Annex (Rare)

Here you can find all Voodoo card suggestions that have been disapproved

Annex (Rare)

Postby Donald Trump » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:49 pm

Turns - 3
Max cast per 24 hours - 5
Only level 1s can be sent
When hit, ship is sunk regardless of howmany ships target player owns.

A reverse of Commandeer

Gifts target ship to player.

I see this card interesting for it could work for trading ships, as well, pirate strategy.
Last edited by Donald Trump on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Re: Annex (Rare)

Postby PhoenixKnight » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:52 pm

I don't get how different it is from commandeer
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Postby Donald Trump » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:54 pm

PhoenixKnight wrote:I don't get how different it is from commandeer

It would be a strategy card for a pirate. If there are no more fleets to hit. They gift a ship + ravage + hit.

As well, a fill in for commandeering, another way to trade ships.
Donald Trump

Postby Shadowood » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:07 pm

I feel "gifting" ships is not the best idea for the game. Yes there are ways to do it currently, but you need the proper voodoo. I see this card could be abused in gifting new members ships or returning players with ships. I don't feel this is how the game should be played. Most/All of what you do in the game should be earned.

I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Donald Trump » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Shadowood wrote:I feel "gifting" ships is not the best idea for the game. Yes there are ways to do it currently, but you need the proper voodoo. I see this card could be abused in gifting new members ships or returning players with ships. I don't feel this is how the game should be played. Most/All of what you do in the game should be earned.

There are limitations.... And they are quite stern, that if you gave to new members, then it wouldn't be so much. As well, you can gift unlimited gold, and gold buys credits, which buys voodoo which gives resources and turns and everything needed to make a ship as well.
Donald Trump

Postby PhoenixKnight » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Ramen noodles wrote:

It would be a strategy card for a pirate. If there are no more fleets to hit. They gift a ship + ravage + hit.

No pirate would really do that. As an old player, I might give a ship to someone via commandeer or as a shipbuilder I can sell a ship with specific attributes but the way you are suggesting it make no sense to me.
Phoenix Knight
PhoenixKnight

Postby Donald Trump » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:18 pm

PhoenixKnight wrote:
Ramen noodles wrote:

No pirate would really do that. As an old player, I might give a ship to someone via commandeer or as a shipbuilder I can sell a ship with specific attributes but the way you are suggesting it make no sense to me.

Say a person is at 400k gold, and you wish to raid their 4 lvl 10 SoTLs + 1 Cutter fleet.

So you gift them 5 lvl 1 solts and then ravage them. Causing them to lose 74.2k gold per hit on the sotl.
Donald Trump

Postby PhoenixKnight » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Ramen noodles wrote:Say a person is at 400k gold, and you wish to raid their 4 SoTL + 1 Cutter fleet.

So you gift them 5 lvl 1 solts and then ravage them. Causing them to lose 74.2k gold per hit on the sotl.

And how much did it cost you to build/acquire those 5 SOTL? The ROI sucks!
Phoenix Knight
PhoenixKnight

Postby Donald Trump » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:22 pm

PhoenixKnight wrote:
Ramen noodles wrote:Say a person is at 400k gold, and you wish to raid their 4 SoTL + 1 Cutter fleet.

And how much did it cost you to build/acquire those 5 SOTL? The ROI sucks!

That matters on howmuch there is to plunder. 20 credits per level 1 sotl. That is 100 credits. 1 level 10 SOTL = 100 credits (if its 60 points, that is a ROI right there, 300 credits). 4 = 400 credits. 300 credits profit. But of course, this is a brief explaination, not factoring in other voodoo used, as well if there are more fleets to plunder.
Donald Trump

Postby Shadowood » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:26 pm

So you want to use this card not for helping players, but use it offensively? "Gift" a player a SOLT, then Ravage it so you can drain their treasury fast? Boy that is some "gift"

If that is your intent, than this is a -1000. Why would they put such an abusive card in the game? Way to OP.

Again, if I am understanding you right...
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Next

Return to Disapproved Cards