Revaluation of Credit

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Revaluation of Credit

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:53 pm

Seems as though the original topic thread has been moved, so, wishing to re-raise the suggestion to revalue the credit.

Recent events on the CRX has shown the current valuation to be somewhat adrift when applied to the ship market in particular, and to some extent the voodoo market too.

With a minimum price of 1 credit, and a credit currently selling for 480-500k gc : it is making the ship market way too expensive for many of the vessel types.

So, back to Haron's notion to 'split' the credit and enable pricing in percentages of a credit.

Thoughts?
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Re: Revaluation of Credit

Postby Redish » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:57 pm

Fractional pricing on the card or shipmarket perhaps? Example: One sloop = 0.03 credits.

Current pricing is killing liquidity on these markets
Last edited by Redish on Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redish

Postby DezNutz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:58 pm

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5314 Credits Update - Approved
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2357 Credit Strength/SubDivision - Archived
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2134 Credit Cents - Archived

The biggest drawback to fractional credits is that you would have to allow credits to be sold in fractions, otherwise you could end up with a fraction of a credit and potentially never make it whole.

Credit prices are artificially elevated. THe credit exchange definitely needs to be redone. I personally think that we should move credits exchange between players back to banks.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Lefty » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:41 pm

I will give you the response you give to others. Too bad for you! Economics have gotten us to this point. If there is not enough demand for sloops at 1 credit...too bad. Wait till there is. :o:
Lefty

Postby Redish » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:51 pm

This might need a bit more thought but you could allow banks to buy up the fractions from players. It will set banks apart from the regular credit market and provide opportunity for profit.
Redish

Postby The Lamb » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:38 pm

I think part of the issue here is we dont have a recirculating credit system. Lets sideline buying them for a min.

1. There are few ways to earn credits. If you take your credits and buy voodoo packs (I buy a min of 10 per week) those credits are gone from the game for ever. There should be missions or bounties in game to earn credits and increase the supply. Even if you argue that you can then sell voodoo for credits, the ones you used are gone, and this directly affects supply and demand in game.

2. You should have to work for your credits, and the market works exactly the way its supposed to. I know some think that that should be able to run 5 ships, and have unlimited voodoo to cast and millions rolling in, but thats not how the game works.

3. People arent spending RL money on credits like they used to so the supply is down and the market price is up. Maybe there should be some other things people can buy with RL cashola to pay the piper. Maybe MOW's, ship upgrades, specialties.. etc. I know the community has given a whole slew of ideas on what to do to increase the games playability.

5. Lastly, maybe people aside from Zeph just dont like sloops :) I mean you can make one with common things found in your bathroom.

If you try to "fix" the credit system you also need to fix the reason people hoard credits, which is because there is no where to put their money late in the game when research is done, buildings are done, plantations are working and they have no where else to secure the millions that are rolling in after those with trustworthy banks are filled. I know there are a few who think people do it for ominous reasons, and from time to time that may be the case, who knows, but mostly its due to no new end game stuff.

Even I suggested a "gold sink" way to do expeditions to find better ships, better cannons, better armor, Gems, rare items, achievements .... crickets
Remember...
You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin it once!
The Lamb

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:42 pm

Lefty wrote:I will give you the response you give to others. Too bad for you! Economics have gotten us to this point. If there is not enough demand for sloops at 1 credit...too bad. Wait till there is. :o:

There has never been enough demand on the ship market by virtue of the clumsy pricing involved. Even when credits were selling at 200k some ship types were vastly over-priced because the minimum is the minimum.

Over-bidding is discouraged because the price-step is now insane : half a million a go?

Personally, it's my view the entire in-game economy is fractured and unfit for purpose.

But, nevermind, if you sit by a river long enough, the bodies of your debtors will eventually float by.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Scraps » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:56 am

i agree with El Draque, he as presented very good solutions to fix the creds market.
Scraps

Postby Captain cudeggs » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:32 pm

ya
Captain cudeggs

Postby William one eye » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:11 pm

Easy fix would just to multiply all existing credits, ship and voodoo marketprices, and credit sinks by 10 and adjust gc to credit prices by 0.1 to keep valuation the same.

Agree with el draque on point one and have made similar comments to this often. There is no way to get credits except to buy them with irl money. I have no way to use IRL money to buy credits as i get get routed to a site to buy credits that that I lost the password and email info for and cannot log into.
While most players probably do not have this problem, i guess there are often players that dont want to use or cannot use irl money. Some new players may even quit when not being able to get their personal ecomony going fast enough to survive at current credit rates. I dont think earning credits should be easy or a profitt route, and it should have a limit to how much you can earn, however i think there should be a way to do it.

Shipwright and card trading are essentially a way to make credits, however these credits must exist, circulate, and be appropriately valued to make purchase of lower value cards and ships in order to help start up players.
William one eye

Next

Return to Suggestions