War Branding Law

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: War Branding Law

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Too busy to discuss further but there have been many letter of Marque suggestions and i much prefer most of the content within them more than i do this one.
Any nation should be able to give a letter of Marque to anyone and the contracts have the flexibility to maintain control and contractors even earn honor points with nations as proof they are good investments for a letter.
But as usual I get bored with these discussions and find other things to do as the letter was a good idea when it has been brought several times and still has yet to be seriously considered for implementation not to mention i am ready for ship improvements and expansions and find that more important for me to enjoy than being urged to hit people as I do plenty of that without carrots to urge me on. :P :pirateflag
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby The Lamb » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:54 pm

So what about having some sort of National Bounty and to DMANS point, the letter of marquee acting as a national Bounty.

I would say it would have to be:
1. Law that is voted on
2. Has an expiration date
3. Country gets to set % of treasury as a limit
4. Set payout for various attacks
5. Set Payout for type of cards used (with max number of slots)
6. Auto announcement to all when enacted
7. Lowered % of hostility accumulated towards target Nation
8. Must accept contract to participate (this way only those who seek it get paid)
9. Flag Changes Temporarily for those taking part to a Privateer version of the host countries flag (This will allow privateers to stand out for counter attacks). Goes back to normal upon canceling contract, time limit is reached or contract is canceled.
8. King can cancel bounty at any time.

Setting something up like this can allow Nations to set how much can be accessed.
Remember...
You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin it once!
The Lamb

Postby Meliva » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:27 pm

Dmanwuzhere wrote:Too busy to discuss further but there have been many letter of Marque suggestions and i much prefer most of the content within them more than i do this one.
Any nation should be able to give a letter of Marque to anyone and the contracts have the flexibility to maintain control and contractors even earn honor points with nations as proof they are good investments for a letter.
But as usual I get bored with these discussions and find other things to do as the letter was a good idea when it has been brought several times and still has yet to be seriously considered for implementation not to mention i am ready for ship improvements and expansions and find that more important for me to enjoy than being urged to hit people as I do plenty of that without carrots to urge me on. :P :pirateflag

Personally while ship specialization is something I do look forward to, I have been eagerly awaiting diplomacy to be fully developed for ages. I wish to eventually rule my own nation, but id like to wait for diplomacy to be fully developed first. Though thankfully given how long its taking, it gives me plenty of time to build up and prepare for that time.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby ChaIbaud » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:42 am

Meliva? A nation? She'll have a monopoly on RP threads and the ability to silence those conspiracy-theorists and enemies of the crown!

PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby Dauner light » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:28 am

well to the original post i say +1
#1 at weirdness. Yes that's me :D
Dauner light

Postby PFH » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:54 pm

Still am in support of my suggestion.

Would like to add that caps be an optional check to the law. Minimum if checked being 1,000 gold and maximum limit being 100,000,000 gold.

Also a difference for skirmish wins and plunder wins payouts. This would be defined in the proposal.
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby Argo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:23 am

I like it, Clock
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Postby not a pirate » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:40 am

Wouldn’t care if it was added, but how about we just do some researching into Piracy Tech? Pays for itself quite fast.
not a pirate

Postby Whitcomb The Feared » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:55 am

I agree with the original post.

To avoid draining the treasury we could add
1. A cooldown of 15 or 30 days for changing nationality (to avoid frequent changes)
2. A limit of the treausry as for stipends. When the treasury goes below X, the nation doesnt pay anymore for attacks or skirmishes on enemies

I like this idea cause it finally brings an actice behavior. People have to attack to get money and not just making money by being passive amd receiving automatic money from trade routes or automatic daily stipends
Whitcomb The Feared

Postby not a pirate » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:03 am

Whitcomb The Feared wrote:I like this idea cause it finally brings an actice behavior. People have to attack to get money and not just making money by being passive amd receiving automatic money from trade routes or automatic daily stipends

Ever heard of plundering? That's what it is. I feel like this suggestion is a good theory if it had some adjustments, but not at all necessary in the game at this time. Makes Piracy less effective- why spend time and ample resources upgrading this technology when I can declare war on a random nation and then just drain the treasury instead? This is an "active behavior" that is basically a lazy-man's half-assed way to get the benefits of Piracy with no time invested. Just a vote and done.
not a pirate

PreviousNext

Return to Law Suggestions