War Branding Law

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

War Branding Law

Postby PFH » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Law: whenever a player attacks a nation at war with their own nation, for each skirmish and plunder win against that nation, payout is made. Minimum payout is 1,000 gc and maximum is 250,000gc.

Thoughts?
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Re: War Branding Law

Postby DezNutz » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Sounds like a good way for players to quick join a nation at war with another and then raid its coffers.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby PFH » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Aye :P
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby DezNutz » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Incase you didn't read between the lines in my first response -1.

DezNutz

Postby Meliva » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:17 am

I mean, even if a group of players join a nation JUST to do that, they are still ultimately hitting that nations enemies which is what the law is supposed to encourage-and since payment can be anywhere between 1k to 250k it would be easy for a nation to adjust it to a price that even if a lot of hits happen they won't fear bankruptcy.

For example lets say the nation currently has 250M in its treasury. Giving away 25k a hit would be pretty safe as it would take 10K hits to drain it.

So I say +1 to this. So long as a nation doesn't act stupid and put the payout too high they need not fear such a thing.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Magnus the red » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:43 am

I agree with Melivia +1
Magnus the red

Postby Magnus the red » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:44 am

I apologize Meliva for mispelling your name :D
Magnus the red

Postby DezNutz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:47 am

As it stands, it's a mechanism for raiding treasuries. If you gained honor points instead of gold coin, which you can use to rank up, than I would agree with such a law.

Additionally why should the nation pay you for plunder action against another nation, even if you are at war. The nation doesn't get any of the plunder. Are you going to give over some of the plunder to the nation's treasury?

DezNutz

Postby Meliva » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:17 am

DezNutz wrote:As it stands, it's a mechanism for raiding treasuries. If you gained honor points instead of gold coin, which you can use to rank up, than I would agree with such a law.

Additionally why should the nation pay you for plunder action against another nation, even if you are at war. The nation doesn't get any of the plunder. Are you going to give over some of the plunder to the nation's treasury?

It is a very piss poor way of raiding a treasury then. As i pointed out-unless the nation is stupid and puts the reward way too high it would take literal ages to raid the treasury. As in my previous example it would take 10 thousand hits to drain it. No group of players could possibly pull that off unless it was a very VERY large group-and in that case why not just rank up and bloody take the gold with votes? saves yourself from wasting 40K turns.

The payment would encourage the citizens to participate in the war with extra gold being rewarded to help motivate attackers. And by doing so, this encourages extra attacks against the enemy-hurting them and damaging them. Which may help win the war essentially.

Edit- and also this is a law-if the nation decides they would rather not implement this law out of the silly fear of a treasury raid, they need not implement it.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby DezNutz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:32 am

Assisting in the rank up process via loyalty/honor points would encourage participation.

It doesn't matter how many hits it would take to drain it. It's still a tool intended to drain the treasury.

DezNutz

Next

Return to Law Suggestions