Ideas and Shizz

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Ideas and Shizz

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:21 am

So with game updates slowly releasing, and things seeming to be somewhat silent on the ol' plunder boards...

I have come up with some Ideas and Shizz, as the title explains.

More Ships

At one time, it was stated another ship was making its way to Avonmora just for Fishing this got cancelled. However it does not stop other possibility's from creaking up. I feel having more ships, may give the reason for some of the old worn out folk to try out ship battles again. This ties in with, another suggestion I have if your willing to - Whats the point your not even reading this are you. So many years, so little effect. I'm tired.

Ahem... Excuse the breakdown. More ships will tie in with another idea I have.

The ships I have thought of involves an "Ironclad" and Chinese Junkers. The Ironclad, will be between Large Frigate and Ship of the Line. Less cannons (Lets say 8), but a hull of that of a Man of War or some shizzle - I don't know. The Chinese Junker, will be compared to a Sloop. Do a simple google, you will see the size and understand why.

Ways to get ships:
-> Special Events
-> Nations? (Marquee of China in order to get an upgraded version of the Chinese Junker which will bare a different name for sanity reasons. The upgraded version will be the equivalent of the Frigate or Flag Galleon)

Things this might change:
- If more ships are to be added we may need to change the "Speed" settings/definitions from "Slow/Fast/Very Fast" to a measurement in Km/h.

Things this will do:
- Get some old dogs moving again (PvP battles)
- Add another, needed level of depth to the game.
- Let me laugh for a suggestion has finally passed through
- Allow a new resource for "Unlockable ships"

Special Events:

We need some Special Events, not the 2x plunder or 2x trade income. Special Events can both be NPC and none-NPC oriented.

NPC Special Events:

NPC Special Events will appear every month or so, and run for X amount of time (72 hours?). My theory is, like John Cena. It lasts 10 rounds, and you for each mission passed, you will get a reward. For each you have to face off against a HARDENED npc. Each round getting more and more difficult. Then, if the person beats round 10... They get a reward... They will gain the ability to build a "Special Event" ship (Maybe only built once?) that only people that completed the Special Events, will be able to do build.

It will be like nation missions. Each round, one appears in a random port.

PvP Special Events:

PvP special events, lets say to build those "Special Event" ships you need a new resource. Gems, and Gems will only be salvageable via "Shipwrecks".

Once the event starts, X amount of shipwrecks will be dotted across Avonmora ports and if in port, will have it own tab below the "Skirmish" area labelled "Salvageable Shipwrecks". Per Minute on the Shipwreck, you will gain 1 Gem or something stupid. Pirates did not have the best means of going underwater.

Shipwrecks will last for X amount of time (24/48/72 Hrs) and the person looting the shipwreck can be attacked like they can on the plunder board... IF the attacker beats the looter, he has the ability to choose a different fleet to loot. Then the cycle continues.

Only catch is, it can't have any voodoo thrown on it (Apart from Fire Ships/Call The Krackens) - This will give newer players a slight chance, and increase the price of said cards.

Eventually, we could come up with a "fleet guard" mechanism. Where alike Shipwrecks, some merchant vessels work best on fetching gems - the person can then put a fleet to guard the trade fleet looting.

Once beaten or full of cargo will retreat towards the port and auto load the gems into your designated warehouse.

What this will do:
- More PvP battles, people testing new unlocked ships AND fighting for them precious gems.
- More activity, during the events. People will want to stay online to try to search the shipwrecks.
- It will be an update.
- New Resource (GEMS)

Thats all I got.
Do or do not tell me your opinions, either one is hunky as it is dory.
Admiral Nelson

Re: Ideas and Shizz

Postby Meliva » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:48 am

Like the ideas of special events and new ships. +1 from me with some time spent on ironing things out.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Argo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:01 pm

What Mel said Nelson .. good luck .. hope something comes of it!! :P
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby Lil Lola » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:22 pm

Oooh I like it!!! Can I do +2 is that allowed?
Lil Lola

Postby xPROx » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:54 pm

+100 the game needs more ships involved areas.
xPROx

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:18 pm

Great ideas! I'd like to see some new life breathed into the game
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:38 pm

Hideout Building - Dockyard

As I see it another gold sinker is needed, to add another level of depth to the "Special Event" unlockable ships, a hideout building "Dockyard" could be produced where these "Special" ships can be built, and such ships could take X amount of time to build. That amount could be decreased per level.

This could also be a building Gems are needed to upgrade, instead of gold bars. Adding to the "Shipwreck events" rush.

Basically: Congrats, you unlocked a "Reaper" ship? You got to wait for it to be built! Don't want to? Upgrade your dockyard!

This could always be done after the launch, whilst in the meantime it could be put in the Shipwright with an insane price to it etc.

Technology - Ship Archaeologist

As another tie-in feature, another technology could be bought in which further decreases Dockyard build times and every 5 levels you unlock a special
ship.

Just something for people to spend their gold coins on... Ya know...
Admiral Nelson

Postby Lachlan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 pm

yes this is some good stuff +10000
Lachlan

Postby ChaIbaud » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:08 pm

-1 because of who posted it.
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby DezNutz » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:33 am

I'm curious where the idea that the ship for fishing was cancelled, but that's for another time.

I think the idea of new ships has merit.

What benefits will come from gaining these ships? What is the make up of the ships?

The Speed Settings/Definition of Very Slow/Slow/Medium/Fast/Very Fast are simply a means to reference a range of speeds. For instance, the howker and the LMM are both classified as Slow ships, but the actual Speed of each ship is different. You can see the actual Speeds by clicking on the ship and then within the ships details, the image of the ship will have a small "i" in the top right corner. If you hover over it, it will provide details on the ship such as the type, speed, base HP, current HP.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Return to Suggestions