Foundry - New Building & New Market

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Foundry - New Building & New Market

Postby DezNutz » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:45 am

BUMPING because I can. Also would like to get some new community input.

Yeah this is old, but the base idea is still good. The problem I'm having is that this was suggested before Ship Traits. Ship Traits brought in a whole new dynamic and a suggestion such as this should take Traits into account.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby William one eye » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:57 am

This is pretty far off the orginal idea
But its an ecosystem for the original idea to fit within.

Players should be able to open and upgrade factories.

Small single player run factories could produce,
Equipable items such as weapons, armor, personal fashions or jewlery, that could be equiped by players to yeild bonuses in trade, combat or other aspects of the game.

Larger factories could produce upgrades such as weapons armor, cargo racks, shipboard gantries, fishing nets, sails ect, that could be equipped to yeild bonus above ship traits or to yeild improvments that ship traits do not such as improved fishing or wreck hunting.

Huge factories could also produce materials to build forts and civic structures for nations. Items such as block, morter, cannons, gates, ect. If forts or civic structures ever come to pass.

Perhaphs some of these huge factories could require multi player coordination to operate.

The related hideout building could be a busness office.
This could be developed similarly to the academy.
You need the office to open and upgrade various manufacturing companies. Each type of manufacturing being a different development tree. The foundry suggestion would be an example of one company on the tree you can open.

A level 10 office might be a prerequisite to start a larger type of factory. Similar to how you must complete your bank to start accountants.

For a huge factory it may require several players with level 20 offices to tream up and start a company.

Products would then be sold in the markets like cargo.

You are able to operate a factory in your hideout and sell items to that market, but to operate and sell at other ports might require permissions and might be subject to nation laws and taxes

A company could run and sell direct in any port in which a company partner has a hideout. But otherwise would be similarly subject to nation laws.
William one eye

Postby Henry Avery » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:22 pm

i like this idea. good job will one eye
digna factis recipimus
Henry Avery

Previous

Return to Suggestions