Forgive Nation Debt Law

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: Forgive Nation Debt Law

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Unless I have missed it... debt does not stop you rejoining a nation.. more than 75 hostility stops you and hostility penalty ends once you drop the flag and fades away hourly after that. Once a citizen again then debt will cause the hostility penalty to resume nut only after the next reset. So, plenty of opportunity for the returning citizen to clear their debts before hostility hits 75 and kicks them out again. Even then judicious use of voodoo can delay that point indefinitely.
If the nation feels that the debt should be excused it can vote a pay-out to re-imburse the citizen after they clear it themselves.
I'll agree that having a vote to forgive a debt works too but really whats needed is a mechanism to enforce debts not another way to avoid paying them.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Dauner light » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:21 am

+1 I believe the ability to pardon debts will be nice. That can still be added alongside debt penalties
#1 at weirdness. Yes that's me :D
Dauner light

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:33 am

Again. What benefits are there for a nation in forgiving a debt? None save tidying up list of those who owe debts to it. Why should a nation forgive a debt? If the debtor wishes to rejoin a nation then let them show some honour and clear the debt themselves. Apart from the point as to why any nation would want a citizen back who had already bilked them once, just what purpose is served by it? Debt can not be recovered anyway so it matters not how many names or for what amount are on the debtors list.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Previous

Return to Law Suggestions