Hideout Building: Witch Hut

We are always looking for ways to improve the game. In fact, since the beginning player suggestions had played a major part in game design.

We read all suggestions.

Re: Hideout Building: Witch Hut

Postby Shadowood » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:58 pm

I wouldnt want all 90 voodoo cards to be able to craft. I would pick those that are sellable and in demand for each class.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Haron » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:12 pm

That would make the good and valuable cards more accessible and less worth on the market, Shadowood. I do not think that is a good idea. I think the hut should be all about new, legendary cards.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Captain dungeness » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:49 pm

It's been a long while since I thought about the Witch Hut feature... but I agree with most of what Dez said (quote below).
The part I disagree with is how it's built: I think it needs to be a building just like all the other buildings except with a max level of 10 (to allow expansion by adding more levels in the future when more legendary voodoo is added). It would be odd that a building doesn't use one of your Mansion's fields while all other buildings occupy a field. Here is how I would envision it based on Dez's idea:

It works like the Private Marina- you upgrade it with resources for more recipe slots. Instead of a "dock" button it would have a "research" button that allows you to choose one card for that slot and research it over the next 10 days (cost 1,000 gold bars?). The research can be hastened with turns or abandoned to research a different recipe. Each time a recipe is abandoned the slot is freed up for researching at the same price as before but the resources from the last recipe are used up.

When producing; only 1 card can be produced at a time and can't be hastened by turns. Once the "produce" button has been pressed on a researched voodoo recipe it will start producing one card and that recipe can't be abandoned but other recipes can be abandoned and re-researched.

I like the idea to have the Academy level speed up the researching of recipes.

-Captain D

DezNutz wrote:I'm more inclined to this for the Witch Hut:

- Level 1 Only
- Requires Mansion to be constructed but does not use any Hideout Space (Alleviates the need to have Mansions Expanded, but comes so at extra cost to build)
- Building Cost: 20k Wood, 20k Iron, 5k Tools, 20k Gold Bar, 150 Credits, 14 days (Debatable)
- Crafts only Legendary Voodoo.
- Can only craft recipes that you have learned.
- Can only learn (25% or 30%) of total available Legendary Recipes (rounded down)
- Each Recipe has a Learning Cost (150 Credits & 1000 GBs) and Time (10 days) (Cost & Time are debatable)
- Recipes can be Forgotten, but costs cannot be recovered.
- Forgotten recipes can be relearned at cost.
- Every time a recipe is Forgotten, it adds 5% to the base learning time for all recipes.
- Every Academy Level reduces recipe learning time by 2%.
- Can only Craft 1 Card at a time.
- Research and crafting can be done simultaneously.
- Research time can be hastened by turns.
- Crafting time cannot be hastened.
- Resources allocated for crafting are consumed instantly.
- Legendary Cards once crafted can be sold on the Card Market with a maximum starting price of 1 credit. (I like this idea from CJ that we used on Flagships, makes bidding actually competitive.)
- Legendary Cards are immune to Thieving Magpie. (Requires a Legendary version of Thieving Magpie to be stolen)
Captain dungeness

Postby PhoenixKnight » Sun May 21, 2023 7:45 am

Didn't want to start a new thread. But I hope to see this implemented. May be an expansion of the hideout is due? a new building, more technologies or levels would be nice.
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Postby Shadowood » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:57 pm

PhoenixKnight wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread. But I hope to see this implemented. May be an expansion of the hideout is due? a new building, more technologies or levels would be nice.

Is CJ even alive? I think the man, the myth, the legend might have sailed off the edge of the world. Last update of any kind was in October!

I too would love an update. This game has so much great potential for growth. But I am not sure we will see any of the promised updates nor any new suggestions (any time soon).

I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby DezNutz » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:59 pm

Shadowood wrote:
PhoenixKnight wrote:Didn't want to start a new thread. But I hope to see this implemented. May be an expansion of the hideout is due? a new building, more technologies or levels would be nice.

Is CJ even alive? I think the man, the myth, the legend might have sailed off the edge of the world. Last update of any kind was in October!

I too would love an update. This game has so much great potential for growth. But I am not sure we will see any of the promised updates nor any new suggestions (any time soon).

Yeah CJ is still alive. Received a message from him last week. Haven't heard anything about an updates so I don't know.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Previous

Return to Suggestions