Guild banks

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Guild banks

Postby Anne_bonny » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Señor Bigote wrote:We are in a global pandemic. People can and will go inactive for health reasons related to the hellish nightmare that is COVID. That has nothing to do with how loyal someone is to playing the game. Even the most loyal players can get sick, become hospitalized or much worse.

:pirateflag
Anne_bonny

Postby Soliel » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:03 pm

+1, for reasons stated above
[Your Ad Here! 250k GC/week]
Soliel

Postby Windy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:37 pm

+1, haven't played in a while but sounds like a good idea
Windy

Postby not a pirate » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:11 pm

Is there any point for this? You can just use a normal bank but tailor it to your specific guild.

Instead of putting almost all of your eggs in one basket, spread them out. Seems like a simple solution for one person crippling a guild on the basis of his/her activity or the lack thereof. Perhaps some guild functionality can be built into already existing features, such as the banker being able to appoint a few trusted souls to be able to manage some funds in the event of 30+ days of inactivity or something, but I don't think this is a pressing matter or one that is specifically needed at the moment.

And to whoever said guild voodoo storage... I'm concerned.
not a pirate

Postby Haron » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:47 pm

DezNutz wrote:There are benefits to having a Guild Treasury/Bank, but I do see potential issues with it. A lot of details would need to be worked out.

Yes, I agree. I definitely see benefits to this, and think most guilds find ad hoc solutions. So a guild bank would be a good idea. Yet, like Deznutz, I too see potential issues, unfortunately. Hopefully they can be overcome, though.

Oh, and a "guild voodoo storage" would NOT be good, in my opinion. Sorry, madshan :)
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Argo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:43 pm

What about an agreement between banker (where guild funds are stored) and Guilds for incoming GMs?

eg - 'BANKERS' GUILD AGREEMENT'
The bank could charge a ***WEE fee for this service too - everybody wins, no?
An agreement (rule/guideline) btgwn banks and guilds to reset the account in the event of new GM, giving new GM authority over the acct. It would simply be a case of the banker transferring funds btwn gm accts.
Could that work?

Edit: Reconsider. "Think about it. Pirate game. LOL."
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby Stan Rogers » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:38 am

I know its been shot down before however I have always been convinced the good would outweigh the bad. Especially in helping finance new players to where they are 'hooked" The game does appear rather daunting to a new player who gets no financial aid.

Why could there not be a "business account" be available from the banking system.
Safeguards for abuse could be imposed and also monitored.
Further safeguards could be imposed such as the bank of the guild cannot be owned by a member of the same guild.
GC Limits could be easily set.
Access to the guild bank could be regulated from the guild management permissions page allowing more than 1 guild member access.
That said....not going to happen for reasons I be not aware of.
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby Madshan » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:10 am

Last edited by Madshan on Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
T'zak Ryn First and Forever
Madshan

Postby Axy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:42 pm

This would probably ruin loans...
And I dont see players investing cr on something that could just disapear if the guild is disbanded... but maybe I just need new glasses...
If the idea is to pay for protective voodoo, you can it without this.
Would this creat a necessary guild fee to be apart of said guild? Uhmmmm guilds arent exactly make to profit like trading companies would be...

I am not against (although the loans thing makes me wonder). It doesnt seem like it is useful.

I would say trading companies are better, if it wasnt for pirates being able to be apart of it too, how would you raid it? And most ports startin to have worst buy/sell prices because of how easy it would be for big players to buy captains. And maybe a few other things.

But if everyone likes it, who am I to be against.
Axy

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:30 pm

Bumping because I believe this is a great idea that should be discussed some more
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions