New Feature - Voyages

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

New Feature - Voyages

Postby Kyle Gunwale » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:29 pm

I think it would be cool to have ships be able to make offline revenue in another way that is not Trade fleets. And the solution would be voyages.

There would be multiple types of voyages that yield different rewards and require different ships (this would make a use for Fluyts or Galleons)
Something like "Chart an Unexplored Island - Looking for Sloops and Galleons" It would take 8-16 hours depending on how good the ships you send are, meaning the better the ships you send, the more time it will take (but better rewards too :D ) so for this example, The Voyage wants sloops and Galleons, so a fleet full of level 10 sloops and galleons will get you the most rewards. Rewards will come in the form of gc and cargo

REWARD TABLE
no wanted ships, all less than level 10 - 3k gc no chance at cargo
no wanted ships, 4 less than level 10 - 5k gc no chance at cargo
no wanted ships, 3 less than level 10 - 8k gc no chance at cargo
no wanted ships, 2 less than level 10 - 8k gc no chance at cargo
no wanted ships, 1 less than level 10 - 10k gc no chance at cargo
no wanted ships, all level 10 or up - 18k gc no chance at cargo

1 wanted ship - gc TBD - medium chance at cargo
2 wanted ships - gc TBD - better chance at cargo
3 wanted ships - gc TBD- 100% cargo
4 wanted ships - gc TBD 100% cargo
5 wanted ships - gc TBD 100% cargo
I still need time to work out a lot of the gc values so post below what fair amounts of gc for voyages would be

Cargo would be different for each voyage, so
(side note, only two ships would be "wanted for a voyage so it would be random between the listed ones)

"explore uncharted island" = Wood | Ships wanted: Fluyt, Brig, Howker, Cutter
"salvage a sunken ship" = iron | Ships wanted: Merchantman, Trade Galleon, Sloop, Large Fluyt
"meet a famous blacksmith" = tools | Ships wanted: Sloop, Cutter
"raid a plantation" = cotton | Ships wanted: Sloop of war, Brigantine, War galleon, Merchantman
"go on a hunting trip" = food | Ships wanted: Galleon, Large Fluyt, Frigate, Cutter
"party at a tavern till you drop" = rum :beer | Ships wanted: Sloop, Trade Galleon, Galleon, Howker
"destroy a merchant convoy"" = tobacco | Ships wanted: Large Frigate, Sloop of war, Brig of war, Flag galleon
"Fight and plunder a notorious pirate" = gold bars (you get no cargo from this specific voyage unless you have 5 wanted ships in your fleet, and if you have 5 wanted ships, each ship gets 10 gold bars) | Ships wanted: SoL, Frigate, Large Frigate, Sloop of War, MoW, Flag Galleon

Cargo from voyages would only be stored on ships that are wanted for the voyage, so if the voyage wants sloops and your fleet only has 3 sloops, those sloops are the only ships that will get cargo from the voyage. Looking at the table for the wanted ships, there are no levels... this is because the level of the wanted ship determines how much cargo you get.

level 1-4, 35% of total ships cargo
levels 5-9, 55% of total cargo
level 10, 90% of total cargo
level 11, full cargo

I think this would be a good way to make money and cargo without having to set up a trade fleet. There would be consequences to this of course, :xx you can't be a pirate and expect everything to go great!!

Here are some events that could happen instead of you completing the voyage
explore an uncharted island - "your explorers went to the wrong island!" gain nothing, lose nothing, "your explorers were met by a hostile tribe" gain nothing, lose 5 crew on each ship of the voyage, "your explorers narrowly escaped an enemy fleet" keep all cargo and gc from voyage, fleet gains 10 danger

salvage a sunken ship - "another crew got here before you" Gain nothing, lose nothing "A kraken was living inside the ship and attacked your fleet!" gain nothing, all ships on voyage lose 5 crew and take 50% damage" "A storm struck your fleet" keep all cargo and gc, each ship takes 25% damage

meet a famous blacksmith - "the blacksmith was not interested in meeting with you" gain nothing lose nothing "The blacksmith was dead when you arrived!" keep cargo form voyage but don't get any gc

raid a plantation - "The plantation was heavily guarded, so your crew didn't attack" gain nothing lose nothing "the plantation was heavily guarded but you attacked anyways" each ship goes down to 15 crew, but you keep all cargo and gc you would normally get "The plantation was abandoned" only gain half the cargo and gc you would normally get "the plantation had ships protecting it" All ships take 15% damage, and the last ship in your fleet either loses a level, or sinks, no cargo or gc gained

Party at a tavern - "you got so drunk you forgot about the mission" gain nothing lose nothing "the rum you got wasn't even fit for a dog to drink" keep gc lose all cargo

Go on a hunting trip - "The butcher didn't want your meat" keep cargo, lose gc "the crew was lazy and didn't hunt" gain nothing lose nothing "the animals fought back!" each ship loses 5 crew keep gc keep half of the cargo

destroy a merchant convoy - "Our intel was off! This fleet didn't have the cargo we wanted" lose the gc, but get half the wood instead of tobacco "we made peace with this convoy and let them be" gain nothing lose nothing "we made peace with the convoy so they shared some cargo" get half cargo, half gc

fight a notorious pirate - "This pirate was stronger than I expected" Gain nothing, tail ship loses 1 level or sinks "this fleet was a decoy! the real fleet got away" gain nothing, lose nothing "The pirate's flagship was loaded with gunpowder and we hit a sweet spot" Gain extra gc, but lose cargo and each ship take 10% damage

This took long to think of and write so let me know if I should change anything or add anything :chest
Kyle Gunwale :cannon
Kyle Gunwale

Re: New Feature - Voyages

Postby not a pirate » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:01 pm

Kyle Gunwale wrote:I think it would be cool to have ships be able to make offline revenue in another way that is not Trade fleets.

not a pirate

Postby Shadowood » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:32 pm

Or..

Come aboard "H.M.S. Shady AF". Your cruise director will be yours truly SHADOWOOD!

Retail Price: $1,000,000,000
10% Discount Code:( Insert your MoW Ship ID here )

This will be a 30 day trip with 21 ports of call. Departing the 1st of the month, every month.

Excursions are extra:
$350,000 - Take sunset dinner cruise near the port of Seaglory. If you are lucky (or unlucky) you will see the Krakens during mating season. (Adults Only) - Survivor Rate: 73%
$200,000 - Embark on a treasure hunt for Captain DaVinci's Gold in the port of Regis! X marks the spot but beware of booby traps! Keep all you can carry! - Survivor Rate: 94%
$500,000 - Ghost Ship Hunting!! On the back side of the famed port of Tortuga, hides Avonmora's darkest secrets. Brave the fog and jagged rock coastline. Will you catch a glimp of Mordag's fleet?!!? Survivor Rate: 62%
$1,500,000 - Leviathan Harpooning! If you survive you will be a GOD to men! IF.... Survivor Rate: 1%

Non-Refundable deposit of 1,000 credits

We will see you all aboard the H.M.S. SHADY AF!
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby The Lamb » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:51 pm

:D :D :D Thats awesome AF shadow!

Kyle, i believe we have discussed this sort of topic many times and it always gets +1's. Some ideas form the past were special goods you could make, ship experience to upgrade ship points, beast hunting, bounty hunting, treasure hunts, and new discoveries. However, if memory serves, it was also discussed that there would be a % risk of loosing your ships and /or fleets depending on the activity. You know, sailing into the unknown :)

Its always nice to have more content.
Remember...
You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin it once!
The Lamb

Postby DezNutz » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:55 pm

I read through and didn't see anything on this, so if I missed it I apologize...

When a fleet is under voyage, is it still susceptible to voodoo, danger gain, plunder, etc.?
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Kyle Gunwale » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:09 pm

DezNutz wrote:I read through and didn't see anything on this, so if I missed it I apologize...

When a fleet is under voyage, is it still susceptible to voodoo, danger gain, plunder, etc.?

I didn't really think of this, but I think it should still be able to have voodoo cast on it, gain danger and get attacked
Kyle Gunwale :cannon
Kyle Gunwale

Return to Suggestions