Mounted Ram- Tech/Ship Customization

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Mounted Ram- Tech/Ship Customization

Postby Henry Avery » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:59 am

Basically, researching this would make it so that all of your ships have a ram mounted on the bow.

on slow and very slow, it gives +50% damage on a maximum attack roll, and on fast a +75% percent damage on max attack roll. On very fast, there is a 10% percent chance to instantly sink an enemy on maximum attack roll. on all other rolls it's a +50% damage.

By maximum attack roll, i mean the same parameters as the activation of fire assault.
digna factis recipimus
Henry Avery

Re: Mounted Ram- Tech/Ship Customization

Postby not a pirate » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:00 am

I don't think we need more ways to buff damage, especially as there is already another technology dedicated to increasing your potential damage output.

Perhaps if you had a ram, you could begin to sink a ship and then ram through the middle of the hull. You could then receive a certain amount of the resources used in crafting that ship. This doesn't seem very profitable to dump gold in, but it's an idea for a ram that isn't currently implemented.

Or maybe you can use a ship inside of an attacking fleet to target and ram another specific ship in a defending fleet. Do you need to weaken that SOTL so your other ships can beat the rest of the fleet? Ram it to deal damage, slow it, and destroy some of the cannons able to be fired at the expense of your tail ship you used to do the ramming- may have an increased chance of reward, but plunder at your own risk unless you have Hideout cards ready to put a new tail into the fleet. Do you need to sink that lowly cutter tail to get a bigger plunder % based on the ship's value? Ram it.

Just an idea, but overall don't think it would be a necessary addition.
not a pirate

Postby Zephore » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:07 am

Ah, so basically a mix between fire assault and levi assault.
No thanks. Lol
Zephore

Postby William one eye » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:47 pm

I basically agree with not a pirate.

I dont think this is a good tech upgrade.

If we get something along the lines of my suggestion in the foundry discussion, this would integrate great with that.

I think this works better as a player manufactured upgrade that is possible to equip to a single ship in a fleet.
You could equip more than one ship in the fleet but only the lead ship will be able to use it.

When an equipped ship is in the lead position of a fleet.
It yeilds a damage attack on the heaviest class ship in the opponents fleet.

Damage/defend based on ship class x dice roll

The closer the equipped ship is in class and level to the opponents ship the more possible damage roll it yeilds.

If the equipped ship out classes the opponents heaviest ship
A maximum damage roll is possible.

If the opponent has multiple ships of the same class and level as the heaviest ships in their fleet, the equipped ship attacks any of these ships at random.

This is a single 1 time attack per player initiated battle.
The attack will be the the first attack on the battle summary.
Then the equipped ship will not ram again until the next plunder board attack.
William one eye

Return to Suggestions