Capping Credit Market Price

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Capping Credit Market Price

Postby Stan Rogers » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:07 am

Not only are credit prices running high, so are voodoo prices and have been for quite some time. I'll compare the voodoo pricing to when I first started. Many cards are way overpriced however, as people are willing to buy at elevated pricing, they remain high.

They remain high to a point where it is cheaper to buy a voodoo pack and then sell off some of the cards until you got your 20 creds back.

At todays prices, I think that strategy is quite do-able to build up a reasonable card stock and or earn a few creds.

Easy ? No but a dedicated player who closely monitors the market could come out ahead.

As long as there are players who are willing to pay the prices, the markets will remain high.
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby DezNutz » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:46 am

I don't think it's a willingness to pay the high price, I think it is because they have no alternative.

If they can't buy credits with real money, there is no real alternative other than paying the prices.

And as there are certain things in this game that require credits, any player that wants to partake in all parts of the game is going to seek out credits.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Stan Rogers » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:15 am

Actually, there are a couple alternatives one of them being outlined above with taking advantage of high voodoo pricing by purchasing packs then reselling.

There is also the option of laying down some real cash to get creds.

Is $5-10-20 bucks too much to ask to contribute towards the game well being, lack of advertising and hours of self amusement.

You get some credits as a bonus and it does not have to be a lot of cash to get your 'seed' stock' to manage and grow as you see fit.
Stan Rogers

Postby Shadowood » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:58 pm

Stan Rogers wrote: Many cards are way overpriced however, as people are willing to buy at elevated pricing, they remain high.

Hey Stan, I have an idea. I have an over abundance of "Mindbar" curses and I want to off load them soon. But the current avg price of 26.5 is just to low from my liking. I see others have a like mind as me and are currently asking 28.5 or 30.33 per mindbar... effectively driving the price up even more.

My idea. Now this is secret and only you and I can know about this. I am going to place 5 mindbar on the market for a price of 35 credits each. I want you buy them. But then I want you relist them for the same price and I will buy them back. We will do this over and over until you and I make the avg price close to 35. Sound good?? SWEET!

I can't wait to sell all my mindbars for 35 credits each (or $15,750,000 gc) because "People are willing to buy at those elevated prices"

PEOPLE! Please wake up to the manipulation of our markets. Avoid the credit market. Avoid the card market. Buy Voodoo packs and don't give into the manipulation that is our markets.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby William one eye » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:29 pm

I cannot buy credits.
I would if i was able, but credits purchase links me to a site that i can no longer log into.

I have no issue with helping devolpment out and spending a bit of real money, im just not able to.

So my best option is to trade cards and to to make a profit off cycling card packs or steal and or build ships and sell them.

Occasionaly i by from the market,
But i gennerally try to avoid it.
William one eye

Postby The Lamb » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:30 pm

"I can't wait to sell all my mindbars for 35 credits each (or $15,750,000 gc) because "People are willing to buy at those elevated prices""

Well, sadly that does happen. So the end result is, if I need them badly enough, I will but them at 35, if not I will wait and watch the market till some come on at the correct price.

Options *** 1. would be to buy some duplicate cards and try your luck for 15 creds.
2. Run some trade routes to help pay for what you need like the rest of us. I know, it will make some feel a bit vulnerable, but its part of the game.

As for me, I buy packs weekly and only buy from market when the price is what I want to pay.

I find it odd though, that its unfair to make certain groups pay 15 mil for voodoo that they have the option to buy, but its ok to make other groups loose 20 million to the same group in an hour, but that's fair to do at will.

As a person who doesn't raid OR play in the markets, I would argue three things:. 1. they are both mechanics in the game designed to make money. 2. The mechanics aren't set up for pirates to make millions a day contrary to belief (turn caps, skirmish caps) As Will said, you cant throw voodoo all over every day and expect to make a profit, that goes for all players. 3.They are both fair play or neither is fair play, you cant only side with one group loosing their swag and not the other.

Sound to me like the people who manipulate the markets are also Pirates, and pirates STEAL SHIT right?
Remember...
You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin it once!
The Lamb

Postby Stan Rogers » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:31 pm

A pure pirates ability to earn is somewhat restricted I will admit.
You got your skirmish (limited) plunder scavenging on lit up (in)active and tossing voodoo.

The third option cost money and therefore the ROI is severely curtailed. Basic mechanics of the game.
Traders also are limited income by ship count, officers, market prices and active pirates.
Ship builders are limited with turns and selling berths unless they spend credits.

Gold Smiths are limited by market pricing and max production limits

Warehousing is limited by the warehouse price alone to upsize.

Banking provides almost no income stream and is a huge money sink however it pays in other ways besides raw gold coin or credits.

Plantations have a number of limitations and variables as well. Probably the most variable income stream available in game.

Everything has an earnings cap and to try to be a 'pure' anything is restricting your income stream.
Stan Rogers

Postby Lil Lola » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:05 pm

Well since it was pointed out on the boycott topic that some people store their gold coin on the CRX which as Dez is against the rules. How about a 30 return on all orders not placed. Because of the supply and demand that’s probably not helping the situation. I mean it probably won’t stop dishonest people from doing so anyway but if their timing is off karma will bite them in the butt a bit.
Lil Lola

Postby Argo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:33 pm

You keep referring to pirates - this is not just about pirates!!

I would think everyone would want what is in the best interest of the game to be a priority.

You do realise you don't actually win a prize for winning PG or having more credits than anyone else?

Winning here is whatever you make it be - So if snaffling up and hoarding as many credits as you can just bc you can and manipulating the markets in this way where it damages others players interest, congrats - you won PG!! Yay for you!!

Now step aside, level things up and let some noobs get in there and have a crack too .. xD Who was that big fat thing in that movie... oh I remember Jabba - lol -Image

It's a game for everyone. Some aspects have become exclusive.
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:48 pm

As the CRX currently has no credits for sale at any price, following a period in which the current cap of 500k (yes, there is a cap already) has been met for several weeks now :

Quite how will instituting an even lower cap encourage credit sales when the current maximum of 500k is not encouraging any sales at all?
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions