Guild banks

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Guild banks

Postby William one eye » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:40 am

I feel like this is like the 3rd or 4th time i have seen this proposed, in one forn or another.

This hurts small guilds where players trust each other to
Manage reasources and help each other voluantarily or abide by set guild guidlines about how to contribute or act under various circumstances.

It makes massive guilds very strong.
As it becomes easy to share and pool reasources.They will also retain any contributions from players that dont stay.

This could be very helpful in a training guild situation,
However in general i think the cons outweight the pros and it would be generally bad for the game.

It could be quite harmful to the markets, depending on what could be banked and shared

2 large issues i see are.

Loss of guild leadership, locking up the bank.

Intentional defraudment by guild leadership of unsuspecting contributors.

This was my response to a previous version of this suggestion.

Re: Guild banks and membership
Postby William one eye » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:06 pm

A guild bank if implemented - should require a default list of guild chain of command - so if the leader of the guild quits the guild and the bank controls are not frozen.

A guild bank should have a weakness - similar to how treasuries have weakness

this is to protect from a few unscrupulous players defrauding a guild full of players - for example a few players form a guild with ill intent,
they then recruit unsuspecting members. Once they have collected a large sum of money in the bank. They kick the recruits and keep the money
for themselves, perhaps even with draw it and dissolve the guild.

possible protections for this may be

-difficulty in kicking depending on how much of ones money is inside the guild bank.
-weakness of the bank vs multi player assault vs only a few players controlling the bank.
- time delay on draws
William one eye

Postby PhoenixKnight » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:31 am

I swear I proposed this before a couple of years back. I know I discussed it with a few of the players here before.
In all cases +1
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Postby Lachlan » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:23 am

William one eye wrote:I feel like this is like the 3rd or 4th time i have seen this proposed, in one forn or another.

This hurts small guilds where players trust each other to
Manage reasources and help each other voluantarily or abide by set guild guidlines about how to contribute or act under various circumstances.

It makes massive guilds very strong.
As it becomes easy to share and pool reasources.They will also retain any contributions from players that dont stay.

This could be very helpful in a training guild situation,
However in general i think the cons outweight the pros and it would be generally bad for the game.

It could be quite harmful to the markets, depending on what could be banked and shared

2 large issues i see are.

Loss of guild leadership, locking up the bank.

Intentional defraudment by guild leadership of unsuspecting contributors.

This was my response to a previous version of this suggestion.

Re: Guild banks and membership
Postby William one eye » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:06 pm

A guild bank if implemented - should require a default list of guild chain of command - so if the leader of the guild quits the guild and the bank controls are not frozen.

A guild bank should have a weakness - similar to how treasuries have weakness

this is to protect from a few unscrupulous players defrauding a guild full of players - for example a few players form a guild with ill intent,
they then recruit unsuspecting members. Once they have collected a large sum of money in the bank. They kick the recruits and keep the money
for themselves, perhaps even with draw it and dissolve the guild.

possible protections for this may be

-difficulty in kicking depending on how much of ones money is inside the guild bank.
-weakness of the bank vs multi player assault vs only a few players controlling the bank.
- time delay on draws

how about having a days delay if players have money in a bank or something or you have a option when you get kicked out to take all your money or leave a certain percentage behind as a thank you. Or have a percentage like say 20 percent that is left in the guild bank if you are kicked out
Lachlan

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:31 pm

lol why would someone kicked out feel like leaving a tip
and why would a guild be rewarded for kicking players
talk like that is why it wouldnt be allowed
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Cutpurse » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 pm

i dont see why guilds should not have banks or treasuries, as long as other guilds have some means to exctract money from it too. tiny amounts could be lost from bank, if guilds member is succesfully plundered or skirmished, with minimum/maximum values?
Cutpurse

Postby PhoenixKnight » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:41 am

Guilds in other games can offer their players resources. In PG, this would translate to gc, warehouse merchandise, migrants, and even ships.
Guild banks should only be the first step.
It should be followed by guild warehouse, guild plantation, guild marina, guild academy, ...etc
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Postby William one eye » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:15 am

PhoenixKnight wrote:Guilds in other games can offer their players resources. In PG, this would translate to gc, warehouse merchandise, migrants, and even ships.
Guild banks should only be the first step.
It should be followed by guild warehouse, guild plantation, guild marina, guild academy, ...etc

Rendering all new startup guilds unable to do anything and
Locking the existing status quo.
Exactly why i dont play some other games.
William one eye

Postby Lachlan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:08 am

Dmanwuzhere wrote:lol why would someone kicked out feel like leaving a tip

not rewarded for kicking players but a risk that part of a players money would get stolen if they get kicked out. Like in Torn how if you get kicked out you can't get your money back from the faction bank.
Lachlan

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:07 am

Kim Jong Un wrote:
Dmanwuzhere wrote:lol why would someone kicked out feel like leaving a tip

not rewarded for kicking players but a risk that part of a players money would get stolen if they get kicked out. Like in Torn how if you get kicked out you can't get your money back from the faction bank.

in torn i never used a faction bank
i used the cayman island bank until i bought my private island and put a large vault in it

the idea of a guild profiting from kicking a player in pg would be considered milking
torn is all about thievery on a different level than here and the sum you could steal from a noob there would not be what its worth here
a 100 mil in torn would only take about 10 million to make and a bit of time flying
whereas here 100m takes far longer to earn and its value is far more than what it is in torn
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:22 pm

I would suggest the guild financial structure work more as a national treasury than a bank, particularly if PK's suggestion of plantations, ships and marinas are also a part of the mix.

A difference may be in how it is funded - rather than taxes, dues could be used, but these would be inadequate. I suggest selling a bond. The guild could sell bonds that pays interest, with principle returned after a certain period of time, or renewed as a new bond. (This could also be done with nations). Anyone in PG could buy a bond, not just the guild members.

The guild treasury could use a similar voting system to issue bonds and to allocate the funds to members and guild projects.

The risk is if the treasury of the guild goes into default.

This, of course, would kill the bank lending program - so perhaps there is a way to bring a new feature to our current bank system.

The answer would be to sell the bonds through the banking system. Guild accounts could be added rather than just individuals. Guilds could have many accounts. Using the bank account to receive revenue thru dues, or plantations, etc. as well as pay obligations such as rent and allocations.

A Guild Account Tech could be added in the hideout, to allow for the addition of guild accounts. This would would allow for larger accounts than individuals. The tech would be like Cunning Accountants, and require substantial investment.

These are simply ideas to ponder...
Sir Henry Morgan

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions