(Rare) Transition of Power

Here you can find all Voodoo card suggestions that have been disapproved

Re: (Rare) Transition of Power

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:11 pm

Actually I think people switching nations is common enough that this card would be pretty useful.
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

Postby Haron » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:33 pm

I think this card will not be useful. It's just a replacement for gold when buying influence. Charity Donations, which is an uncommon card, is far more valuable.

This card is just a "gift certificate" for around 500k influence. Which you could get from 5M gc anyway. It does not let you do anything "new".

Now, if you could target other players with it, it would be something new and more interesting.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Clockwork wrote:Nelson’s case is the only one that’s ever happened :D

Way back when, my then nation was under attack and so I decided to load-up my influence in the most vulnerable port.

Yep.

So I had to do it all over again in the right port. To add vinegar to the salt in the wound, nothing bad happened anyway.

Not near the amount Nelson dropped but it still hurt. It is a truth, any ferk-up has already been ferked-up before... maybe not so publically though.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Meliva » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:17 pm

Señor Bigote wrote:
Clockwork wrote:-1

Unless you pulled a Nelson, I agree with Meliva’s case on it

Ooh that makes me remember this card actually would have been helpful in Nelson's case

No, this card would not have been all that helpful in his case. This card, is a RARE, that costs 24 turns, and has a maximum amount of 900K influence, 10% of which will be lost.

The amount he would need to transfer all that he would need to transfer would be a very large amount. Even if we buffed it to always transfer 1M influence, it would take about what, 60-70 of them? Can't remember his exact influence but it was 60-70M I think. 60-70, casts, at 24 turns each.

It would be like trying switch all the water in one bathtub to another bathtub with a table spoon. Sure, you could do it, but it would be an enormous pain in the arse.

Like Haron said. Charity donation is Uncommon, costs less turns, and is more useful.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby DezNutz » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Voodoo should not be the mechanism for influence to shift from one port to the next.

Disapproved.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Previous

Return to Disapproved Cards