Guild banks

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Guild banks

Postby Lod » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:56 pm

I have found that guilds could benefit from having a bank of their own for the purpose of reimbursing members for voodoo used to help other members and to help financing projects in the interest of the guild. We have this already but at present managed by a member who now got inactive for unknown reasons. A big loss of funds for us if he does not return.
Such a guild bank should be managed by whomever is guildmaster or by the guildmaster appointed guild member. Access to that bank should change in the same manner as transfer of the guild. A page where the guildmaster can set diffrent appointments like bank manager and who takes over the guild if the guildmaster does go inactive for a set time should fix inactivity problems I belive. Especially in times like this with a rampant virus going around people might get too sick to play for a long time or even worse.

Sincerly

Lod
Lod

Re: Guild banks

Postby Shadowood » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:06 pm

+1

As most know this is not the first time this has been suggested. It is needed and I can see some cool stuff that can tie into a guild bank. Just search past suggestions and you’ll see
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Madshan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:06 pm

Last edited by Madshan on Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
T'zak Ryn First and Forever
Madshan

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:17 pm

+1

As Lodswe said, if the person who holds the guild money goes inactive (which is what has happened) then potentially hundreds of millions of gold coins are lost.
Leo the Conqueror

Postby DezNutz » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Madshan wrote:[ +1 ]

Can you have multiple managers for instance similar to country councils? Then you will have redundancy in case of unexpected inactivity.

Also can it be possible to store guild Voodoo for the same reasons.

Storing/Sharing guild Voodoo is not going to happen. That is DOA.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Anne_bonny » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:21 pm

It sounds like you just need a better crew. Pirates have something similar, we call it a tribute :pirateflag
Anne_bonny

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:23 pm

We are in a global pandemic. People can and will go inactive for health reasons related to the hellish nightmare that is COVID. That has nothing to do with how loyal someone is to playing the game. Even the most loyal players can get sick, become hospitalized or much worse.
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

Postby William Pitt » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Lod wrote:Such a guild bank should be managed by whomever is guildmaster or by the guildmaster appointed guild member. Access to that bank should change in the same manner as transfer of the guild. A page where the guildmaster can set diffrent appointments like bank manager and who takes over the guild if the guildmaster does go inactive for a set time should fix inactivity problems

+1

This has been suggested multiple times, would be a great addition to the game.
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
William Pitt

Postby DezNutz » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:25 pm

There are benefits to having a Guild Treasury/Bank, but I do see potential issues with it. A lot of details would need to be worked out.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Argo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Madshan wrote:[ +1 ]

Can you have multiple managers for instance similar to country councils? Then you will have redundancy in case of unexpected inactivity.

Also can it be possible to store guild Voodoo for the same reasons.

You cant have a number of ppl accessing the account. Think about it. Pirate game. LOL.
+1..default to GM incase of absence is good idea
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Next

Return to Suggestions