~~~Community Post - Solutions - Discussion~~~

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

~~~Community Post - Solutions - Discussion~~~

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:21 am

So here we are - Firstly a huge thank you to everyone for coming together and helping ... There are still a couple we will need in the coming days to add but here are 9 or 10 to start get your discuss on ...

1. Mods need to step up -Acknowledged.

2, Mod sharing opportunities. (Currently with CJ)

3. Letting players know their complaints have been dealt with. (Mel) See Mel's Corner.

4. Players may disengage their conversation with the antagonist and use the report button.

5. Separate Header for UoH. ( A recent survey showed 100% of the punters asked said they never looked at which forum the link that takes their eye) is in. Would this help? If not.. suggest.

6. Display link to the forum rules on Tavern Page/Add link from Help Guides to 'parlay' forum.

7. One forum to be Highly moderated - 'Parlay' if you like - For game discussion and help.

8. Torrid/ All Flaming to be kept to UoH.

9. Players have asked about where things are at with the Wiki? (... have not put this on the table at all yet - but posting it here anyway as it came in late after I started this post...)

MELS CORNER:

1. Best we can do is make sure everyone get's a chance to speak, and offer ideas, as well as treat everyone the same with no bias.

2. Something I was thinking of asking was if the community on the whole would prefer mods to be less lenient, and quicker to issue punishments.
Though make sure to clarify that if we do decide to be less lenient, that will apply to everyone- not just the usual troublemakers

3, I went through old messages I've had with CJ, and checked mod forums a bit. After doing that, I think that a few things that can be done immediately, is that when an action is taken from a report, that we can notify the person who made the report that an action was taken, so long as we do not blab about what action we took. That way we are still being confidential but letting folks know something was done.

4. Does the community want a new area for 'Parlay" .. Do we make use of the areas set aside already?

So get to it folks and help us make the forum something you want to look forward to when you log in.

Cheers to ya scallies and wenches .. and thanks again!!

Mel, Dez and Argo...
Thank you to the other Mods and non mods, lovers of PG for input, guidance, discussion and ideas and giving your time to try and fix this.
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Re: ~~~Community Post - Solutions - Discussion~~~

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:47 am

awww man i thought i was an unusual trouble maker turns out I'm just a normal one .... but I swearz i self identify as a speshul and unusual troublemaker... i don't have proof but my momma said it so you can take it to the bank or preach it like it was the gospel.... don't believe me? mommas don't lie.... look at that feller over there his momma said he was a girl and poof he's a she.... mom power :D

I appreciate all the time put into this and while some things could change the reality of it is, the censorship begged for isn't to better anything.
It's wanted as a tool for revenge and control.
That's fine too.
During this discussion, I got reported and the mods took action. Everyone liked that and continued talking, felt a good start was made, and was happy.
Then I chuckled and reported infractions of quite a few people. some I liked and some I disliked, all of them were handled.
It didn't matter what "side" folks lined up on or who had seniority, wore a dress, was vegan, disabled, or any other politically correct hot button, every person who violated the rules was addressed.
I really don't see how you can ask for more.
The moderation works as it should.

Sure, they can moderate without being called on to do it, but here's the simple fact of the matter, you cant control speech that offends you.
Every thought can be verbalized or textualized in a manner to offend you and still fall within the bounds of the rules.
Hate speech when defined as speech you hate cannot be controlled.
That's just how it is.

The whole argument, of players, shouldn't have to report, falls flat when you expect everyone to agree with how you interpret a statement.
I rarely report things simply because I know the world will never be my safe space so I don't have to like, agree with or even care enough about
what someone else says to ruin my day.
Now, I know you see cancel culture working every day and it gets you hype when you're sticking it to the man.
But this is a game and while the players are real and bonds are formed it isn't real.
Quit trying to control other people, if that's what it takes to make your game fun....,
you're doing it wrong.
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Meliva » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:28 am

a quick little heads up, something I found out, is that, when making a report, you can choose to be notified when the report is dealt with. After testing it out, I have found that, despite closing/deleting said report, no notification was sent. This, I think may have been where a lot of the issues with folks thinking reporting does nothing came from, as I think this to be a bug. CJ has been sent a message about it, so hopefully that will solve that issue. Until that issue is solved, mods will try to remember to send a manual message-either in game or in forum to let you know the report was seen, and handled.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby DezNutz » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 pm

So I'll address two points.

Argo wrote:5. Separate Header for UoH. ( A recent survey showed 100% of the punters asked said they never looked at which forum the link that takes their eye) is in. Would this help? If not.. suggest.

I find this to be both unnecessary and just an excuse to make a complaint. The forum that the topic is posted in is already visibly posted on the Tavern Page. Adding some additional header or modifier because you can't be bothered to look to the right of the topic link on the Tavern Page is completely unnecessary. If you aren't paying attention, that is your own fault.

Argo wrote:9. Players have asked about where things are at with the Wiki? (... have not put this on the table at all yet - but posting it here anyway as it came in late after I started this post...)

The wiki.

A link to the wiki can be found in the Game Help or you can go directly to it via https://wiki.piratesglory.com

As for it's status, it's an on going project. It was meant to be a community collaborative, but few have actually contributed. As such a lot of data still needs to be added. If you want to help out with it, you can reach out to me in game #54689 or within our SLACK Channel #wikidev
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby sXs » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:56 pm

DezNutz wrote:So I'll address two points.

Argo wrote:5. Separate Header for UoH. ( A recent survey showed 100% of the punters asked said they never looked at which forum the link that takes their eye) is in. Would this help? If not.. suggest.

I find this to be both unnecessary and just an excuse to make a complaint. The forum that the topic is posted in is already visibly posted on the Tavern Page. Adding some additional header or modifier because you can't be bothered to look to the right of the topic link on the Tavern Page is completely unnecessary. If you aren't paying attention, that is your own fault.

Argo wrote:9. Players have asked about where things are at with the Wiki? (... have not put this on the table at all yet - but posting it here anyway as it came in late after I started this post...)

The wiki.

A link to the wiki can be found in the Game Help or you can go directly to it via https://wiki.piratesglory.com

As for it's status, it's an on going project. It was meant to be a community collaborative, but few have actually contributed. As such a lot of data still needs to be added. If you want to help out with it, you can reach out to me in game #54689 or within our SLACK Channel #wikidev

I disagree.... surprise surprise.....

First of all, you passive aggressive response was completely unnecessary. I was the one the suggested this and for good reason.

"I find this to be both unnecessary and just an excuse to make a complaint. The forum that the topic is posted in is already visibly posted on the Tavern Page. Adding some additional header or modifier because you can't be bothered to look to the right of the topic link on the Tavern Page is completely unnecessary. If you aren't paying attention, that is your own fault."

I honestly never even look at the tags, I look at the topic and that is it. "Can't be bothered"??? maybe that is the whole issue we need to deal with here. The attitude of the Mods. Calling people out for simply making a suggestion that is based on reason is not the act of someone who should be in control of anything. I find your tone and response both insulting and uncalled for.

Point #2. I have never seen the link for the wiki...... ever. I would think that it should be put in an obvious place for new players to see. This came from Seas and Greeting post in the original thread. New player and his first post was about not being able to find the help section. If a new player is saying this, then maybe there is an issue. I thought the whole idea behind a lot of the stuff mods and player development teams do, is to help with player retention. Here you have e new player stating an issue and you are blowing off. You have been in game for over 5 years. You are used to the navigation. If a new player is having an issue finding something as important as a HELP section that was designed specifically for new players, then it is an issue.

........ like I said,...... maybe the rest of us "should not be bothered" to even offer suggestions. After all, that would help you out..... less for you to do in both the forums and the player dev team. No one posts in forums or offers suggestion the problem solves itself doesn't it.
sXs

Postby sXs » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:15 pm

I forgot to state my reason for the UoH header.

