War Branding Law

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: War Branding Law

Postby PFH » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:40 am

Go to bed so you can think ab this tmrw. Id be happy to do the math with you :)
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby Meliva » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:43 am

Wolfie wrote:
Teddy Bear wrote:3 days. Thats 750m on a 1 b treasury. With this do math. Lets say we do CDV as the nation target and lets assume he is in nuie still. Lets assume 350 fleets and idk how many he has. 250k payout on attack wins. 1400 turns which will be the total. Attacks every two hours from fugis, and including how long that would take to assume that MB, retals, or anything will be included to even get a scratch of 750m. A player who is that large will have the ample resources to stop, defleet, and prevent that raid and therefore shut down your idea completely. The stipends save that trouble just by having population. Ur logic makes no sense.

It's your and not ur.

I am done discussing things with you since you don't have arguments therefore you call people names losing all credits you had until that point.

I didn't see an insult in that quote. Well unless you consider him saying your logic doesn't make sense an insult.

Also pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes isn't a valid counterargument to points made. And he makes a good point. Some nations have treasuries in the billions. Assuming just 1B even, at 250K a hit, that is still a whopping 4K attacks that need to be made to drain it. Or 16K turns.

So once more I must point out that this would be a very piss-poor method of draining a treasury.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Meliva » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:53 am

And just for added effect, let me go ahead and do the math for how long it would take to drain a treasury using this method in the most ideal situation.

Apologies for double posting, but this might be a long one.

As mentioned before, at 1B, max 250K per plunder its 4K hits or 16K turns. but lets say they do all skirmish attacks and cut that down to 8k.

(I won't get into the amount of skirmish points needed as that would be a nightmare in and of itself.)

now lets say the raiding group is 10 men strong. Lets say they start the raid with a total of 400 turns each, and assume they have double turns on non-stop until the treasury is drained.

Also assuming the treasury remains stable and doesn't increase or decrease due to port earnings or other laws.

The 10 men, with their inital 400 turns each make up 4K turns. That's half on day 1. Now at 288 turns a day, thats 2880 turns total. So day 2 would be 6880. Halfway through day 3 would be the final bit needed to clear. So therefore in a more or less IDEAL situation, with 10 men each doing their part perfectly it would take roughly 2-3 days.

So barely faster then simply voting-and immensely more difficult and costly.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:20 pm

If you introduced a letter of Marque and the nobles hired someone to attack enemies of the nation sure its a thought but to force a nation to have a minimum or max takes away the control they have.
Lets be honest it is a thought for free cash as Dez said to drain the treasury and while I am sure he didnt mean totally its still a burden imposed by a minimum and little scavengers would be getting their rocks off on the extra cash.
Without a letter which would have a contractual hard limit signed by the nobles you are not giving a nation a choice for payment which is not adding to nations choices but rather forcing them.
most nations allow the citizens to benefit in some way via payouts, salaries, or whatever they decide if you cant defend the nation in defense of whatever you as a citizen gain then you should not be accepting what the nation gives you. The idea you should be paid extra is surely the thought of a scavenger.
As most ports are not won with ships forcing payment for ineffectual combat is backwards imo.

without a letter a nation noble could always withdraw nation monies for the sole intent of listing someone on the bounty board for skirmishes without the letter or forced llimits

the letter would just make it an actual nation vote activated courtesy
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby PFH » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Dmanwuzhere wrote:-1
If you introduced a letter of Marque and the nobles hired someone to attack enemies of the nation sure its a thought but to force a nation to have a minimum or max takes away the control they have.
Lets be honest it is a thought for free cash as Dez said to drain the treasury and while I am sure he didnt mean totally its still a burden imposed by a minimum and little scavengers would be getting their rocks off on the extra cash.
Without a letter which would have a contractual hard limit signed by the nobles you are not giving a nation a choice for payment which is not adding to nations choices but rather forcing them.
most nations allow the citizens to benefit in some way via payouts, salaries, or whatever they decide if you cant defend the nation in defense of whatever you as a citizen gain then you should not be accepting what the nation gives you. The idea you should be paid extra is surely the thought of a scavenger.
As most ports are not won with ships forcing payment for ineffectual combat is backwards imo.

without a letter a nation noble could always withdraw nation monies for the sole intent of listing someone on the bounty board for skirmishes without the letter or forced llimits

the letter would just make it an actual nation vote activated courtesy

Thank you for an actual suggestion :) maybe there can be a hard limit with how much can be dispersed daily with the law? Like hard limit handout of 5 million a day? Minumum hard limit 1 million max hard limit 25 million?

