per year is gonna affect the demand of donate? I mean it's such a small amount for a single individual. Yet I believe that even if again some ppl will try to gather them, there will be a more natural flow and more people that will have credits so it will be easier to bargain and keep the price low, so a cutter cost 1 credit and a sotl 3.
Me making animal sounds have nothing to do with you. I love animals so that's my way to interfere with people. If you feel like taking it personal, seek doctors attention. My animal sounds are aimed for me only. Don't talk with me if you don't like it.
Captain Mac Snow

Postby Captain Mac Snow » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:11 am

I mean honestly if I'm mistaken in my way of seeing it I'll take it no problem. I'm just discussing the matter with you. I'm still not sure how it would affect Avonmora in full scale. Maybe you could make a scenario and give your lights.
Captain Mac Snow

Postby Stan Rogers » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:24 am

Mack, honestly, I don't think it would hurt the future purchase of credits for that small amount but, I am not the one you have to convince.

If I thought there was ever a chance, go for it but, I cannot see it happening without some sort of guarantee it would create more business on the server.
Stan Rogers

Postby Mack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:43 am

That's close to $2 or $3 each person in the game given out yearly don't sound like much but it adds up quickly
ALL HAIL JESUS CHRIST! GOD IS KING!
Mack

Postby Captain Mac Snow » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:10 am

Indeed adds up quickly, if you think about it as a group. 18k credits per year is a decent amount to keep a flow, despite wars and gathering strategies. I'm not sure about the effect it could have in 10 years since 180k credits thrown in the market are a lot. Of course there will be a significant loss from usage. But again no sure how many there be left, or what if someone gathers them all.
Captain Mac Snow

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions