Capping Credit Market Price

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Capping Credit Market Price

Postby Shadowood » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:22 pm

I would love to hear other players thoughts on the current state of the Credit Market. My own personal opinion is that it is F*cking Broken.

Now, in real life I am all for a free and fair market. If someone is willing to pay a certain price for "goods and services" then by all means sell it at that price. Now someone will argue that we are doing this now with the credit market. Yes, players are buying, selling and even trading credits everyday. I would say we have a Free market, but I would strongly argue that it is Fair.

Currently players can Buy a credit for $450,000 gc. I believe this is an unrealistic and unfair price for the player base, especially for any new player joining the game. I would like to suggest that we cap the max value of credits to $250,000 gc each.

Again, would love for other players to join in on this topic. What other suggestions do you have?
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Re: Capping Credit Market Price

Postby Henry Avery » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:27 pm

I agree. Not much to add, just that I agree.
digna factis recipimus
Henry Avery

Postby Meliva » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:29 pm

I rarely check the credit market myself, but it's both in a way surprising yet not surprising that the credit price is that high. I remember when they were on average only about 300K or less. My guess is market manipulation, with folks constantly pushing the price higher and higher. But yeah, capping the market to a maximum and a minimum price would solve that. Meanwhile, banks can still charge whatever they want for their prices, so that way it gives a little more incentive to own a high level bank.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby PFH » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:31 pm

If we were to cap the price, then what would be the purpose of also cutting down the price of a credit by a tenth of its worth (this has been a popular suggestion in the past, I’m sure will get implemented at some point.)

Wouldn’t that suggestion in the past do the same thing, making credits worth less than they are now?
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby Argo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:32 pm

Ditto. Its absurd. The cost of a raid is extraordinary now. I need about 15m to even cover voodoo before I start plundering .. Lucky to get that back. Used to be 20+M was decent days work and worth the set-up costs.
Now 20M is almost a lottery win unless the big big vets get lit - there is little profit.
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby Haron » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:33 pm

I am strongly opposed to this. In my opinion, the market is both free and fair, and works well.

Also, remember how credits were traded before we got the market. People would trade credits still. We agreed on a price, then I sent you credits, and you sent me gold. If we break the credit market, which we would do with such a cap, then that is what we'd return to.

Also, with such a cap, would anyone really be willing to sell credits that cheap? I highly doubt it.

Credits have the price they do because that is what people are willing to pay for credits. That's what credits are worth. It's really that simple.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby PFH » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:34 pm

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5314#p93697

I believe this will solve the credit price problems in the future. This topic links to an approved suggestion, and this is an add on to my previous post.
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:10 pm

the market was one of the contributing factors to why i quit spending cash not the big reason but just one of them
of course there will be those who oppose and those will be one of the ones creating the issue
i mentioned its manipulation within my 2nd month being here
i disagree that the price is what people want to pay but because of several players its the price folks are forced to pay ... there is a difference :D

im set up to not care one way or the other but market manipulation does strangle growth of the game and newbs
its a way to manufacture how certain people want the game played
change my mind
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Argo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:16 pm

100% :P

Dmanwuzhere wrote:i disagree that the price is what people want to pay but because of several players its the price folks are forced to pay ... there is a difference :D

change my mind
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby William Pitt » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:20 pm

t's a free market and it works as how a free market is supposed to.

1. If the price cap is changed players will return to/create an informal market.

2. Any cap lower than the current selling price would be binding. Thus would force players to sell at the cap or leave the market, that is neither fair nor "free". It would also yield worst results than now. Who would be willing to sell below the highest price available?

3. Supply and demand brought the prices to where they are now. If the cap is reduced then players will simply pull their credits from the market and sell privately at the same price.

And, as a few of us have no time for such trivial activity we will stop selling altogether. Less sellers mean those willing to sell (informal market) have more command on the price. A market cap might actually result in higher prices.

Let the market act as a market. Prices fluctuate, buy low, sell high, no intervention is needed. :pirateflag
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
William Pitt

Next

Return to Suggestions