I understand you think its from a thought of a scavenger, but its sole intention is to push naval warfare. Diplomacy in nations need mechanical pushes as well. If the nation doesnt want to use the law they arent forced to have it as you mention. The council decides what they want and if they make the mistake then it IS free money. No forced payment unless the council was corrupted and controlled and even then, this isnt an efficient way to kill a treasury. Nothing is free as it will still cost turns and 1k payout isnt really that great. Like a bounty, the war branding will not always be worth it.

Why waste turns for 1000 gold coins when you can refer a freind for the same while saving turns and risks? Is referring friends now a scavenger move? Of course not :) however your point is fair and has quality within itself
PFH

Postby Meliva » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:12 pm

the law could have a hard limit be decided by that nation also. I do think this law could be good, it just needs discussing to work out any kinks it may have.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Without it being something like a letter there is no control over who receives the cash or nation payout.
Which makes it a bounty and we have a bounty feature to list anyone we choose enemy or otherwise.
I believe the letter of Marque has been discussed before in great detail it just seems a better way to give the nations an option that is viable and very controlled as to who receives the monies otherwise the bounty listing can just be moved into a nation format as well.
Also as a nation payout I would expect it to not be automatic in transfer as there is a 3 day wait currently for any payout.
The letter would be a contract and could also be in payout form once the contract was filled for any hard limit or portion as agreed by a council or nation votes.
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby PFH » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Dmanwuzhere wrote:Without it being something like a letter there is no control over who receives the cash or nation payout.
Which makes it a bounty and we have a bounty feature to list anyone we choose enemy or otherwise.
I believe the letter of Marque has been discussed before in great detail it just seems a better way to give the nations an option that is viable and very controlled as to who receives the monies otherwise the bounty listing can just be moved into a nation format as well.
Also as a nation payout I would expect it to not be automatic in transfer as there is a 3 day wait currently for any payout.
The letter would be a contract and could also be in payout form once the contract was filled for any hard limit or portion as agreed by a council or nation votes.

That can be arranged :)

Maybe payout for targetting certain ranks in the war brand OR even only a certain rank and above can recieve the war branding or even certain groups of ranks recieve different payouts? Such as:

Council brand payout: 20,000 gold coins
Nobles brand payout: 25,000 gold coins
Military brand payout: 10,000 gold coins
Citizen: N/A
*EOTC players will not recieve this bonus*
PFH

Postby Meliva » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Dmanwuzhere wrote:Without it being something like a letter there is no control over who receives the cash or nation payout.

You know we can have both this law or something similar to it and letters and not exclude one or the other. Maybe a nation wants to encourage all their citizens to partake in plunder and doesn't want to bother with a letter. Maybe they want to use both to maximize damage.
There should be some sort of laws that can be made in relation to wars in my opinon. Maybe a law that gives a reward for stealing enemy ships, rather then simply basic plunder.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby PFH » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:25 pm

Meliva wrote:

You know we can have both this law or something similar to it and letters and not exclude one or the other. Maybe a nation wants to encourage all their citizens to partake in plunder and doesn't want to bother with a letter. Maybe they want to use both to maximize damage.
There should be some sort of laws that can be made in relation to wars in my opinon. Maybe a law that gives a reward for stealing enemy ships, rather then simply basic plunder.

Like, for instance, the letters, the branding, and a new law called War Contrabanding where stolen ships from warring nations earns gold based on the ship stolen?
PFH

PreviousNext

Return to Law Suggestions