Credits suggestion

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Credits suggestion

Postby Captain Mac Snow » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:05 pm

Seeing the Credit Exchange market sinking i'd like to make a suggestion.

credits are getting consumed. either buy buying turns or by buying voodoo packs, thats why there is no helthy economy of credits since there is no way to generate them.

Seeing the credit graph not sure the for the period that i'm looking but the maximum credit number is around 8k, not a big number if you ask me.

So my proposition would be with our daily gift from our wives to also get a coin. We married the govs daughter after all :P

That would be equal to a maximum of 365 for a player that never miss a sec ( not a chance)
equal to 3.650 for 10
equal to 36.500 for hundred players.

My quess is that 25.000 credits will be generated in Avonmora per year and that is a good amound to keep a natural flow.

I'm not good with calculating every aspect of the game maybe a chance for your wife to give you a coin would be more suitable. Again i believe that a way from the game to generate some credits would keep a more natural flow to the credit market.
Me making animal sounds have nothing to do with you. I love animals so that's my way to interfere with people. If you feel like taking it personal, seek doctors attention. My animal sounds are aimed for me only. Don't talk with me if you don't like it.
Captain Mac Snow

Re: Credits suggestion

Postby My crows » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:40 pm

I think the whole point of the credits is that they are only generated by user purchases. To have them generate naturally in-game would reduce the demand, and decrease profit made by the game owner/s.

They're out there somewhere.....lol
My crows

Postby Captain Mac Snow » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:20 am

I totally get your point of view. However i hope you to see mine also. As i said before the maximum a person can generate is 365 per year which makes 3.650 and less in 10 years. From my point of view credits of 50 euro value aint much for a player that logs in everyday and doesnt miss a single gift for 10 years. However if you put together the 365 credits of 100 players, suddenly you create a healthy economy.

The player that was going to donate.. 365 credits per year are just 14 mindbars. Around 1 to secure for 3 days per month. I think we all know that the need of a donate is always way bigger than this.

Since people are buying voodoo and using voodoo all those credits are getting lost. Having this minimum of credits being generated through game would help stabilize the credit economy in the game. Give a boost to any newcomer that might be looking for gcs and give a nice and smooth roll on the market.
Me making animal sounds have nothing to do with you. I love animals so that's my way to interfere with people. If you feel like taking it personal, seek doctors attention. My animal sounds are aimed for me only. Don't talk with me if you don't like it.
Captain Mac Snow

Postby Stan Rogers » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:40 am

Its not going to happen. Credit purchases are the only thing that pays for the server.

CJ was quite agreeable to opening a credit market within the game as purchased credits could be transferred to other players for various reasons already within a game metric.

What it has done is created a demand for more credits based on a fictitious market.

Brilliant i think and it appears to be working :arr
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby Captain Mac Snow » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:45 am

I agree with you. Do you think that this small amount of credits will destroy this demand instead of stabilizing?
Captain Mac Snow

Postby Stan Rogers » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:11 am

Captain Mac Snow wrote:I agree with you. Do you think that this small amount of credits will destroy this demand instead of stabilizing?

I don't think it would destroy or stabilize anything but there are credit specials that happen quite frequently.
essentially, you are asking the shop keeper to throw out freebee's robbing him of potential income.
Might I suggest you throw in a few bucks as you have been enjoying the game for a number of years now.
Now don't get me wrong as you probably do contribute to the game well-being by purchasing credits on occasion but to ask for free stuff that is prime essential revenue generating is not likely to happen.

The credit market is a sole player induced feature and if nobody puts credits in to sell, there will not be any. I think when you first start, you are awarded with some credits as well.
You can earn credits by referrals as well but the easiest way is to spend what you would put on the collection plate to support something you obviously approve of and enjoy.

My position only and your mileage may vary.
peace
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby Captain Mac Snow » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:07 am

I do not believe that 365 credits per year are a lot. Also I made another suggestion that relies on a chance with gov daughter. I firmly believe that somehow a small amount of credits should be generated from game. Because of players playing for 10 years there are 2B gc on market, left unused, waiting to buy any credit that will be thrown in market. That doesn't seem very balanced. It lead the price of credit to grow, meaning that the value of ships an voodoo changed. How fast someone become rich also is affected. How fast someone can build his Hideout and get advantage in the process of the game.

Anyway again its just my opinion and proposition. As in life, ok we arrange parties in clubs. But we go to the clubs that treats us. Without saying that people should be treated. But a small treat is usually a motivation and leaves a positive vibe. Personally I did try to contribute towards the game as I did again in the past. So free lunching is not what I seek. Neither 365 credits is something that will solve my problems in Avonmora. Maybe if the amount was half, which means 185 credits per year for a single player, to help restrict the loss. But again I do believe that there is a need for a small amount of credits to be generated in order to contrast the sinking economy of market.
Captain Mac Snow

Postby Captain Mac Snow » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:13 am

Also the demand might have risen, but since the value of credit has its value doubled, the demand automatically drop in half, since you don't need that many credits.
Captain Mac Snow

Postby ChaIbaud » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:11 pm

I know there are a lot of players who spend decent amounts of money for credits in the game. In my opinion, the game is essentially giving you free credits whenever you get at least 2 voodoo cards for absolutely nothing and 1 for relatively little investment w/ turns. We should all help new players understand the value of selling unneeded voodoo off because stockpiling in the early stages will do little good for them
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby DezNutz » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:57 pm

Well, where to begin.....

Captain Mac Snow wrote:Seeing the Credit Exchange market sinking i'd like to make a suggestion.

credits are getting consumed. either buy buying turns or by buying voodoo packs, thats why there is no helthy economy of credits since there is no way to generate them.

Your assumption, notated in pink bold, is wrong.

Stan's responses pretty much hit the points on the head.

Credits are a game currency used primarily to fund the upkeep of the game, such as paying for the servers, advertising, etc.

Credits are generated via only 3 mechanisms.
1) Completing one of the Tutorials. (IIRC, First Forum Post provides you a one time gift of 20 credits)
2) Inviting Friends and having them join and play the game.
3) Buying them using real world currency. (99% of all credits in game)

The Credit Exchange, Ship Market, Voodoo Market, etc. are simply just exchanging credits generated by one of the above mechanisms for other goods, such as gold coin, ships, and voodoo.

There are actual credit sinks in game that reduce the number of credits (isn't just the credit changing hands), such as buying turns, buying voodoo packs, hideout buildings, and plantation permissions.

Additionally, there is no lack of supply of credits in game. There are tens of thousands of credits in game. What you have is that very few are willing to put those credits on the exchange, thus giving the faux supply shortage.

If you want to see more credits on the exchange or need more credits, reach out to players who have credits and offer to buy them directly, or convince those that are sitting on thousands of credits to sell more of them, or just buy the credits with real money, like myself and a number of other players do. Beyond that, you aren't going to have the game give away credits freely.

Now, let's move to the suggestion....

Captain Mac Snow wrote:So my proposition would be with our daily gift from our wives to also get a coin. We married the govs daughter after all :P

That would be equal to a maximum of 365 for a player that never miss a sec ( not a chance)
equal to 3.650 for 10
equal to 36.500 for hundred players.

My quess is that 25.000 credits will be generated in Avonmora per year and that is a good amound to keep a natural flow.

I'm not good with calculating every aspect of the game maybe a chance for your wife to give you a coin would be more suitable. Again i believe that a way from the game to generate some credits would keep a more natural flow to the credit market.

Again, Stan is correct. This suggestion is not going to happen.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Next

Return to Suggestions