Very simple .... Union of Honor is the only thread that has separate rules governing conduct. The rules for Union of honor are in the forum rules section itself not on the tavern page. The only way someone would know the rules are different is to go to the forum board index to see the rules. That link is not provided in the tavern. only the general "Go to Forums" link.

New players do not and probably will not know or understand the separation unless someone tells them. Separating union of honor thread from the rest, with a brief explanation/warning again makes it easier for new players, and those who have not read the rules, to understand. Without doing this a newer player may see the conduct in UoH and simply assume it is allowed in all threads.

But heh..... maybe everyone should be expected to know what Dez knows from day 1 of playing the game.

........ see I can do the passive aggressive thing as well.
sXs

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:41 pm

Meliva wrote:a quick little heads up, something I found out, is that, when making a report, you can choose to be notified when the report is dealt with. After testing it out, I have found that, despite closing/deleting said report, no notification was sent. This, I think may have been where a lot of the issues with folks thinking reporting does nothing came from, as I think this to be a bug. CJ has been sent a message about it, so hopefully that will solve that issue. Until that issue is solved, mods will try to remember to send a manual message-either in game or in forum to let you know the report was seen, and handled.

Last time I filed a report I didn't get a notification in-game or in the forums, but I did get an email. I'm wondering if many players who notice this issue have email notifications for the forums turned off?
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

Postby DezNutz » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:41 pm

So because you honestly never look at the tags, we should come up with a new feature/setup/conveyance, even though the game already provides the information openly for all to see.

As for the wiki, I simply provided where to find the link in game as well as the direct url. I'm not sure why you are trying to make some kind of argument out of it.

And to address why the wiki link is located where it is, the original intent was to have the wiki replace the "Help" at the bottom of the screen once the wiki was more complete. As the wiki is far from being sufficient to replace the Help, the link was placed only inside the Help page.

While I have been playing this game for years, you are assuming that I remember where everything is at and that I think that everyone else should also know. I've had to ask where links are located recently. I'm not against suggestions of improvement or helping those that need it.

However, when the suggestion being made is clearly already displayed openly right next to the referenced point, not hidden away in some back corner via multiple layers of pages and links, then yes I will treat it the same as someone making an "easy button" suggestion.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Ok I have received a report. :o: I have no idea what I am doing or what I need to do right now. :D

I have sent Mel a message and so we hope to have a response in soon. Please know your report is noted and will be dealt with asap.

It may also be a good time to note :

Once the community decide there are issues that need to be discussed, those issues are taken to the forum for said discussion by the community.
After the community have had their say, it is then time for the dev team to look and review, add comment and or suggestions.

I believe this is the case. With all due respect, not sure any Dev should be veto-ing at this point? IS this where we are up to in the system?
I am new to this so please be patient and help me out...
Please correct me if I am mistaken.

EDIT: I would like to add that we are all mature adults 9most of us) and the use of sarcasm or denigration to respond to topics of discussion is fruitless and gets us nowhere. Can we receive each others ideas with a modicum of respect regardless of our opinion or the knowing of a likely resutl. The process needs to run in a respectful environment and that means we, the admins, mods, devs etc need to lead by example. There is no need for anyone to be rude.
Just sayn.
Thanks
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby sXs » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:51 pm

DezNutz wrote:So because you honestly never look at the tags, we should come up with a new feature/setup/conveyance, even though the game already provides the information openly for all to see.

Where in the tavern page are the rules listed. read my damn explanation for the reasoning and tell me where the fault is in my reasoning. You can't look at it from the point of view of a forum mod or player development team lead who knows how to find everything and how to navigate the forums.

You need to look at it from the point of view of a new player who sees the conduct in a Union of honor post in the tavern. No rules listed on the tavern page in game. The rules governing forum conduct and union of honor are posted in the forums themselves. When you click on a topic it does not take you to the rules, it takes you directly to that thread.

Get over yourself a bit and understand what I am saying and the reasoning for it.
sXs

Next

Return to Suggestions