~~~Community Post - Solutions - Discussion~~~

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: ~~~Community Post - Solutions - Discussion~~~

Postby sXs » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:53 pm

The rules governing forum post are not posted "Openly for all to see" in the tavern.

Go to the rules governing Uoh.

How many clicks do you have to make to get to them? How easy is it to find? Now imagine today is your first day in PG and you want to check out the forums.
sXs

Postby DezNutz » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:53 pm

If you are seeking further discussion on the matter, than this is not a suggestion and thus still needs to be in General Discussion. Suggestion topics are to be ideas that are for the most part complete and with details for approval/implementation.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby sXs » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:56 pm

DezNutz wrote:If you are seeking further discussion on the matter, than this is not a suggestion and thus still needs to be in General Discussion. Suggestion topics are to be ideas that are for the most part complete and with details for approval/implementation.

Ahhhhh so now you decide to put on your player development team lead hat and act professionally. Maybe you should have done that before you posted your initial response to this thread.
sXs

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:02 pm

DezNutz wrote:If you are seeking further discussion on the matter, than this is not a suggestion and thus still needs to be in General Discussion. Suggestion topics are to be ideas that are for the most part complete and with details for approval/implementation.

Is this the time for you to say "NO- i dont think so." and cast an insult or two..
Or act in a superior or and defensive manner towards our punters? I love ya Dez.. but the community has asked for this to be addressed also.

Why would ppl make any suggestions if the response is as above? Im thinking the punters should feel keen to come and ask questions or put forth a suggestion without ridicule.

So consider yourself moderated.. Be nice, Dez. Warning issued.
LOL
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby DezNutz » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:04 pm

sXs wrote:The rules governing forum post are not posted "Openly for all to see" in the tavern.

So when you join a forum, you don't go read the forum rules before posting?

How do player know what any of the rules are for posting in the forums, if they aren't openly posted for all to see?

DezNutz

Postby sXs » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:06 pm

DezNutz wrote:So because you honestly never look at the tags, we should come up with a new feature/setup/conveyance, even though the game already provides the information openly for all to see.

As for the wiki, I simply provided where to find the link in game as well as the direct url. I'm not sure why you are trying to make some kind of argument out of it.

And to address why the wiki link is located where it is, the original intent was to have the wiki replace the "Help" at the bottom of the screen once the wiki was more complete. As the wiki is far from being sufficient to replace the Help, the link was placed only inside the Help page.

While I have been playing this game for years, you are assuming that I remember where everything is at and that I think that everyone else should also know. I've had to ask where links are located recently. I'm not against suggestions of improvement or helping those that need it.

However, when the suggestion being made is clearly already displayed openly right next to the referenced point, not hidden away in some back corner via multiple layers of pages and links, then yes I will treat it the same as someone making an "easy button" suggestion.

Would you please get the **** over yourself and read it for what it is. It was a suggestion made in good faith to try and help solve an issue that has been identified by the community. If you don't like it fine, but there is no reason for the damn condescending replies.

I made the suggestion in good faith after private discussions with a few people. I gave the reasoning for it and the reasoning is valid. Now I understand as your role as a representative of Administration of this game, you may see it as trivial, but the least you could do is act in a professional manner AS A REP of Administration and not put down the people trying to help solve the issue.

Maybe this is exactly why we are in this place to begin with. If your response and attitude are indicative of the response to an issue the players themselves have identified.... then the playerbase is absolutely correct in having no faith whatsoever in any sort of change ever happening becausew the ALL POWERFUL Dez said so.
sXs

Postby PFH » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:11 pm

Talking down is a common tactic he does. All knowing, not sure on that part. Perhaps it’s just the way he comes across.

I believe the first time someone posts, or joins the forums, there should be a prompt that takes them directly to the rules, that they checkmark saying they have read and understood the forum rules, and will abide by them. Kinda like a ToS.

Edit: whomever edited the personal, I’m going to put it back, because there’s a quote from before in this thread that has personal and nothing was changed. Sorry not sorry, I’m allowed to do it since Meliva OK’d it.

Edit for the 2nd time: Meliva ok’d it. I will not hesitate to bring you up on terms of bias forum moderation. Cut the shit out. Whomever is doing it, I’m not saying names as that’s baiting.
Last edited by PFH on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby DezNutz » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:38 pm

I did read what was written. On it's face value the "suggestion" was asking for something that's in plain view next to the title of the topic. No elaboration just a short statement of something that already exists clearly right next to the topic.

As you were a former Dev Member and chose to leave on your own recognizant you should know that suggestions should be more than just a one line statement. You know what is required of a suggestion, but I guess that's all that should be needed.

We want this vaguely written idea that on face value already exists. It is what the community wants, so it should be approved and implemented as we want it.

DezNutz

Postby sXs » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:56 pm

First of all I did not write the suggestion, someone else is the author of this thread.

Second .... Yes it is "right nex to" the topic title, but you as a vet know the rules.... new players do not, and new players are not going to page through the rules, and search for Union of Honor to see if the rules are different for that thread than every other thread.

By the way, there is No Union of Honor header in the forum rules either. Go ahead and look. See how long it takes you to find a reference to the union of honor thread....... I will wait.

It has 1 little mention on the end of the Flaming header.

It is not Obvious and easy to find as you claim.

Without understanding this, people may read a Union of honr post first and think that it is the same rules for all threads.

That was what was behind the suggestion, Now as for the completeness of the suggestion, you should take that up with the author of the thread. I simply supplied the reasoning for it after discussion with other as I stated.

Try and find another excuse to justify your condescending responses because this one holds no water.

If you, as the all powerful leader of the development team, wish to reject this simply because of "completeness" then go ahead. That is your right. But that will simply reinforce every single complaint that the community has and has stated. You rejected it without even allowing good faith discussion. Funny...... the "completeness argument only came up after the fact. If that was your real reason then it should have been stated first instead of denigrating it.

Good luck with getting any more community involvement.
sXs

Postby Stan Rogers » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:01 pm

Feniks +100 for facts
Deznutz= zero for deflection
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions